Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR is going to kill WoW?

13»

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by keithianw

Originally posted by ZERMINUS

Considering the mixed welcome given to Bioware's reveals of graphics, combat, openness, space and crafting - as well as the ludicrously high financial figures it must meet to be sustainable - , we should wait until launch to find out whether the game will actually survive let alone 'beat' WoW.

Hi Zerminus. I think most playing the game at PAX and Gamescom commented that the graphics in person felt just right and considering the build..is already just as polished as most games out now. Many of us are simply concerned about the running animations of certain classes in attack mode. I don't think you need to be too worried when we get to play the final build.

I also don't think most of us care one way or another whether this kills wow or not, as long as it is fun and has a healthy population.

Finally, I agree that everything will be answered between launch and the 3-6 months that follow, but the more information they release the happier most people who arn't disgruntled sandbox folks seem to be..including even the Pro GW2 writers on this site. I want to apologize in advance if the game is successful. lol

QFT. I could care less if this game knocks out WOW. I just want a game that is fun to play and not a boring,tedious grind fest. If this game accomplishes that criteria then it is better than WOW  regardless of the numbers.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Elidien

Originally posted by harvest151

Enough Said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK5EZe7hccA&NR=1

That video was hilarious. Made the thread worth visiting!

A well crafted Hitler parody never gets old :)

• KriosisKriosis Member Posts: 345

Originally posted by tazarconan

I think swotr is going to kill a fly

That's good, I don't like flies.

• elos_rekatelos_rekat Member Posts: 106

Really this game bridges Sci-Fi and fantasy.  Its space with swords (light sabers) and magic (the Force). So I think it we appeal to a much larger group.

You could well be right, but then again maybe not.  I can only say that for me it holds no interest and I love the Star Wars Saga

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

Will it Kill WoW... No.  WoW is a cartoonish game that will always attract 13 year olds wanting to play an online game, and with the advertising campaign they have, and almost no other game advertises on TV, they will have new players to fill the void.  TOR has copied WoWs model of making a game that does not require a $3,000 rig to run, or at least that's what we have been lead to believe.  There aren't tons of classes, like EQ2 has, so balance will be easier to achieve, and it is based off a well known genre so it has the potential to be a huge game.  Will it?  We will have to see.  I hope it does well, I want something to come out worth playing.

• rebelhero1rebelhero1 Member Posts: 229

Just for the sake of this "wow-killer" stuff; a true rebellion does not go for the throat of its greatest enemy. It instead goes for that which grants it power. I.e. support, numbers and currency.

No game that tries to kill WoW will succeed, the one that tries instead to strengthen itself will be the only one whom has a chance.

Their only chance of being more successful than WoW is to ignore WoW entirely. That is exactly what they're doing, and using a more powerful IP than WoW as well. The formula is there but the question is, do they have adequate variables?

Playing: *sigh* back to WoW :(
    --------
    Waiting for: SW:TOR, APB, WoD
    ---------
    Played and loved: Eve and WoW
    --------
    Played and hated: WoW:WotLK, Warhammer, every single F2P

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167

Really people... I mean really?  If you play'd kotor for xbox and loved it, then you will love the mmo. If you never play'd kotor for xbox, then you should  because if you don't like it, then your not going to like the mmo. As in wow killer, no.. kotor has a long way to go and I do not think the mmo will live up to the hype.. star wars fan i am.