Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM interferes with player siege

Comments

• lordzelmanlordzelman Member Posts: 124

.....lol

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by cirsyndic

Ok I've talked with [CIR]Konrad, [AQ]Alfie and [TKO]Malum after seeing the post on the MOFO (http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55834-regarding-tonights-siege.html#post1058635); noone from the main organizers of the attacking force ( [AQ]KoLi, [CIR]Konrad) or guild-leaders/guild-officers present ([TKO]Malum, [CN]Suttner, [Ely]Fatal) at the time were in any way consulted or represented.

So, only the defending player side (TOP alliance) was represented in this talk. The leaders and organizers I talked to have no idea who "represented" them but this is pouring more oil on the fire for them.

Proof or it did not happen.... We ask for proof from game developers and fanboys. The same goes for you. Proof or it did not happen.

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Whether the Sledgehammers are working as intended or not, matters little.

Discord's actions on this are amazingly terrible in a PvP game. Seriously, this is a prime example of GM's abusing power.

Fire the guy, or whatever you gotta do. Because this kind of thing is the last thing SV needs lol.

This game is going to tank, sad really I had high hopes for the game; now its just one final push away from closing it seems.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Axllow18

Whether the Sledgehammers are working as intended or not, matters little.

Discord's actions on this are amazingly terrible in a PvP game. Seriously, this is a prime example of GM's abusing power.

Fire the guy, or whatever you gotta do. Because this kind of thing is the last thing SV needs lol.

This game is going to tank, sad really I had high hopes for the game; now its just one final push away from closing it seems.

Again, we've only heard one side of the story.  I doubt any of us would want to be treated that way - summary execution after only one side is known - at our jobs.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by Rohn

Again, we've only heard one side of the story.  I doubt any of us would want to be treated that way - summary execution after only one side is known - at our jobs.

Noone would want to be treated like this, but if you were the boss and your employee pulled something like this off he'd be out the door before you can say "bye".

• MidnightsephMidnightseph Member Posts: 21

I will give you the other side of the story:

The PK nation destroyed TOP's gate some days ago with 8 people in only 5 minutes.

They sieged TOP today.

Gate was bugged with 500hp and couldn't be built up by TOP. PK nation just farted at the keep and it went down. GM was watchign and replaced the gate (should they be allowed to have the advantage of a bug?, dont think so)

About players being turned yellow, its just plain stupidity and made up, none of that happened. What happened was exactly what happened to the last fight behind TNA's keep where both parties had some people that were "immortal" because of lag. So both TOP, TNA, VO and the PK nation might have had people that looked immortal in the fight.

After that, the 60 of them grouped up at crossroads. TOP sent 4 mages to earthquake in the middle of them and get their health down. After that they scattered with low health and TOP's group of 30 went out of the keep and killed them.

That is exactly what happened...

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

Originally posted by Midnightseph

The PK nation destroyed TOP's gate some days ago with 8 people in only 5 minutes.

They sieged TOP today.

Gate was bugged with 500hp and couldn't be built up by TOP. PK nation just farted at the keep and it went down. GM was watchign and replaced the gate (should they be allowed to have the advantage of a bug?, dont think so)

About players being turned yellow, its just plain stupidity and made up, none of that happened. What happened was exactly what happened to the last fight behind TNA's keep where both parties had some people that were "immortal" because of lag. So both TOP, TNA, VO and the PK nation might have had people that looked immortal in the fight.

After that, the 60 of them grouped up at crossroads. TOP sent 4 mages to earthquake in the middle of them and get their health down. After that they scattered with low health and TOP's group of 30 went out of the keep and killed them.

Hmm, 4 mages put the smack down on 60 other players without being zerg insta-killed?!!

Call me crazy, but that sounds somewhat OP o_0

Noone would want to be treated like this, but if you were the boss and your employee pulled something like this off he'd be out the door before you can say "bye".

Not before I'd heard that employee's side of the story.

If it turns out that there's no excuse, and he's completely at fault, then yes.  Of course, I believe SV has gotten rid of bad people before, both employees and volunteers, who were probably also at fault, which is the right thing to do.

They sieged TOP today.

Thank you for giving us some more information.

