Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The latest good MMORPG Played?

What is the latest MMORPG that you have played and is worth playing? Looking for a good MMO to play.

Comments

• adiktusadiktus Member Posts: 128

I've tried CardMon Hero during its CBT. I enjoyed it because of the summoning feature. Although it's last day today for CBT. So you might need to wait for its OBT.

• LorkLork Member Posts: 338

Everquest.

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

Ryzom. I got the 6 month package I liked it so much. Not for everyone though.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

The last fantasy mmorpg i had a lot of fun was World of Warcraft until the first expansion was released, did quit a while after this. The last action mmo i played is Battleground Europe (WW2online) and since its f2p with their no credit card trial i really enjoy it currently since none of the other mmos area  interesting for me currently.

The other mmos i tried or beta tested in the last years were either really bad asian f2p grinders  or blockbuster mmos who just died after a while or failed i.e. Vanguard, Warhammer, Tabula Rasa, Dark and Light, SWG, EVE-online, Shadowbane, Planetside ...whatever

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

Last I played was Vanguard. Nothing else appeals right now.

Definitely worth playing if you can lure a friend or two with you. If not then not so much

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

*puts on his 'cool points' hat*

All MMO"s suck, and nothing out there is good enough for my esteemed MMORPG tastes.

*takes hat off*

Still playing WoW.  Having a blast with the current world events happening.

If you are still not sick with the fantasy genre, I would suggest you try LotRO (Lord of the Rings Online). They have a f2p offer, of course the game isnt 100% like all f2p games..but this one has a much better quality than the general f2p games since it was with monthly payment. I did only beta test the game, didnt play it for longer since there was no really great pvp at that time...no idea how they gameplay is nowadays.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Vanguard and LotRO but have not played since it went F2P  so I am not too sure about how the community is now.

Chamber of Chains
  • astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Warhammer

Though I could probably write a less than positive review of the game as a whole (typical crappy AI, subpar graphics), I have been playing a ton of WAR lately. If you like massive PvP with little downtime it is rocking.

Darkfall is also worth mentioning. In many objective ways, I think it is one of the best games out. Problem is I can wander around for 10 minutes for every PvP encounter, 10 more minutes if I win, 20 minutes if loose to go get reequipped. It just gets old fast and I'm sick of grinding skills in PvE, even if the AI is pretty good, much variety is not really efficient cause you need certain regs, blah blah.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

Vanguard, mmmh i did quit the game only short time after release. It was so buggy and unfinished, after a while it just died. How is it these days ? So many mmos with quiete good concepts just died, since they pushed the release way to early...so many fails lol. 

Btw did someone play Dark & Light, that was a cool open beta but later on such a ripp off rofl...fail.

I think only some years ago was the top time for mmos, things changed and its harder now to choose a good one - especially a unique one.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Everquest, but is not worth to play anymore.

I think that C9 will have an english version soon and its a blast to play, very very fun game but not a MMO imo, so if you want to play something now maybe Aion is what are you looking for, it is just an average MMO tho.

To be honest MMO market is a bit sad nowdays, you just can pick between bad or worse.

Thats why i did look back for the older games and stopped at Battleground Europe and the unique gameplay, there are really not any new ideas for new mmos. 

*same genre (99% fantasy)

*same level system

*similar landscap

*same spells and classes (mage, warrior, archer)

*same economic system (Auction House, no community based economy which would be interesting)

* dungeons with same concepts (kill this and that and after a while the endboss)

* lack of really exciting world pvp or just an mmo which is based on it..that would be so fun if a game and refreshing to see a game like Planetside or Battleground Europe, just with a big area for pvp where you can conquer cities or territories. Not just boring battleground scenario or just PKing for nothing.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    I'm playing Lotro now. Been enjoying it for close to two months now and every day i'm motivated to log in and progress my story. Other notable mentions would be EVE online, Saga of Ryzom, DDO & Guild Wars.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• sorrysoldoutsorrysoldout Member Posts: 14

yea. talk about originality. Nothing's original anymore :o

you're a has been that never was