Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

two beta emails?

i got into beta today, whoohoo. however one thing that seems odd to me is. i got two emails. one on the email my SOE account is attached too. and one that i put  in when i submited my pre-order receipt. they both have the same attachments, but only one has the beta key. did anyone else get anything like this? im not too worried, since they all have the same links but. at the same time im alittle worried about keyloggers and virus's

Playing
Nothing
waiting for
The secret world
Played
WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

As I recall, the key should be on your SOE account email. I've not heard of anyone getting 2 emails though.....

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

yea, thats what really struck me as odd. that and the headers are different.

DC Universe Online Beta

from Station-mailer.soe.com

is the first one, that went into my hotmail(account i signed up to SOE with)

and the other is

Congratulations - Welcome to the DCUO PC Beta!

from The DC Universe Online Team to my gmail, the email i put in when i submitted my receipt.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

Dang, lucky.  PC version right?  They aren't doing PS3 beta (yet?)?

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

I actually did get 2 beta invites for this game, for 2 different Sony accounts. I only signed up once for beta also. :P

oh, also. one said "hello account name" and the other said "congratulations real name" so...yea..ah well, i came to the conclusion that its not a keylogger or anything by perfect grammar and spelling in both emails, the links, and the fact absolutely no one has my gmail but a few game accounts i use it for like WoW, and beta applications.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

As far as beta invites go, it appears they are sending out mass invitations,  if you preordered you will most definitely get in.  Strangely enough though,  those that haven't preordered also seem to be getting in as long as they signed up for the beta.

If you signed up for the beta and preordered theres a chance you may get 2 e-mails.

The PS3 beta has not started yet,  but they are getting ready to send invites for that too, just keep your eyes peeled, I'm sure they'll announce it.

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

azrael, the [email protected] is legit

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

I guess this must be for all the PC preorder people.  I preordered for PS3 and haven't gotten an invite yet.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

<span>For those if you itching to try the PS3, we should have an announcement for you in the very near future.  </span>

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/dc-universetm-online-the-official-game-page/the-dcuo-pc-pre-order-beta-has-begun/10150329465255717

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by fansede

is NDA still up for this game?

YES!   Unfortunately we have a lot of newer testers that are not familiar with an NDA.  

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by maskedweasel

YES!   Unfortunately we have a lot of newer testers that are not familiar with an NDA.  

Yeah and from what I've heard I don't believe you are even allowed to state you made it into the beta. I would assume that everything in the letter you received is even under the NDA. 

But of course these are just assumptions and things I've heard, so I could be wrong... 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Yeah and from what I've heard I don't believe you are even allowed to state you made it into the beta. I would assume that everything in the letter you received is even under the NDA. 

But of course these are just assumptions and things I've heard, so I could be wrong... 

well, to be fair. i did post this before i signed any such NDA.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by azrael466

i got into beta today, whoohoo. however one thing that seems odd to me is. i got two emails. one on the email my SOE account is attached too. and one that i put  in when i submited my pre-order receipt. they both have the same attachments, but only one has the beta key. did anyone else get anything like this? im not too worried, since they all have the same links but. at the same time im alittle worried about keyloggers and virus's

Probably both legit since you preordered too.

• VeviVevi Member Posts: 146

All i am gonna say is; if you pre ordered and sent in your proof. check your Email !!!