I don't know if this completely clarifies everything, but it does show that perhaps the initial reports weren't exactly 100% accurate or complete.  Initial reports rarely are.  Unfortunately, the townsfolk don't usually wait for the verified truth to come out before whipping out the pitchforks and torches.

What sucks about this is that a bugged gate might be the root cause of this incident.  Though many things have improved, SV still has some work to do in cleaning up the game. 

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Ok I've talked with [CIR]Konrad, [AQ]Alfie and [TKO]Malum after seeing the post on the MOFO (http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55834-regarding-tonights-siege.html#post1058635); noone from the main organizers of the attacking force ( [AQ]KoLi, [CIR]Konrad) or guild-leaders/guild-officers present ([TKO]Malum, [CN]Suttner, [Ely]Fatal) at the time were in any way consulted or represented.

So, only the defending player side (TOP alliance) was represented in this talk. The leaders and organizers I talked to have no idea who "represented" them but this is pouring more oil on the fire for them.

How convenient.

I win!!! LOL@U

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

They sieged TOP today.

I don't know if this completely clarifies everything, but it does show that perhaps the initial reports weren't exactly 100% accurate or complete.  Initial reports rarely are.  Unfortunately, the townsfolk don't usually wait for the verified truth to come out before whipping out the pitchforks and torches.

What sucks about this is that a bugged gate might be the root cause of this incident.  Though many things have improved, SV still has some work to do in cleaning up the game. 

Well in all fairness here... 2 things lol. 

1) MO devs/GM's doing something like this at this point in time isn't exactly a far fetched notion given past history. 

2) A "Here's what really happened" report from some random person with 2 posts is about as confirmed as the OP's post. 

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

The game has not improved OP.  I politely correct you.  I resubbed to this game last month and only for that month to find that I had once again wasted my money.  Nothing has changed.  Things still float around the world.  Combat is still clunky and blatantly misses when the direction and distance of your swing clearly should have hit something realistically.  So, all you guys who think this game is improving are severely mistaken.  These devs are lying to you.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Asking players to delete op broken weps in a ffa pvp game is just stupid to begin with. they gotta fix that ish.

• jimbo775jimbo775 Member Posts: 30

lol... wtf SV, wtf...

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

They sieged TOP today.

Well in all fairness here... 2 things lol. 

1) MO devs/GM's doing something like this at this point in time isn't exactly a far fetched notion given past history. 

2) A "Here's what really happened" report from some random person with 2 posts is about as confirmed as the OP's post. 

Please note that I'm not claiming that either account is unblemished fact.  I do think, however, that both sides of the issue need to be examined before making decisions.

Headlong and erronous rushes to judgment, fueled by personal agendas, isn't exaclty a far-fetched notion given the past history of this website, either.  This issue, where people were clearly demanding blood before demanding facts, further proves that.

lol

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

lol Maybe they should do some real life investigation-last I looked sledgehammers are a major tool used in demolition,they are real good at knocking stuff down.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

This is a game that is focused on FFA PvP.. has full loot... and territory control.  They actually launched the game with some PLAYERS having full GM powers in game. Not just moving stuck players, but actually being able to ban other players and manipulate characters. These were not just random players either, but GMs of guilds.  To me, that just demonstrates a total lack of common sense and foresight by the company.  As a result there is a long history or complaints about unfair GM practices.. favoring either the pet guilds or the groups with "the most subs".

After the last outcry/scandal they said they would change... perhaps they have... but from the look of this mess it would seem that they are still plagued by the same fundamental flaw: The perception that they have an inability to provide a fair and level playingfield.

Do they still only have a single GM?  Have they hired more?  Did they go back to using volunteer players?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by seniorfrito

The game has not improved OP.  I politely correct you.  I resubbed to this game last month and only for that month to find that I had once again wasted my money.  Nothing has changed.  Things still float around the world.  Combat is still clunky and blatantly misses when the direction and distance of your swing clearly should have hit something realistically.  So, all you guys who think this game is improving are severely mistaken.  These devs are lying to you.

