Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aerrevan to be released this November!

CubeForceCubeForce Member Posts: 3

Hey everyone! I wanted to let you all know that Aerrevan is set to be released on November 25th! The November 25th release, known as the "Early Adopter" phase allows players to enter the world of Lurris for a great deal. The Early Adopter client is priced at $39.95 and includes two free months of game subscription! However, if you act right now and purchase the Aerrevan pre-order, you will receive one additional month of free game time as well as a bonus ingame item! Pre-order customers can also reserve up to two character names and pre-download the game client three days before Aerrevan goes live, allowing you to step right into the action.

Visit us today at http://www.aerrevan.com to pre-order Aerrevan!

Discover Aerrevan at www.aerrevan.com

Comments

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

SO open world PVP in htis game.

Link us some you tube pvp vids, lets see how it is to Darkfall:P

• The game is not like that, its a indie game, that probably won't appeal to the masses. What is attracting me is the community, the open character development(no classes afaik) and the possibilty for great rp and character interactions. I never got the test the beta because of some weird bug, but from what I gather the game seemed unpolished as it should be at closed beta stage. This release seems early, too early. That said the community and those interested in the game probably won't mind because they know its not going to be a graphic badass game and will tolerate it because of other aspects. 

BUT the appeal maybe a little bit out of their "comfort zone" and to people who haven't heard about the game could be devestating. People seeing a new mmorpg that is not very polished like many on the the current market will most likely flee.

What to do? Well most likely I'm pre ordering and here is why. First of all there is no mmorpg on the market(to my knowledge) that emphasis this much towards the community and rpinteractions. Also I do enjoy the indie companies, and while I did not get the try the closed beta, the developers was a joy to talk to, gave good feedback and talked to us.

It may be dumb in someones eyes, but I want to give them money too, I want this to succeed, so even though it may not be perfect in the start, it will after a while, and I'm willing to go pretty far to get this visiongame started!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Ordered it, as well.  Anxious to see how things pan out for the game.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• couldcarelescouldcareles Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Crispin

The game is not like that, its a indie game, that probably won't appeal to the masses. What is attracting me is the community, the open character development(no classes afaik) and the possibilty for great rp and character interactions. I never got the test the beta because of some weird bug, but from what I gather the game seemed unpolished as it should be at closed beta stage. This release seems early, too early. That said the community and those interested in the game probably won't mind because they know its not going to be a graphic badass game and will tolerate it because of other aspects. 

BUT the appeal maybe a little bit out of their "comfort zone" and to people who haven't heard about the game could be devestating. People seeing a new mmorpg that is not very polished like many on the the current market will most likely flee.

What to do? Well most likely I'm pre ordering and here is why. First of all there is no mmorpg on the market(to my knowledge) that emphasis this much towards the community and rpinteractions. Also I do enjoy the indie companies, and while I did not get the try the closed beta, the developers was a joy to talk to, gave good feedback and talked to us.

It may be dumb in someones eyes, but I want to give them money too, I want this to succeed, so even though it may not be perfect in the start, it will after a while, and I'm willing to go pretty far to get this visiongame started!

I was the same way until I played it. Then as you mentioned above I ran away. Look I can get passed "bad' parts of games.

I can say ok well its an indie game.  I can even get around bugs that  most people would consider to be a game breaker.  This game is a complete fail for me.  The graphics are an issue.  They are old yes but not only are they  old, they are ugly on top of it.   Most of  the skills fail.  Pathing is broken.  Most npcs don't talk.  The camera wigs out every now and then and its unrecoverable.  I just can't see myself playing it  ever again.  Really what it needs is a full re-write a new engine and people that not only have a good idea and vision but the money and education to pull off such a big game.

Sorry Just my opinion.  I really gave this game a shot btw.  Played it everytime the server was up and I was home from work.  Until My client broke.  No thanks I pass.

• Thats disheartening to read, I really wish I could have played the close beta because I generally have a rule to never buy another mmorpg if I haven't played the beta first. Usually I've only played one or two months before quitting and then its not worth it. But this game is kinda different because I want the concept to succeed so bad, and its not as expensive as the regular mmorpg. There is also the chance that I cannot play the game and that I have the same issue with the client as in the closed beta.

Buuuut I'll probably buy it anyway, just toooo anxious to check it out!

I'll come back later and tell you what I think of the game, and you can feel free to tell me told you so if you are right :P

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

I was pretty excited for this game and was thrilled when I got my beta invite.  However beta killed any interest I had in the game.  This mess is now where near release ready.  I'm guessing that they really need the money and releasing a pay-for-beta is the only way they can continue funding the game.

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

Well I just got the email.

Paid for Beta... I think not.

I myself was curious about this game until I read that. 3 months free or not, it's not a 'true' release right? From what I've heard the game is still buggy as heck. Yeeeah... I think I'll pass.

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• I never tried the game, but I thought the release was further away, but what do you mean by not a true release ?

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

"Early Adopter" phase

The Early Adopter client is priced at $39.95

It's not a real release. It wouldn't be wrong in the slightest to say "Paid beta"

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• AlisanosAlisanos Member Posts: 4

I played this game in Beta for a few weeks - gave it a shot but it was so badly bugged, I gave up in the end.

I doubt that this game could be anywhere near ready for distribution. It was for want of a better discription 'appaling' apart from the bad graphics, unworking quests, awful interaction with NPC's, the character creation left you with a bald human or orcish character with very few redeeming features.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I played beta a few weeks ago. And just a warning - $40 is a ridiculously high price for this game. It is in extremely poor shape. I am blown away that it is being released this soon.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Can't see calling this game "released" in any reasonable meaning to the word, looks like the Dev house is in desparate need of cash to keep going so those who chose to support it should realize what it is they are buying in to.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Like others have already said, this game is in no shape or form ready to be launched. At this point too many indie devs have started this release in aplha and wait a few years before the game is worth anything while charging people thing and I'm getting quite tired of it.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

I supported this game from day 1, but was never able to beta test, I love indies but lately they have been really bad, I like to give them money but 40 bucks for a game we have no idea what mess we will get in?

I already posted for them to give us a  trial it would help them with more subs, I never ask for them, but after what I seen and i,m so surprised after the mess of the beta, that the game is being released scares me, unless they tested alot on there own in the last month... and fixed like 100000 issues , then I would play it, but they need to do this and give a trial if they want people to buy it...

As I said I never ask this but they need to realize 2010 has been the worst yr for gaming and after seeing there beta , they will lose more subs, and gain more if they show us proof the game is better than we they say it is, Zetto said its alot better, I do hope so, if it is great I would buy it in a heart beat but proof it... Or they won't get my money, I own every P2P game on the market and yes I do lol... but this one will not be on my shelf if we do not see something..

Anyhow I do wish the DEVS good luck but I feel there making a mistake  by not showing us a open beta for a few or atleast a trial so we know we are not paying for a beta, like we did with all other indies.. Mo, MOSTLY.

Xyson  is 40 bucks with 2 months, the game is way better, Dawntide is free with a monthly fee and its a better game and state, They want 40 bucks also??? Sorry from what I seen, it should be like the some other new MMo's free and charge a monthly fee, or charge a one time fee no monthly.

craft of gods did this and went F2P and failed and they had a tiny community, I see this happening to thie game, its gonna have a tiny community. Not saying thats bad , but if its like COG was then thats to small,. I see 12 people on at relase, and last month I was on alone alot.. LOL..

I see this game not having more than 20 people at release , because of lack of notice, advertising is low, not even this forum said anything... Just here..

Anyhow this is my 2 cents..