Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Made a Tabula Rasa video with some in-game footage

levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

Hey d00ds,

I was digging through an old hard drive and found some clips from Tabula Rasa. I miss this game a lot. I thought that it was a lot of fun, particularly given all they added to it in the end. The first person view was cool, I like the mechs, the starting addition of Earth, etc. The control points, for all of their repetition, were always a lot of fun to me. I liked the crafting system as well. It was simple but effective.

I will warn the l33t people out there that I put Gary Numan on the vid as the soundtrack...but even if you loathe the music maybe you'll like seeing some of the old places from the game. It has a guardian but mostly it is my spy.

I took all gray items in the game and max augmented them with the crafting system. I ran on a mix of motor assist and reflective and was able to solo most of the content in the game with it. It was pretty OP but also a lot of fun.

Video

--Lev

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

Comments

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Levi how you doing buddy?

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Still missing TR, with several canned games popping back up, like APB and  Gods and Heroes, I wish TR would find its way back online...

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• wicked45wicked45 Member Posts: 59

Good Stuff man!....good stuff...

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Awesome! Miss this game a lot!

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

Thanks a lot, guys. I am glad you dug it.

I miss TR more than any other game. If you think about how far they came development-wise with a skeleton crew (especially at the end), it was incredible. The crafting, mechs, Earth, and first person view were bad ass. I liked the control points.

Running around on my spy was a blast. I played a guardian for a long time, then a medic, then settled on the spy. I ran with a friend and he played a medic. We could destroy all of the content with that combo. Once they added the crafting system it enabled me to solo lots of things i could not have otherwise. Good shit.

I wish that more people had appreciated this game. It is such a shame that we have no new sci-fi type MMOs. I guess Fallen Earth loosely qualifies, but it didn't do it for me. I love the indie developer thing and was in the alpha and betas, subbed a few months, etc. The combat felt clunky and the faction grind was pathetic. I did like the open world and many other aspects but I think it is going to fold like TR did. Also, the gun sounds were horrendous. The TR guns always made you feel like you were unleashing a torrent of death, even if you weren't really doing that much damage. It was awesome and I think that a lot of games fail to capture that satisfying "OOMPH" guns can have when the audio is done right.

The only thing I see coming out that is remotely like Tabula Rasa is Earthrise. I've been following that game for years and am a little skeptical about it at this point.

Well, all, have a good holiday. I've got to go -- serious emergency. I'm on vacation in California and need to hit the dispensary with my friend!

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272

The game was fun, and I really enjoyed playing it.

I do hope it comes back too!

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Nice video. Brought a tear to my eye.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Nice work Lev. Made me really miss the game. Thats what sucks when mmorpg's go down. Any other kind of game you have ever played you can probably find out there in infroweb land and play it again. Not mmorpg's though.

• PauheGunorPauheGunor Member UncommonPosts: 12

Thanks for the Vid, still miss this so much, best sci-fi mmo ever made, just as someone else stated i realy hope this works its way back online...

• BunglermooseBunglermoose Member Posts: 63

Me too -- I really miss it. I know the game has its detractors, and needed a nice big boost in content, but honestly? I was sure those things were going to come about if the game had been allowed to continue. It remains one of the most fun MMOs I've ever played, and I've played almost every major MMO that's hit since 2000. Thanks for posting the video.

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

Thanks for all of the thoughts and feedback, everyone. It is good to see fans out there despite some of the negative perceptions out there about the game.

When I was playing Tabula Rasa, as much as I really liked it, I didn't fully appreciate it in the way that I do now. When I go on Youtube and see the development update videos (like this one) it blows my mind how much that game had to offer. Sure, there was only so much content, but there were things like open world pvp that could have matured even further.

As I may have mentioned already, the game was extremely impressive and polished by the time they shut it down. I wonder how many of you got to check that period of the game out? They added a ton...the new crafting system was what enabled me to solo some of the stuff in that video.

Damn it...this great game was a victim of incompetence and corporate hell.

• sonicboomsonicboom Member Posts: 29

I miss the invasions. I still have my tabula rasa collectors edition.

This is the part where cameron goes berserk!

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

Really miss Tabula Rasa. It was a great game. Fun and casual.

R.I.P

ps: I wish they will re-animate TR someday, with updates to make it live longer.