Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 is gonna be a great year for gaming

Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

Dead Space 2

Batman: Arkham City

L.A Noire

Mortal Kombat

Gears of War 3

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Bioshock: Infinite

Dragon Age 2

Portal 2

Brink

Duke Nukem Forever

Bulletstorm

Crysis 2

Rage

thats just naming a few off the top of my head

gamertag - Swaffle House

Comments

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

2011 is also when Phantasy Star Online 2 will be released as well as PSP2 Infinity.

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

whats PSP2 infinity?

gamertag - Swaffle House

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Don't forget the Isengard update to LOTRO.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

L.A Noire has amazing facial expressions and lip sync. Was blown away with how spot on they was in the trailer.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Swafdawg23

Dead Space 2

L.A Noire

Mortal Kombat

Gears of War 3

Dragon Age 2

Portal 2

Brink

Duke Nukem Forever

Bulletstorm

Crysis 2

Rage

Dead Space 2 and Torchlight 2 included. MMOS in 2011 better make sure they launch with little to no bugs and actually be good or it will be another year dominated by the non mmo types yet again.

• chuubychuuby Member Posts: 10

YOU FORGOT T.E.R.A GRRR!!!!! lol 

T.E.R.A is coming out Q1 2011(hopefully) and it will be better than any of those games!

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

La Noire is something I'm going to buy.

Dragon Age 2, maybe aswell, but DLC is a hidden expense. Sure you don't have to buy those additions, but somehow you still have the felling you have bought an incomplete game.

No true sandbox game is going to be released. So 2011 is not going to be a "great" year for me. Maybe it is time to give up on gaming and find me a girl.

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by chuuby

YOU FORGOT T.E.R.A GRRR!!!!! lol 

T.E.R.A is coming out Q1 2011(hopefully) and it will be better than any of those games!

terra is online game those are some consle games ,why would you compare online game with offline games moron :P. some of those are the greatest consle games :O

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

I can't believe noone mentioned it..THE WITCHER 2. The first one is one of the best games I've ever played and I heard they do the 2nd one with open world

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I am looking forward to 2011 and what games (MMO and Offline) coming down the pike :)

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

You left Deus Ex:Human Revolution off your list =p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhqYBKZRg5I

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Diablo 3 will likely release in 2011 also.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

whats PSP2 infinity?

phantasy star portable 2 infinity ( expansion )

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Dead Space 2

L.A Noire

Mortal Kombat

Gears of War 3

Dragon Age 2

Portal 2

Brink

Duke Nukem Forever

Bulletstorm

Crysis 2

Rage

Yeah, Duke Nukem, it will surely launch in 2011....

2011 seems to be a great year both for MMOs and regular games but we wont see Duke Nukem forever, not ever.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by Asheram

You left Deus Ex:Human Revolution off your list =p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhqYBKZRg5I

Yeah, I was about to mention that as well. I am soooo looking forward to that game. If it lives up to the legacy of the first game, it'll be great.

Originally posted by Loke666

Dead Space 2

L.A Noire

Mortal Kombat

Gears of War 3

Dragon Age 2

Portal 2

Brink

Duke Nukem Forever

Bulletstorm

Crysis 2

Rage

2011 seems to be a great year both for MMOs and regular games but we wont see Duke Nukem forever, not ever.

Gearbox took over development of Duke Nukem and they pretty much have said the game is done, just working on the polishing and plan on releasing a demo soon and a 2011 release

gamertag - Swaffle House

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

whats PSP2 infinity?

PSP2 Inifnity = Phantasy Star Portable II: Infnity.

The game will be a stand-alone expansion for Phantasy Star Portable II, which was preceeded by Phantasy Star Universe AoTI. It will have more than double the item count, over 100 missions and the online netplay from Infrastructure mode will be free. Its a playstation portable title.

The game will have a fifth race and more of everything. PSP II already has more than PSU ever did....though the Japanese players of PSU pay through Guardians Cash (microtransaction systems) for the items from PSP II and Phantasy Star Zero.

The game series is an Action Oriented Game with an RPG interface. Basically players physically go to enemies and attack them, trying to improve the content. As far as endgame goes, there practically is none and the game is more about character customization and oriented than plot oriented.

I figured as long as this thread is active, a game list should be compiled together, so I merely added to it. A lot of Japanese Games stay under wraps in Japan, but they have a gaming industry there that is more self-contained. They have a games list in their release cycle combining handhelds and consoles that is larger than the American Console/PC gaming list, but both sides of the earth suffer from the same problem...Saturation and rehashes.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by Loke666

Dead Space 2

L.A Noire

Mortal Kombat

Gears of War 3

Dragon Age 2

Portal 2

Brink

Duke Nukem Forever

Bulletstorm

Crysis 2

Rage

Gearbox took over development of Duke Nukem and they pretty much have said the game is done, just working on the polishing and plan on releasing a demo soon and a 2011 release

If you buy Borderlands goty edition you get access code for the demo.

http://www.dukenukem.com/borderlands/

• InfalibleInfalible Member Posts: 204

Let's not forget:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Shogun 2: Total War

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings

Dungeon Siege 3

Red Faction: Armageddon

http://www.themmoquest.com - MMO commentary from an overly angry brit. OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!

Originally posted by Infalible

Let's not forget:

Dungeon Siege 3

i wish they would port The Witcher and The Witcher 2 to consoles.. i never got to play the first because my computer was shit at the time

gamertag - Swaffle House

• InfalibleInfalible Member Posts: 204

Let's not forget:

Dungeon Siege 3

i wish they would port The Witcher and The Witcher 2 to consoles.. i never got to play the first because my computer was shit at the time

They've put the console version on hold for both The Witcher and The Witcher 2 due to financing problems. They WERE going to release The Witcher for PS3 and XBox 360 this year, but of course didn't. It is sad, because the combat system suits consoles really well.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how The Witcher 2 does. If it does well, they're almost certain to release both games for consoles.

http://www.themmoquest.com - MMO commentary from an overly angry brit. OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Let's not forget:

Dungeon Siege 3

They've put the console version on hold for both The Witcher and The Witcher 2 due to financing problems. They WERE going to release The Witcher for PS3 and XBox 360 this year, but of course didn't. It is sad, because the combat system suits consoles really well.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how The Witcher 2 does. If it does well, they're almost certain to release both games for consoles.

one of the main problems with getting a game on consoles is usually the bit where you have to pay the company that owns it for the right to do so... think they also get a cut of the profits too.. win win for the sony/microsoft etc, one of the reasons also why the PC is cheaper to develope for.. the only problem is getting the game in the shops.. though with outlets like Steam, which gives indy developers a chance to release games without having to put out a huge outlay too.. inevitably i think games will probably get cheaper as this method is used more, of course retailers (none virtual that is) will see a loss of earnings and fewer titles on their shelves, something thats happening already imo, as PC games are moving more and more away from the 'physical' purchases to digital ones..  .. and of course.. PC games are cheaper than console ones image

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Let's not forget:

Dungeon Siege 3

If you have a good pc now, I would definitely try it. For me, it's the best non-sandbox rpg I've ever played (DA comes 2nd).

Originally posted by Rynne

Let's not forget:

Dungeon Siege 3

If you have a good pc now, I would definitely try it. For me, it's the best non-sandbox rpg I've ever played (DA comes 2nd).

i may buy it then, is it anything like baulders gate?

gamertag - Swaffle House

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

From Dust

Prepare to orgasm after watching the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOQGazo7Oo

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn