Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drop Wow for Guild Wars?

anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
Anyone dropping WoW for guild wars? If so please tell me why. Is it just that good? Just wanna hear some reactions to how fun Guild Wars is.

Comments

• coolcloud368coolcloud368 Member Posts: 57

I never really liked WoW. Guild Wars is awsome, it's a quick patch download, cites load kinda slow so I suggest you have something to do while they load, there is the occasional lag, but nowhere near other games.

------------------------------
    World of Warcraft-Retired
    (Blair 60 Warlock-Daggerspine)
    RF Online-Downloading
    Guild Wars-Retired
    (Amazonsfinest 20 Warrior/Monk)

• dtritusdtritus Member Posts: 139

I may be droping WoW...  the "honor system" really killed the game for me.

Also, GW doesn't cost me $15 a month /shrug

Yeah, I'd do Betty....
    But I'd be thinking about Wilma.

• NeolanceNeolance Member Posts: 44
    I droped wow for GW =)   got bored after i got a hunter up to 37
  • MajereMajere Member Posts: 12

Yeah I agree with dtritus...I was having to pay 20$-25$ monthly to play WoW...when I could be playing an even better game (Guild Wars) for free...well after you buy the game.All in all Guild Wars is way better!

-Intel Pentium 4 Processor with HT Technology 640 (3.20GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)
    -250GB SATA Hard Drive
    -256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon™ X850 XT PE
    -1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
    -RAIDMAX 668WBP Black Aluminum Gaming Case

• mjavormjavor Member Posts: 13
    I dropped WoW for guild wars.  Not sure if I made the right choice yet.  Only at lvl 5 with my Monk/Nec

Sager - 9800 S

• pompiliupompiliu Member Posts: 29
    well the hype-metter of the games say it all.

There is no spoon. Enter The Matrix

• DevireCuiDevireCui Member Posts: 2

I never really liked World of Warcraft that much. Guild Wars is a whole new adventure for me. Never do I feel pressured into grinding while playing this game; I love that.

• BlizzagenBlizzagen Member Posts: 167

''well the hype-metter of the games say it all.''

I'm not bashing either game, but I really wouldn't trust the Hype-Meter, or make a decision on it.

• XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

ppl give their oppinion in the hypemeter and can only vote one, so WoW-addict.....get lost

GW rules over WoW (wich sux)

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339

omg you twat 5 skills? GUILDWARS WEBSITE DOES NOT SAY IT ALL!!! guildwars.ogaming.com ....write that down and see how many skills one class has... and remember you are a combo of two classes... you get to choose over 200 different skills... and yeah... 30 different profession combos.. that means 30 different unique professions... And I should say.. Im a WoW player myself... and I never really had the heart for WoW at the beginning.. I just joined it because everyone else was playing it.. but it did not have the satisfaction in me.... anyway we all play the games differently... but just by looking at GW's graphics? it tells it all

i~ku~ra

• whitexninjawhitexninja Member Posts: 6

Well, i'd say it all depends on what kind of gameplay experience you like.

If you like to be in a party all the time and be doing quests all the time, and do PVP all the time i'd suggest Guild wars. If you like to solo but have the choice of having a party, and be able to just run around massive worlds and so on, i'd suggest WoW.

Personally I'd prefer WoW, but i can't afford the monthly fee, so i'm playing guild wars, which is just fine, but if you don't have a party it's not that fun, because you wander around a relatively large map all by yourself (npc's don't count as other people) and personally i liek the ability to wander around then stop in the middle of nowhere and be able to chat with people, rather than having to party with people to chat with them, or be in a town.

So, really, it's all just what you prefer your MMO's to be like, i wouldn't really suggest dropping WoW, you could probably have both, especially since you don't have to pay monthly for GW.

i agree with him... some people love interaction on pve maps.. thats some point that gw does not offer to solve ksing problems and lags... but it is funwhen you are in a party i'd say

i~ku~ra

• NiberNiber Member Posts: 203

Two very different games, I wouldn't even compare them honestly.

