Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question

When Lotro Originally Released How much was the Original client in NA money?

Same goes for MoM and Mirk, how much for each when first released?

My wifes giving me a bit of good old wife aggro over buying lotro content up front.

If i could show her how much you guys originally paid for that content it would help a bit lol.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
Waiting on: GW2, BP

Comments

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

Sorry can't help you out, cost me 9 bucks to buy Moria which included the original game.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90

SoM :$30

Moria i dont know

SoA i think it was $50 at the first release

now you find SoA and Moria boxes for like $5-10

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

I think you can assume around 100$ total and not be too far off. But the real kicker is the subscription costs you are going to safe. Just point out how its potentially hundreds of dollars over a few years.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Thanks I got it.

Original client was $50, MoM was $30 and Mirk $20. 100 bones is in line with what I paid to buy everything up front. If that doesn't shut her up the new Alienware MX11 laptop I ordered her for Xmas certainly will lol. You know the deal... Wanna shut the wife up? Buy her something lol.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Moria was $40 originally in stores, as was SoA, I think (I only paid $20 for SoA a year after the game launched, but payed the full price of $40 for Moria)

Mirkwood was $20 and only from Turbine, I think maybe a digital download store might also have sold it, but $20 was the list price.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Thanks I got it. Original client was $50, MoM was $30 and Mirk $20. 100 bones is in line with what I paid to buy everything up front. If that doesn't shut her up the new Alienware MX11 laptop I ordered her for Xmas certainly will lol. You know the deal... Wanna shut the wife up? Buy her something lol.

lol. If i ever bought any of my ex's an alienware laptop it would be like Homer Simpson buying Marge a bowling ball :)