Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it now?

kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Is it still a botter paradise or has NCSoft actually started to do something?

I remember hearing horror stories of not being able to find a spawn that wasn't overrun by dozen or so bots when the game released

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I bought the game and started 3 weeks ago. I'm only level 16, and play daily a couple of hours. I've been spammed a total of 3 times only.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

Originally posted by kishe

Is it still a botter paradise or has NCSoft actually started to do something?

I remember hearing horror stories of not being able to find a spawn that wasn't overrun by dozen or so bots when the game released

I resubbed to have a look last month and have to say it's improved. I have not seen a grind-bot, which were everywhere last time I played.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Yea bots have al;most ceased to exist..there is the goldsellers every couple of days but no bots. With increased loot, xp and kinah its easy to see why. You can make a mil so easy now its not funny.

• ukdopeukukdopeuk Member Posts: 22

Only seen one bot on server i play on in last couple of months some the reason's why?

decreasing number of players who buy kinah ,repeat offenders they do it in everygame they play untill they get caught.

rtm cash shop.

not alot things to buy on broker.

quest rewards / event rewards = enchantments manastones etc.

less people making item's.

i think the gold sellers have been trying to mainly target people who keep trying to do miragent or fenris because its expensive and good gear for both pve and pvp when enchanted.

this week though with the increased drop of items will probably flood the market with more items ,becoming cheaper for all which is great to get the playerbase on more equal terms with each other .

it is needed because majority of servers are uneven in terms of access to better gear though instances and hopefully will effect a major part of the game that is pvp.

it is like reseting the server/players but not drastically as that .lots of people have had fun over powering others with lucky drops and enchanted gear etc.

for new/old players thinking of joining i would wait a while to see how this patch changes things

• StikatoStikato Member Posts: 55

I've been back in Aion for about 2.5 months...I've gotten around 5-6 gold seller /tells and seen a few messages spammed in the LFG channel. Have not seen a single bot, which is a relief--they were everywhere at release.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Goldsellers stopped being a major problem after half a year.

Then you had less and less people playing because of the grind, so less customers.

When I left after the second round of merges, bots were no problem at all as hardly anyone still playing was buying money after the merges.

I probably wouldn't come back though unless they release new classes. The ones they have I got tired with after awhile.

Kind of weird because it's been over two years released in Korea and they don't even say anything about new classes, so I don't think there will be anymore.

It seems anyone looking for new types of classes would find them in Tera since the two games look so much alike in many ways.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Last december they did a mass bot banning of over 70,000 acounts.  They continued that and it basically elminated the bot problem.  The game has been mostly bot free for almost a year now.  Players still sometimes setup bots but they also have methods of detecting bots now that werent in place the first few months the game was out.