However, as someone who never really "got into" WoW I have to say I've been considering just playing GWs. Afterall, there are only so many hours in the day.

Gotta love $0.00 per month!

• XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by BobCrazyton
    2 words...
    FUCK
    YA
    (even though I don't have WoW)
    btw are there just 5 spells for each class or are there more?

go suck some milk of ur mommas titty's home boy::::08::

asswhipe::::20::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• CarraraCarrara Member UncommonPosts: 111

Originally posted by ikra
    i agree with him... some people love interaction on pve maps.. thats some point that gw does not offer to solve ksing problems and lags... but it is funwhen you are in a party i'd say

While I agree somewhat that these issues would be prevalent in most MMOs, the way it's handled in GW is far greater than all.

When you're soloing, there is no way for others to KS. You are in a Solo Instance. There are no other players near you.

As far as lag when you Solo? There is none. You tranceive information about your instance very randomly. It's basicaly a local session with a few updates to the server that is hosting your session seed.

GW was designed and programmed by a team of the best in the industry. I'm rather proud for them.
    They proved that you don't have to charge an arm and a leg for awesome persistent content.

Carrara

• EskimoNiplzEskimoNiplz Member Posts: 1

personally i like WoW and GW the same...the difference for me is that GW has better party setup and is free..but over all i like both almost the same...but i coild do with out the $15.00 monthly fee::::26::

will you show me talent please?

• PsikorpsPsikorps Member Posts: 39

I played WoW from launch until about 2 weeks ago, Guildwars is a very different game in many ways.

Firstly the PvP in GW is not a button mashing type like it is in WoW, in GW you require planning and thought to win most battles.

Secondly, while there are solo aspects in the game, playing it as the lone wolf can only take you so far and you will only get so much out of it. In WoW you can stay solo through the entire thing unless you want in on raids and such....I greatly enjoy this aspect as it helps to enhance the community rather than hinder it as in WoW's case.

I didn't drop WoW for GW though, I dropped WoW because it got old and did not offer enough to warrant the monthly fee, if WoW was free like GW I would still play it once in awhile but since they feel $15 a month is fair for the shotty customer service, harsh in-game support by their corrupt GM's, a community that has no concept of community, and new content that comes like 2-3 times a year, WoW just does not have enough appeal to keep my wallet open to Blizzard.

ArenaNet on the other hand, with their no monthly fee, content that comes in the form of expansions that are totally optional, their customer support that are VERY helpful....they got me to buy a CE version of the game (mainly for the art book/headphones) and I feel more satisfied with my purchase of that then I ever did with my WoW CE (which is now collecting dust)

very well said Psikorps... Ehem.. And I do hope WoW players read this and eventually fet yourselves a shot with guild wars... Guildwars is really fun if you know how to find the quests... and you'll see how fun partying with other people is... =D

i~ku~ra

• Yeah I dropped Wow for GW. Although I loved the freedom of Wow I just get tired of the grind your life away business model. Its not healthy. GW is just a great game. There is something for everyone in there.

• JatezJatez Member Posts: 103
    I'm a little late in the thread, but I did drop WoW for GW.

Jatez -- Question Everything -- Jate

• AtleusAtleus Member Posts: 21
    image Never thought alota WoW players would drop for Guild Wars. Any how.. you're now part of the Guild Wars community XD

x[..The end will make a new beginning..]x

• KiddKidd Member Posts: 7
    I dropped WoW for guild wars. 1. I'm a big diablo 2 fan 2. Wow sucked 3. wow sucked  4. Wow didn't offer what I thought it would.
  • donaldduckdonaldduck Member UncommonPosts: 158

I also dropped WOW for GW

Got very boring and the new gank patch is a joke.

But the main reason was I got fed up filling the pockets of an arrogant company like Blizzard to play their 'beta' game.

'Its coming soon' while I paid them to make what should have been in the game to start with was not good enough.

Also having the cheek to bring out 250,000 new copies a few weeks ago while their servers were still laggy and customer service non-existant was the final straw.