Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online free 7 days

2»

Comments

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Something say me that you didnt even log in and check.

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93

Never tried mo,and even if they would announce that its going f2p i would save the bandwith to try it out,for the reason

that i never was reading anywhere only one good thing about that game

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

Originally posted by justandulas

Originally posted by Rohn

Regardless of how bad of shape the game is in, with a free trial, the only result is some subs will come. Many of us want to try this game but won't invest in it without actually trying it for ourselves. SV is only hurting themselves here, they are struggling to retain subs and and get new people in the game, free trial would send an overflow of curious bystanders into their MMO, and even if only 10% of them stay, that is still an increase in the subs and the money. No free trial for a game that is struggling to stay afloat is simply mind boggling.

They are supposed to have a free trial at some point, and I do see what you're saying.

One other thing to keep in mind, though, is that unrestricted free trials could have some negative consequences in a FFA, full-loot PvP virtual world game.  They are going to have to do it correctly if they want to minimize potential disruption to the world.  I've heard people suggest buddy keys from existing players, which might be a way to control it.

They are only hurting themselves by not offering some kind of free trial. I'm not asking the game go F2P or have unlimited restrictions.. just kinda a welcome mat like "Hey here's 3 free days enjoy yourself and if you like it, sub". This would drastically increase their revenue and player base and has no real negative outcomee if done correctly.

Like the man has already said, because MO is a FFA full loot PVP game they can't offer a standard trial system.  Even Darkfall with it's trial system being slightly more... restricting is greatly flawed.  Free trials only allow a window for gold farmers and hackers to exploit. 

Trust me, you don't want to play MO anyways, shit game.

Full Sail University - Game Design

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

If you like playing a game where the object is to throw your money into a fire and then throw yourself into the fire after the money, then I guess MO is right for you.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Originally posted by ariargento

We know that some people out there are still "on the fence" when it comes to Mortal Online, so as a little incentive for both new customers and our loyal fan-base we are offering you a special deal for the next 7 days:

If you buy 1 month of game time you get an additional 5 days.

If you buy 3 months of game time you get an additional 20 days.

If you buy 6 months of game time you get an additional 50 days.

This is really the key part to the announcement.  IMHO THIS is the plan to increase subs by 25% by the end of the year.  I believe SV counts the money from a multiple month renewal as revenue at the time of the transaction. Thus.. if they get 10% of the playerbase to subscribe for 3 months due to this... that is 10% providing an extra 2 months worth of sub fees so the immediate reveue goes up even if the number of subscriptions stays flat.  Anyone that buys 6 months is giving them 5 extra subs counted for Q4.

The problem of course.. is that this is robbing Peter to pay Paul.  Or in this case robbing Q1 to pay Q4. You may have gotten a relief from the immediate financial issue, but you have pushed it down the road to Q1 AND due to the extra discounted free days (20+7 free as per newsletter) that's a whole extra month.  This means those folks won't have to resub during Q1.

I don't know that they had much of an option here, but they really need to grow the playerbase between now and Q1... otherwise when the bill comes due it's gonna hit like a hammer.  I really expect to see a last ditch free trial ( a real one for everyone) before the end of the year.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ChinaCatChinaCat Member UncommonPosts: 670

It's only free 'seven days' if you subscribe and pay for the game to begin with. How very deceiving of a title. Please change the thread title to 7 days 'added', I have been curious about trying this game for some time but seeing the shitstorm this game has been swimming in the last few months without a free trial, many gamers like myself will never take the plunge. And then I see the threads about crooked gm's and how cheating is rampant and it basically makes me move on. What a shame, I have been keeping my eye on this game all year with hopes it would turn into something decent, what wasted potential.

Unreal, just when I thought I saw it all with this excuse for a game.   I got that email and totally thought they were offering any one who owned the game and once had a subscription the chance to log-in and check out the changes for 7-days.   Even still I was not going to download this mess of code on my computer.  I surfed here to see what was being posted and now realize that isn't at all what they meant in the first place.

This entire experience from beta until now has hopefully made all gamers far more aware and cautious of new companies.

