Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online free 7 days

ariargentoariargento Member Posts: 15

I just recieved this email:

Mortal Online Newsletter November - Free days added for old customers!

A few weeks have passed now since the deployment of the "Epic patch", the biggest milestone so far in Mortal Online's development and the differences are staggering.

With this new core in place we are striding forward in the development at an even faster pace than before, constantly improving both the game world and the mechanics while at the same time working on new and exciting features.

However, due to a problem in one of the systems we experienced issues with the latest patches and some before that. Causing frustration on both the player's side as well as on our's. This mistake should not have happend and it should not have happend to take so long to find and eliminate it. We want to apologize to our fans and customers and at the same time want to ensure them that with this specific issue found and new patching-procedures in place we are looking forward to delivering the quality that you can expect.

Of course actions speak louder than words, so in order to reimburse our customers for the grief the latest patches might have caused we are adding 7 days of additional gametime to each active account today. And in order to give customers who are not subscribed at the moment the chance to check out the new engine build and the new content, we are adding 7 days to every customer who bought any of the game versions earlier and does not have an active subscription at the moment.

We know that some people out there are still "on the fence" when it comes to Mortal Online, so as a little incentive for both new customers and our loyal fan-base we are offering you a special deal for the next 7 days:

If you buy 1 month of game time you get an additional 5 days.

If you buy 3 months of game time you get an additional 20 days.

If you buy 6 months of game time you get an additional 50 days.

Look forward to more content and events! See you ingame.

The Mortal Online Team

Considering redownloading and installing the game again after leaving it 24 hours after buying it on the first week after release. With all the improvements and changes... is it worth it?

Comments

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/298106/GM-interferes-with-player-siege.html

This thread made me not want to play the game, even with a free trial.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

If you feel like trying it again, and it's free, there shouldn't be any harm in it.

They've consolidated all the patches they've done since launch into a few large ones, and improved the patch download process as well, so it will probably go a lot faster than it did for you the first time.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

"we are adding 7 days to every customer who bought any of the game versions earlier and does not have an active subscription at the moment."

What you want to bet it will auto renew?

I win!!! LOL@U

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by jezvin

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/298106/GM-interferes-with-player-siege.html

This thread made me not want to play the game, even with a free trial.

This. The new Lead GM is as crooked as ever.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

There's nothing free about it... you still have to pay. You just get a few bonus days.

You couldn't pay me to play this.

• justandulasjustandulas Member Posts: 165

It's only free 'seven days' if you subscribe and pay for the game to begin with. How very deceiving of a title. Please change the thread title to 7 days 'added', I have been curious about trying this game for some time but seeing the shitstorm this game has been swimming in the last few months without a free trial, many gamers like myself will never take the plunge. And then I see the threads about crooked gm's and how cheating is rampant and it basically makes me move on. What a shame, I have been keeping my eye on this game all year with hopes it would turn into something decent, what wasted potential.

Originally posted by justandulas

It's only free 'seven days' if you subscribe and pay for the game to begin with. How very deceiving of a title. Please change the thread title to 7 days 'added'

I have to agree, very misleading.

I win!!! LOL@U

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

Originally posted by ariargento

I just recieved this email:

Mortal Online Newsletter November - Free days added for old customers!

A few weeks have passed now since the deployment of the "Epic patch", the biggest milestone so far in Mortal Online's development and the differences are staggering.   (only thing different is the graphics)

With this new core in place we are striding forward in the development at an even faster pace than before, constantly improving both the game world and the mechanics while at the same time working on new and exciting features

The 2 last patches screwed the game up and we are still fixing it. 

However, due to a problem in one of the systems we experienced issues with the latest patches and some before that. Causing frustration on both the player's side as well as on our's. This mistake should not have happend and it should not have happend to take so long to find and eliminate it. We want to apologize to our fans and customers and at the same time want to ensure them that with this specific issue found and new patching-procedures in place we are looking forward to delivering the quality that you can expect.

Of course actions speak louder than words, so in order to reimburse our customers for the grief the latest patches might have caused we are adding 7 days of additional gametime to each active account today. And in order to give customers who are not subscribed at the moment the chance to check out the new engine build and the new content, we are adding 7 days to every customer who bought any of the game versions earlier and does not have an active subscription at the moment.

We know that some people out there are still "on the fence" when it comes to Mortal Online, so as a little incentive for both new customers and our loyal fan-base we are offering you a special deal for the next 7 days:

If you buy 1 month of game time you get an additional 5 days.

If you buy 3 months of game time you get an additional 20 days.

If you buy 6 months of game time you get an additional 50 days.

Look forward to more content and events! See you ingame.

The Mortal Online Team

Considering redownloading and installing the game again after leaving it 24 hours after buying it on the first week after release. With all the improvements and changes... is it worth it?

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Ok, so rumor has players with non active accounts also got an additional 7 days for free and can now play again. 

Can we get this confirmed please?

All my accounts are active so I can't test it myself.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Originally posted by username509

Ok, so rumor has players with non active accounts also got an additional 7 days for free and can now play again. 

