Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ISO: MMORPG or Single player RPG (very specific list)

Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378

I have been disappointed with those MMORPG/RPG game lately...  I'm gonna list what game i'm looking for..

1. Questing! 

-No repeative quest daily(no repeative quest everyday to level up or kill x mob to turn in for quest) It doesnt feel rewarding at all for your easy work.

-Needs to be very rare.  Rewards good when completion for your hard task.  NO EXP reward!

-Long quest or Journey to go in cavern or dungeon.. w/e and fight your way down to get the item.  May require teamwork too. Needs to be very creative!

2. Skill system!

- All skill laid out to you to choose to level up. 

-Able to build up run/jump skill too.  Too boring that everyone runs same speed!

3. Leveling!

-Only way you can level up is by killing mob!

-No exp reward by turn in quest rewards

-Party up in dungeon to share exp but doesnt require you to stay in 1 spot to kill... your free to roam in dungeon to kill whatever you want.

4. PvP!

- Would be nice to have some Pvp to keep you movitated!

- Pvp server is ok too!

Graphic!

-High quality graphic is a must!

Misc:

- NO item malls!

- Subscription is ok!

Kain_Dale

Comments

• ScottcScottc Member Posts: 680

If not for graphics, Asheron's Call would be what you're looking for.

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

Goodluck with that for sp I recommend dragon age orgins. But there is no mmo like that really I would say lotro but doesnt have open world like you want but has more meaningful quests but I found gameplay boring and dull.

You could always look into darkfall but there are no quests from what I hear and extremly pvp focused but there is pve and the mobs have incredible ai from what I hear. Just keep in mind vets might have power over you just like in eve because they been leveling up there skills longer.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

Then you should follow Arche Age development,check out these gameplay videos and this article from massively

www.youtube.com/watch?v=03XWF4ipCyQ

http://www.massively.com/2010/11/02/massively-exclusive-jake-song-talks-archeage/

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Perhas take a chance at 2Worlds2, while I havn't picked it up yet, I did enjoy 2Worlds1 very much, apart from the voiceacting in part 1, but have a feeling the things they knew had to change did change in part 2. Oh and it's a single/multiplayer player RPG.

Some of it's feature's

• A flexible combat system with variable attack moves, parrying and special tricks

• State-of-the-art technology, thanks to a powerful GRACETM engine and special tools 

• Lots of mini-games for breaking up gameplay

• Intuitive user interface for the DEMONSTM Magic system and the PAPAKTM Alchemy system

• Mercenaries and magically-created beings accompany the player

• Complex object management with movable and usable items 

• Special CRAFTTM tool enables the individual configuration of armor and weapons

• Many Boss opponents, including special combat strategies and unique rewards

• Flexible MoSens system guarantees realistic everyday and combat movements

• Various ways of moving, like walking, running, sprinting, riding, swimming, sailing and teleporting 

• Captivating background story with numerous cutscenes

• Extensive Multiplayer part including building/setup simulation

Preview> Two Worlds II 

Enjoy......

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

2Worlds is probably the best suggestion you'll get for a sp/mp game.

It feels kind of odd as a console game (it's also for pc), but pretty much inline with how most mmo combat feels though, and sort of has a Gothic 3 vibe with a little Elder Scrolls thrown into the mix.

I'd definetly try out a demo first before you rush out to buy it though, it may only be about $20 across all platforms but for some that could seem like too much, since it could require someone with a true rpg addiction to overlook many of it's glaring issues.

Wasn't aware 2Worlds2 was out though, but if it is it'd probably be a safe bet just to skip the first one altogether :P