-CC

"Lately it occurs to me,
    what a long, strange trip it's been". -Hunter

• jimbo775jimbo775 Member Posts: 30

Activated my account with the free 7 days, and this is what I can tell so far:

Graphis are much nicer than how they were at release. Animations are also much nicer (combat, gathering, etc).

The game has improved technically.

But for some reason, it is an empty world. I played for 5 hours and i saw no more than 10 different players, being to Fabernum and Meduli.

Also, I've been trying to lvl up my skills and for that, I need animals, plenty of PVE stuff.

There are no animals in the world, with the rare exception of a few small pockets of 4 or 5 here and there. There are no major animal spawn spots, the ones we need to lvl up our skills properly.

Now, why in the holy name of God, would they give people 7 free days in a time like this, where the game is broken (no animals in the world, several graphic problems, no population)?

Henrik and his employees are possible the stupidest people i've ever had the displeasure of hearing about.

I have 2 explanations for the free 7 day gift to non-subscribers in a time like this:

1. They can't give 7 days to the current subscribed customers alone, so they simply give everybody the 7 days. This way, the current subscribed players get their free (and useless) 7 days, and they go ahead and claim they are inviting people to come back to test the game.

2. They are simply plain stupid.

Will those ignorant fucks at starvault have to starve (literally) to finally learn how to develop a game?

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

They're stuck between a rock and a hard place. After the recent events ~50 people (most long-time beta players with 2-3, even 4 accounts) cancelled their subscriptions, with so many people coming forward and saying the game is empty (as I said before, 100-150 players prime time courtesy of a Developer who ignores Henrik's order not to talk to me) its fair to conclude that they can't afford to lose ANY subscriptions.

Regardless of how bad the state of the game is (from what I hear, people still randomly explode when crossing nodes - another old Closed Beta bug) this was the only logical thing to do for them. Yes, it's robbing Q1 to boost numbers in Q4, but isn't it modus operanti for Henrik already? Deal with things only when are about to explode in your face.

Also consider that a lot of players are selling their MO accounts for ~5-10$. When I'm looking at a game, thats one of the first things I check; how many people are trying to get some money back and sell their accounts. Too many people selling their accounts for next to nothing prices, too little people in-game.

Funny thing is, probably the most game-enrichening guild (Wessex) have pulled out of MO. Bear in mind, these are the guys who have been designing stuff like the Huergar Caves for Starvault out of their own good will. Because they were fanboys. Now they're gone into hibernation like so many other guilds.

Next to nothing being offered (cmon, in this day and age MO's offering NOTHING except some misty vision compared to other MMO's for the same price) in a niche market with very little demand now a days. Laws of economics will bury them and inevitably, even rich Daddy will run out of money to throw in the bonfire.

At the end of the line, potential was all MO ever had. With a different CEO who doesn't promise everything and deliver nothing, a different CM who doesn't harp about conducting meetings when the real meeting is 2 days after his post; who knows. For many players, MO was a costly but important lesson when it comes to indy companies. What passed for CCP all those years ago, isn't something that passes today.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by jimbo775

Graphis are much nicer than how they were at release. Animations are also much nicer (combat, gathering, etc).

But for some reason, it is an empty world. I played for 5 hours and i saw no more than 10 different players, being to Fabernum and Meduli.

Also, I've been trying to lvl up my skills and for that, I need animals, plenty of PVE stuff.

There are no animals in the world, with the rare exception of a few small pockets of 4 or 5 here and there. There are no major animal spawn spots, the ones we need to lvl up our skills properly.

Now, why in the holy name of God, would they give people 7 free days in a time like this, where the game is broken (no animals in the world, several graphic problems, no population)?

Henrik and his employees are possible the stupidest people i've ever had the displeasure of hearing about.

I have 2 explanations for the free 7 day gift to non-subscribers in a time like this:

1. They can't give 7 days to the current subscribed customers alone, so they simply give everybody the 7 days. This way, the current subscribed players get their free (and useless) 7 days, and they go ahead and claim they are inviting people to come back to test the game.

Will those ignorant fucks at starvault have to starve (literally) to finally learn how to develop a game?

or...

3.  Henrik will spin the newly active accounts as : "Record number of active accounts" and/or  " Player base doubles/triples... in November" in the Q4 report.  It wouldnt really be a lie, just misleading. How long has SV been throwing around forum accounts as if its a reflection of actual players?

I win!!! LOL@U

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Mortal Online Newsletter November - Free days added for old customers!

A few weeks have passed now since the deployment of the "Epic patch", the biggest milestone so far in Mortal Online's development and the differences are staggering.

With this new core in place we are striding forward in the development at an even faster pace than before, constantly improving both the game world and the mechanics while at the same time working on new and exciting features.

However, due to a problem in one of the systems we experienced issues with the latest patches and some before that. Causing frustration on both the player's side as well as on our's. This mistake should not have happend and it should not have happend to take so long to find and eliminate it. We want to apologize to our fans and customers and at the same time want to ensure them that with this specific issue found and new patching-procedures in place we are looking forward to delivering the quality that you can expect.

Of course actions speak louder than words, so in order to reimburse our customers for the grief the latest patches might have caused we are adding 7 days of additional gametime to each active account today. And in order to give customers who are not subscribed at the moment the chance to check out the new engine build and the new content, we are adding 7 days to every customer who bought any of the game versions earlier and does not have an active subscription at the moment.

We know that some people out there are still "on the fence" when it comes to Mortal Online, so as a little incentive for both new customers and our loyal fan-base we are offering you a special deal for the next 7 days:

If you buy 1 month of game time you get an additional 5 days.

If you buy 3 months of game time you get an additional 20 days.

If you buy 6 months of game time you get an additional 50 days.

Look forward to more content and events! See you ingame.

The paragraph I put in highlights above is like a five year old child trying to convince a parent of something hes knows damn well is full of shit. They have been "FINDING" these so called "HOLY GRAIL" Issues since last Christmas and this is just a disgusting attempt to get people to sign up for the game to bleed what last pennies they can out of whos left isn this disgrace of a game. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Only Fact here is that there is NO ISSUE there are MANY ISSUES but Henrik wants you to believe they found the big mistake and he hopes you will believe him and subscribe to his game for 3 or 6 months to give this lying idiot more money to drag more people into this mess of a game. Anyone who would sub 3 months or more to this sad excuse of a game, who has already played it, should be committed.

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

jimbo what they need to learn is when to pull the plug.

Originally posted by Ajmags

jimbo what they need to learn is when to pull the plug.

I'm beginning to think pulling the plug for MO may be the only viable course of actions for Starvault now.

I hope they learn their lesson of not releasing a beta game.

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

The sad part on all of this is I feel truly sorry for Henrik and the others in Starvault. I can see their desperate, erroneous efforts to try to keep this project alive, and I have to admit, the idea of a game like they promised back in the days still tempts me heavily, although i'm convinced they can't deliver that anymore.

What I feel is a mixture of pity, some remnants of hope and that which you feel when a friendship you invested time and effort into ends abruptly.

At the end of the day, i feel betrayed by Starvault's inability to deliver the sweet flavor of the world they have brought me to wish for.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

I cant even think of anything further to say in this conversation that already hasnt been said.    The funny thing is if you post ANY link to these forums your post will be deleted and you will be labeled a "troll" for linking to a troll site.    Oh well, thats the state of MO.

So much crap, so little quality.

Originally posted by Hodo

I cant even think of anything further to say in this conversation that already hasnt been said.    The funny thing is if you post ANY link to these forums your post will be deleted and you will be labeled a "troll" for linking to a troll site.    Oh well, thats the state of MO.

Thats not entirely true, the blantant  "recruit" type posts trying to get MO fans over here to "set us straight" tend to stay up. They claim to hate/discount MMORPG.com, yet many have multiple accounts here. Odd

On topic...

I think only 7 days, given the state of the game is a slap in the face.  The pay to "beta" thing has gone on long enough, it should be F2P until its closer to a finished product. Allow the uber fans to make donations to SV if they want.

