Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess the Requirements

I'm going to take a random guess and say:

1.5 GB RAM

256 MB GPU

Pentium 4 2 GHz

for the minimum. Anyone want to take a guess?

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

Comments

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

They will be low compared to the others coming out, but i dont think bioware is generaly as good as blizzard etc in optimizing their games

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by StoogeMonkey
    ... but i dont think bioware is generaly as good as blizzard etc in optimizing their games

Could you elaborate on that? I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion?

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

3 GB ram i think

512 mb video card . 1gb recommended.

and 2ghz processor atleast .

This based on the youtube movies and gameplay they showed , its really a lot of motions when in combat .

A lot of SFX and glowies .

The Voiceover sounds take a lot of memory too .

• nemodain2010nemodain2010 Member UncommonPosts: 23

I would say 2 gig ram tops, and at least a 512 video card for minimum....

now for all the bells and whistle's....

thats another story.

Nemo

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

Actually, with the way the art style is, I hear the game will run on an abacus.  That is, as long as that abacus has a 30 gig hard drive.

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by Foomerang

... but i dont think bioware is generaly as good as blizzard etc in optimizing their games

its a lot of small factors that (imo) will add up to less polish. For example Bioware is used to coding for console and porting. Blizz had/has alot of experience being a PC exclusive company. Also, Bioware's networking ability is untested, all their games so far have been single player. Blizz had alot of experience with networking through battle.net etc.

Don't get me wrong, their product will be solid, they are obviously aiming for lowest system specs they can get with stylized graphics etc, but they don't have those tidbits of knowledge you need for PC/Online gaming due to lack of experience in the area.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

its a lot of small factors that (imo) will add up to less polish. For example Bioware is used to coding for console and porting. Blizz had/has alot of experience being a PC exclusive company. Also, Bioware's networking ability is untested, all their games so far have been single player. Blizz had alot of experience with networking through battle.net etc.

Don't get me wrong, their product will be solid, they are obviously aiming for lowest system specs they can get with stylized graphics etc, but they don't have those tidbits of knowledge you need for PC/Online gaming due to lack of experience in the area.

BioWare has created online multiplayer PC only games before.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

You forget that Bioware is trying their own version of WoW's "Lowest Common Denominator" approach. This means that the graphics are piss poor, if not childish, and contain the lowest amount of polygons possible while still maintaining some semblance of appeal to the "Lowest Common Denominator" of online players.

Imagine WoW, with a graphics upgrade (not saying much) but with Star Wars "Iconic" feel.

1.5gigs of ram, 2.0 ghz single core processor, 30gigs of HDD space, 256mb Video Card....this would be their "Recommended" settings.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186

stooge havn't you ever heard of baldurs gate and icewindale. or neverwinter nights 1 and 2. many with internet feature. Bioware has been RPG master for ages i dont think they will have any trouble getting it to succeed. blizzard never made mmo before WoW and had arenanet but there top of the market. so not sure how you get bioware is used to coding console games . sure they did KOTOR for xbox but thats years after PC RPG's.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

2.0  GB RAM

512 MB GPU

Pentium 4 2 GHz

...is my estimate.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Ah ok, so basically youre just talking out of your ass. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)
  • knapuknapu Member Posts: 131

Well i hope the lowest settings will  take little hardware somthing like  2/3gb ram 2 ghz singel core a graphic card from geforce 8000+ 512 mb  etz

But the high settings i hope will look awsome for those who will have a bit better PC´s.

What i really hope to se the abillity to turn off/on allmost every video effect in the settings so i could adjust the game for my self .

I dont have a good pc so things like shadows in game or weather are always turned of which gives me a bit more ioptions to get better graphich detail on other FX.

But my stonage pc needs to get crashed by a meteor anytime soon :)

P.S.

I hope the game will support muti cpu so when we play we actually would use all of our 2/4/6 cpus and not that only our 1st cpu will run like crazy and the rest do nothing this would also be a big oush in the perfomance.

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

You forget that Bioware is trying their own version of WoW's "Lowest Common Denominator" approach. This means that the graphics are piss poor, if not childish, and contain the lowest amount of polygons possible while still maintaining some semblance of appeal to the "Lowest Common Denominator" of online players.

Imagine WoW, with a graphics upgrade (not saying much) but with Star Wars "Iconic" feel.

1.5gigs of ram, 2.0 ghz single core processor, 30gigs of HDD space, 256mb Video Card....this would be their "Recommended" settings.

Now...I wouldn't call the graphics "Piss Poor" or "Childish"...but everything else you said just about hit the nail on the nose...or...something...

...what I'm saying is I agree with you.

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Yeah, I disagree with this. Bioware probably has as much experience with pc games if not more than Blizzard did before WoW. With the exception of Jade Empire, Sonic, and the Mass Effect series all their games were pc games first then ported to consoles, not the other way around. Their online element might be a little weak, but they still have experience with that as well. The Baldurs Gate series and Neverwinter Nights both had multiplayer elements.

To the guy that mentioned NWN 2, Bioware didn't develop that game, Obsidian Entertainment did. Nor did they develop Icewind Dale. Black Isle studios, a studio within Interplay, developed IWD using the Bioware graphics engine used for the Baldurs Gate series.

Edit: Your statement also ignores the fact that most of the people who are working on TOR were hired for their experience with mmo's. The original Bioware in Edmonton isn't even working on the project, or at least they aren't the primary talent involved.