Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

melee flight combat fixed yet

gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

All these fixes and such got me excited.  But have they tackled melee flight combat yet.  Seeing as how it has been a bug in the game....well...since forever....

Comments

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

No.  In fact, they basically admitted it was broken by introducing "ground" abyss.  I don't see them ever being able to balance flight combat.  Ranged > Melee. Broken design, to be honest.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

guess I'll be waiting for tera then.  I don't play ranged classes.  Oh well, aion is very pretty and quite enjoyable until aerial pvp happens.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by Qazz

No.  In fact, they basically admitted it was broken by introducing "ground" abyss.  I don't see them ever being able to balance flight combat.  Ranged > Melee. Broken design, to be honest.

I don't think it's about the design that is broken.

It's just the nature of the fact that ranged damage dealers have an advantage over melee damage dealers. Take archers or artillery from the real world for example.

But, because this is game world you can do something about it. They could make ranged damage dealers deal less damage when airborne and boost melee characters damage more than they boost it now.

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

Originally posted by gauge2k3

All these fixes and such got me excited.  But have they tackled melee flight combat yet.  Seeing as how it has been a bug in the game....well...since forever....

Won't ever be fixed.  The Crysis engine has serious z axis issues... its really out of NCSofts control at this point.  Obviously, they should have used a different engine for a flight combat based game, but thats not much use now.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Yes its still broken but a good player can compensate for it with movement and pre-emtive actions.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by thamighty213

Yes its still broken but a good player can compensate for it with movement and pre-emtive actions.

That will only get you so far when your playing another good player. Aerial combat is sad in Aion unfortunately. Hope fully they will make some changes to the abyss..

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

They can fix melee pvp in the same way they can fix pvp in general - by getting rid of the obnoxious amount of CC currently plaguing the game.

<3

Originally posted by dreamscaper

They can fix melee pvp in the same way they can fix pvp in general - by getting rid of the obnoxious amount of CC currently plaguing the game.

They did that already....they gave all level 40 player a resist stun abilty. Also there are pots and roots you can use. The problem is the distance issue in aerial combat.

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

Originally posted by Lathander81

They did that already....they gave all level 40 player a resist stun abilty. Also there are pots and roots you can use. The problem is the distance issue in aerial combat.

Stun removal only works if you don't use the 2nd skill and as the name of the skill says only removes stun (which hurts melee classes more then range classes), you still have a ton of other CC to mess you up in flight combat.   Clerics can just root spam you, think there root CD is only like 6 seconds.   Sorcs and SM have lots of CC they can use. 

But button line is the Range classes are just going to dot the heck out of you and keep flying around so you can't hit them, only way you can land a blow is if you catch up to them and the skill your using is instant which rules out more then 1/2 the skills of melee class.

PvP is a broken system now that they nerfed rifting, ground abyss is a joke because of how many mobs are in the area, you get killed more by the mob then you do other players.

• TheCalamityTheCalamity Member UncommonPosts: 58

Originally posted by monoth

Stun removal only works if you don't use the 2nd skill and as the name of the skill says only removes stun (which hurts melee classes more then range classes), you still have a ton of other CC to mess you up in flight combat.   Clerics can just root spam you, think there root CD is only like 6 seconds.   Sorcs and SM have lots of CC they can use. 

But button line is the Range classes are just going to dot the heck out of you and keep flying around so you can't hit them, only way you can land a blow is if you catch up to them and the skill your using is instant which rules out more then 1/2 the skills of melee class.

PvP is a broken system now that they nerfed rifting, ground abyss is a joke because of how many mobs are in the area, you get killed more by the mob then you do other players.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ All this is true.  As a sin, the only classes an average player can beat in the air are other sins n chanters. I'm a fairly good sin so this doesnt apply much to me, but the casual players that are melee classes have no chance in the abyss, and this game has started to really shift into a pve game because of that...

Originally posted by monoth

Rifting was still not pvp...its was more or less just ganking. Rifters would gank lowbies or unsuspecting questers and then people would come and mob the rifter. Then they would camp the rift. Thats not pvp. They really should add an objective to the pvp areas that would beniefit the invaders and the protectors. Something to makde them want to fight people thier own level. The AP system is kinda pointless since you can grind abyss mobs for pvp points. PVP is broken but its not because of rifting.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by Qazz

Sadly, I think this describes AION perfectly.