Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will SV run out of......

maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

When will SV run out of excuses for breaking patches?  I am glad at least that he kind of took some blame for this patch.  But everytime a ptach breaks they say they know why and it will not happen again.  That has been said multiple times!!!  Please someone come out with a game similar to MO...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55729-small-update-2010-11-18-a.html

Comments

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Not trying to defend them, but i,m in the gaming design end, and stuff like this happens, and with SV being there first game, this will happen more, with them making excuses.

Would you rather say HEY, its gonna happen 1200 times more... I mean cmon, there bascially saying that because at that time, it should'nt, but shit happens... The big companies do it to... If they did this after 1-2 yrs then I could understand where your coming from, but give them a  break or take a break from the game or move on..

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by maharet

When will SV run out of excuses for breaking patches?  I am glad at least that he kind of took some blame for this patch.  But everytime a ptach breaks they say they know why and it will not happen again.  That has been said multiple times!!!  Please someone come out with a game similar to MO...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55729-small-update-2010-11-18-a.html

YMMV. For some people they have run out of excuses, for others any number of excuses is OK as long as they offer something different from the standard MMO. 

Arguably, there are/have been games similar to MO, but obviously they had other factors/flaws that cause you to be here complaining on forums instead of playing them.

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

Actually no I have never played an MMO that almost every patch that rolls out makes the game unplayable for me.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Forget the blame game... Why is it still OK for SV to release game breaking patches, time after time?   Saying "sorry or we are on it" doesn't mean much.  Beta was 5 months ago

If I  repeatedly kick you in the nutts, but offer an ice-pack afterwards, does that make me a nice guy? No...and stop thanking me for the ice. image

Its gotten to the point where its considered an "accomplishment" for SV to address one of their self induced bugs. Its crazy

I win!!! LOL@U

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Not trying to defend them, but i,m in the gaming design end, and stuff like this happens, and with SV being there first game, this will happen more, with them making excuses.

Would you rather say HEY, its gonna happen 1200 times more... I mean cmon, there bascially saying that because at that time, it should'nt, but shit happens... The big companies do it to... If they did this after 1-2 yrs then I could understand where your coming from, but give them a  break or take a break from the game or move on..

Stuff like launching an MMO with a fan made patcher happens?

This game is basically some rich kids toy so he could pretend to be an MMO designer.  

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by gotha

This game is basically some rich kids toy so he could pretend to be an MMO designer.  

Sad, but so true.

I win!!! LOL@U

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Please do not create duplicate threads. You may continue the discussion here: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/297718/NEW-PATCH.html

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.