Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW PATCH!!!!!

2»

Comments

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

Originally posted by Rohn

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

SV has given an update on the fix for this patch, along with an explanation, which can be found here:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55729-small-update-2010-11-18-a.html#post1057326

Wow.. fingerpointing at Epic again.  Who would ever have guessed?

At least he posted though.. so that's certainly progress.  I was wondering where Maerlyn the CM has been since he hadn't posted any updates on the issue or been heard from in a week on the forums.

Or, it could be that's the explanation for how the files were corrupted.

In his responses later in the thread, blame seems to be accepted by SV:

"A few comments though..

- Was the extractor bug not present for everyone? if so, is the crafter population so low that all crafters combined could be considered a small minority?

Actually this one was corrupt server side so all extractors was affected here, sadly. It is fixed and verifyed now (testing team) It was not corrupt on the test server with the exaclty same file setup. Making it tough for our testers to find out. They are actually doing a damn good job, they also get a bit frustrated to hear, "why not start a test server SV?" when we really do have dedicated testers that spend lots of time into testing it all. But not even you would have pervented those corrupt files on a public test server. A huge and sad misstake on our end yes, we will improve.

- Do you consider large sections of the world to be utterly devoid of mobs of any variety to only effect a small minority. You may say that people could simply walk to an area where there were mobs but that would be overlooking restrictions due to required mob types (due to needing the loot) or political restrictions (spawns were largely missing in the southern regions, due to the whole north vs south guild wars many people were essentially prevented from PvE in the south)

Since a large optimization on navmesh data some settings for some spawner got messed up, that was a misstake on our end and we really didnt notice all these areas untill it was to late. This is a simple fix we will deal with asap."

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55729-small-update-2010-11-18-a.html#post1057352

It's never as simplistic as some try to make it appear.

[Mod Edit]

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

SV has given an update on the fix for this patch, along with an explanation, which can be found here:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55729-small-update-2010-11-18-a.html#post1057326

"Thank you for the patience, however I understand if you dont have any patience left and need a break from the game cause of our previous bugs we have been struggeling with."

Guess Henrik really isn't that out of touch.

I win!!! LOL@U

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Originally posted by HanoverZ

"Thank you for the patience, however I understand if you dont have any patience left and need a break from the game cause of our previous bugs we have been struggeling with."

Guess Henrik really isn't that out of touch.

I'd say even he is frustrated at this point. Who wouldn't be? It's been an epic struggle after struggle. Not to mention they have to go through a third party just to receive their patches!

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!