I win!!! LOL@U

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

They should open source this thing and let the community finish the game heh.

Or do like Ryzom did and give let everyone play for free until things are resolved and such..

Ah well.

Originally posted by randomt

They should open source this thing and let the community finish the game heh.

Or do like Ryzom did and give let everyone play for free until things are resolved and such..

Ah well.

Well the community has been working on the game, but think anyone trying to "finish" MO would have to start over.  Clearly the foundation or lack of has crippled MO since its inception.

It should be free, 100% agree.   It would be great having a broader fanbase help steer development vs a handful of die-hard fans. 

I win!!! LOL@U

• doomdealer79doomdealer79 Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by username509

Ok, so rumor has players with non active accounts also got an additional 7 days for free and can now play again. 

Can we get this confirmed please?

All my accounts are active so I can't test it myself.

So I tried it with my account being inactive and it works for the seven day re-trial. Unfortunately they are marketing to come back to a game that is clearly not worth playing still. I had subbed for six months and there are good things about the game but lets look at my experience coming back with the epic patch.

First off I tried booting the game after updating and it crashed out, with experimentation I found I can now only get it to run in low graphics settings which is not the end of the world but I was able to run medium before the epic patch.

The only good news- the graphics look much much better even in low mode. Makes the game look alot more polished.

Bad news it only looks polished.

I played for a whole 15 minutes the first day of the trial for the server to go down after 10 minutes I got bored of waiting and reminded of why I stopped subbing.  Game looked good didn't get to try it.

Day 2 I figured ok lets go... I logged into pitch blackness after 5 minutes of stumbling around I was suddenly booted off the server. I tried to relogin and was told I am already logged in and should try again later. I shut her down at this point.

Day 3? Will it be worth even trying tommorrow? I definitely am not resubbing soon.

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

been taking some pics of the 7 free days I will post them later.  But one thing I find funny.  They let you have the 7 free days but you still can not post in the member section.  I wonder if that is because they do not want you trashing the game in the fanboy room.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Im suprised you still play maharet. Must be some reason you still ahve a subscription to a game you claim to dislike :)

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

Im suprised you still play maharet. Must be some reason you still ahve a subscription to a game you claim to dislike :)

Guess you can not read I said I am trying the 7 free days. 

• n00n3rn00n3r Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Stofftier

Never tried mo,and even if they would announce that its going f2p i would save the bandwith to try it out,for the reason

that i never was reading anywhere only one good thing about that game

it has full frontal nudity.  That could be a good thing.   if you're into that, I guess.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Wasted the time to re download just to see where it was and its empty for the most part.  Lack of creatures is bothersome.  It was funny last night though the 3 outside vadda ganking the newbies and folks returning. Bad game is still bad in so many ways.  From a technical standpoint it seems more stable but everything else is still horrible.

There is a saying in my line of work.

"You can polish a turd, but its still a turd."

And I think it fits nicely in this situation.

Currently SV cant pay me to play Mortal Online.

So much crap, so little quality.

Example of what you will get in your 7 day trial..  This is today.

[HARL]Destroyer

i think server needs a boot

07:54

[HARL]Destroyer

no steppes

07:55

Zarax

no nothing

07:57

*** [IVth]Devon joined #mortalonline

07:58

*** [IVth]Frankie joined #mortalonline

08:00

*** quaddle joined #mortalonline

08:01

*** DaveTs quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

08:02

[CIR]Barg

Yeah, mobs don't respawn at all image:/

[FOR]Slize

yeeeee

[FOR]Slize

i was about to ask

[CIR]Barg

One guy from our guild talked to a GM about a restart hours ago, but still... nothing

[HARL]Tartry

yeah no mounts anywhere

08:03

[FOR]Slize

i can sell u Tartry

*** [SS]lucky-bob joined #mortalonline

[HARL]Tartry

hehe nar....im loggin game has really pissed me off tonight....cant even hav a fight without SV fucking everthing up

08:04

[HARL]Tartry

thx anyway

08:04

[FOR]Slize

np