Yes I was going to buy time today anyways, so I logged in then decided not to. Then like a half an hour later I decided to go back and noticed the flame for the second candle had gone out. Magically I had 7 days of time left in my account. I'm actually enjoying this game so far again. So confirmed, it gave everyone even non active accounts 7 free days. If you have purchased the game in the past.

Originally posted by Panther2103

Yes I was going to buy time today anyways, so I logged in then decided not to. Then like a half an hour later I decided to go back and noticed the flame for the second candle had gone out. Magically I had 7 days of time left in my account. I'm actually enjoying this game so far again. So confirmed, it gave everyone even non active accounts 7 free days. If you have purchased the game in the past.

Very cool.  Thanks for the confirmation, as the initial message did seem a little confusing.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

I can confirm as a previously active player that my account is now active until the 26th, with no recurring subscription and no need to resubscribe.

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

ummm how are we suppose to download the game?

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by Joker2240

http://www.mortalonline.com/download-game-client

If you previously subbed but your subscription expired it looks like you get a free 7 days here.  But you need to already had paid for the game once to receive the free 7 days.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

I hate SV...

Ya know...they don't have many subs...you'd think they'd want subs...if people were to try the game they may like it and actually sub...

...now...

There are people like me who would like to try the game but have heard so much negative shit about it that we don't want to risk wasting money on buying it...

WHY DON'T THEY JUST GIVE A TRIAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

...An actual trial...not just a few free days for buying the game...

Shit...it would only take me 3 days to figure out if I'd want to sub...

If they gave a 3 day trial I'd jump on it real quick...hell...they clould give a 24 hour trial and I'd go for it...

I know if I want a game after 2 hours of play...

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by Joker2240

http://www.mortalonline.com/download-game-client

If you previously subbed but your subscription expired it looks like you get a free 7 days here.  But you need to already had paid for the game once to receive the free 7 days.

Thanks! Yes, I paid for the game a while back when closed beta was going on but I let my sub die out! If this goes good I will reconsider!, though I am not having high expectations! 

Originally posted by rozenblade1

Because you likely wouldnt buy it after the trial. 

I win!!! LOL@U

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Because you likely wouldnt buy it after the trial. 

Hahaha...yes...that is what I have been told.

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

Because this offer is probably just for "on the fence" people who want to like Mortal Online and see it succeed - who have been thinking about coming back and following the game.

Even with whatever improvements the game might have, I highly doubt that it will appeal to most people who are looking for a finished product with an established community (i.e., this game is still not ready for the general public to see).

Regardless of how bad of shape the game is in, with a free trial, the only result is some subs will come. Many of us want to try this game but won't invest in it without actually trying it for ourselves. SV is only hurting themselves here, they are struggling to retain subs and and get new people in the game, free trial would send an overflow of curious bystanders into their MMO, and even if only 10% of them stay, that is still an increase in the subs and the money. No free trial for a game that is struggling to stay afloat is simply mind boggling.

Regardless of how bad of shape the game is in, with a free trial, the only result is some subs will come. Many of us want to try this game but won't invest in it without actually trying it for ourselves. SV is only hurting themselves here, they are struggling to retain subs and and get new people in the game, free trial would send an overflow of curious bystanders into their MMO, and even if only 10% of them stay, that is still an increase in the subs and the money. No free trial for a game that is struggling to stay afloat is simply mind boggling.

They are supposed to have a free trial at some point, and I do see what you're saying.

One other thing to keep in mind, though, is that unrestricted free trials could have some negative consequences in a FFA, full-loot PvP virtual world game.  They are going to have to do it correctly if they want to minimize potential disruption to the world.  I've heard people suggest buddy keys from existing players, which might be a way to control it.

Originally posted by Rohn

They are supposed to have a free trial at some point, and I do see what you're saying.

One other thing to keep in mind, though, is that unrestricted free trials could have some negative consequences in a FFA, full-loot PvP virtual world game.  They are going to have to do it correctly if they want to minimize potential disruption to the world.  I've heard people suggest buddy keys from existing players, which might be a way to control it.

They are only hurting themselves by not offering some kind of free trial. I'm not asking the game go F2P or have unlimited restrictions.. just kinda a welcome mat like "Hey here's 3 free days enjoy yourself and if you like it, sub". This would drastically increase their revenue and player base and has no real negative outcomee if done correctly.

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by Rohn

...unrestricted free trials could have some negative consequences in a FFA, full-loot PvP virtual world game.  They are going to have to do it correctly if they want to minimize potential disruption to the world.

This is the part that would be difficult. It seems like their hands are quite full at the moment.

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

I got in yesterday to use my 7 free days.  And there was fucking no one on during NA primetime.  I think SV should code in some bots.

• breaker09breaker09 Member Posts: 7
    Decided to try MO again after being away for 3 months, and I see the installer/patcher is still as crappy and slow as ever. I wonder if it'll finish before my free week is over... :/