Ive seen a few improvements, but believe its the lack of players vs anything SV did.  (bank/inventory/db) 

I win!!! LOL@U

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

"[00:30] <[RUS]Golozhopenko> If this shit isn't fix like now, we gonna quit"

I bet when he typed this, he showed Mortal Online who's boss.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

LOL if you use a weapon on a structure you will be banned.   How about fixing this instead no ?  Banning is easier i guess then fixing a game.  What a bunch of morons they deserve to go bankrupt.

• jimbo775jimbo775 Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

This is a game that is focused on FFA PvP.. has full loot... and territory control.  They actually launched the game with some PLAYERS having full GM powers in game. Not just moving stuck players, but actually being able to ban other players and manipulate characters. These were not just random players either, but GMs of guilds.  To me, that just demonstrates a total lack of common sense and foresight by the company.  As a result there is a long history or complaints about unfair GM practices.. favoring either the pet guilds or the groups with "the most subs".

After the last outcry/scandal they said they would change... perhaps they have... but from the look of this mess it would seem that they are still plagued by the same fundamental flaw: The perception that they have an inability to provide a fair and level playingfield.

Do they still only have a single GM?  Have they hired more?  Did they go back to using volunteer players?

Volunteer players imo. Probably hand-picked from the fanboy group.

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

• rmasonrmason Member Posts: 140

I talked a few of my RL friends into pre-ordering this game with me. We plinked around lightly in closed/open beta then started to play during release. The rampant bugs/exploits drove us out within a week.

I felt so bad about talking my friends into buying the game I actually reimbursed them for the costs.

Had great potential but when you have an indie group that has 0 experience in developing/running an MMO you get things like this happening. Am really sorry to see this game in such a pitiful state.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

This honestly isn't a shock to me, I have seen GM abuse in other games. Also I quit this game because of how boring it was, this game is way worse than Dark Fall, or Face OF Mankind, or any other game. I quit the game when I watched 5 other people speed hacking, the Spell system was really crappy, and I am not ever going to play this game again myself personally until the entire game is revamped with new character models, and made more like Dark Fall, which I don’t see any time soon. Anyways  I will simply say that After reading everything including the logs on these boards based on those logs I will say that this game is worse than even All Points Bulletin was... Like seriously how could GM's be allowed to interfere with other players? Also when I bought this game I expected more from it than what I saw, but this game, and I honestly Ignored everyone on these boards that said this game failed just to see for myself. It was a waste of $50 I think it was.

• goobernautgoobernaut Member Posts: 6

So, if I understand -- some players are claiming a GM made other players and a gate invincible. Other players are claiming only the gate. Yet, 4 players took out 60 players.

Also, regardless of the Sledge Hammer or Boom Stick thing.  Either of those items should have been (and were fixed). From what was said -- ONLY THE OLD BOOM STICKS were doing too much damage. 

"Currently there was a issue in the code that allowed (< past tense) the two handle weapon [Boom Sticks ] (<item in question) to do more damage then intended. "

"This has been fixed for the newly created weapons (<newly crafted boomsticks) , anyone affected by the old ones (< old boomsticks) will not be reimbursed as they still acted as a sledge hammer (<what the boomstick was acting like) would. For the ones currently in game we ask you delete them."

"From this day forward you can not use the ones (<referring to boomsticks) currently in the world on structures you will be banned if you do.

Either way, this was the 10th that they fixed them, the siege occurred on the 19th. Then top it off with the fact that it clearly states that people using the item in question would be banned, but no one was, means that it was not the bugged item referred to.

It seems to me, the simple answer is, TOP had their gate broken previously, they didn't rebuild it fast enough, when a new siege happened the gate had only been built up to 500HP and subsequently destroyed quickly. IF the issue was the gate was bugged, or people were exploiting items better corrective measures would have been taken.

If gate is bugged, inform the players of the bug on both sides. Then, respawn the gate at the correct health, restore all items destroyed/broken while the gate was originally being taken down. Tell both sides to restart the siege.

If it was a matter of bugged items, then the corrective manner was to inform them of the bug, respawn the gate at correct health and let them destroy it using correct items.

If it was a matter of someone exploiting. You tell both sides, you ban the person, and you respawn the gate at correct health.

At no point do you respawn an invincible gate and tell the other side "it's fair."

This discussion has been closed.