Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trouble with Ivar the Bloodhand

So I and 5 others spent about 3 hours in the agamaur looking for Ivar. I'm a minstrel, we had two hunters, two champs, and a guardian, so we killed everything just fine, the problem was that we could never find Ivar. I have looked all over that stupid area, and have found now way to get to the place the arrow points to. We get stuck at some creoth stronghold where there is a while and a few instance entrances that none of us can enter, and it is one of the more frustrating things i have ever dealt with. Please help me and my friends through this quest!

Comments

• takayitakayi Member Posts: 158

Ivar is located in an instance called Garth Agarwen, that is the reason why you couldn't find him in Agamaur. GA is however located in Agamaur. I still find the whole instance system quite weird, as I used to just run to instance portal and shazam, now however, you can join to instances from the skirmish-classic panel (CTRL+J), and there should be three different Garth Agarwen instances. Two of them are in 3-man mod (Arborectum as I call the other one and Barrows) and one 6-man which is Fortress.

You can find Ivar from the Barrows, Grimbark is located in the Arboretum, and Naruhel / Red Maid is in the fortress with couple of other bosses.

SO, to come to my conclusion, you and your friends have to go 3-man Ivar, afaik unfortunately its not doable on fellowship anymore, just a small one.

Hope this answered your question, writing this as I just woke up. :)

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by takayi

Ivar is located in an instance called Garth Agarwen, that is the reason why you couldn't find him in Agamaur. GA is however located in Agamaur. I still find the whole instance system quite weird, as I used to just run to instance portal and shazam, now however, you can join to instances from the skirmish-classic panel (CTRL+J), and there should be three different Garth Agarwen instances. Two of them are in 3-man mod (Arborectum as I call the other one and Barrows) and one 6-man which is Fortress.

You can find Ivar from the Barrows, Grimbark is located in the Arboretum, and Naruhel / Red Maid is in the fortress with couple of other bosses.

SO, to come to my conclusion, you and your friends have to go 3-man Ivar, afaik unfortunately its not doable on fellowship anymore, just a small one.

Hope this answered your question, writing this as I just woke up. :)

Nice thing about the new system is it prevents waiting 30 minutes till everyone can get to the instance, especially if your grabbing help from higher-lvl kins. That said I do with that they would mark the quests that take place inside instances appropriately because I've done what the OP did before.

• SmelproSmelpro Member Posts: 2

ok thanks a lot guys, is there a level cap for being able to enter the instance because im level 30...

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

A person must be 32 to create a GA instance any can join.