Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rage over the new patch

maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

If you can read the member section there are multiple rage posts about the new patch breaking the game.  I would get over their while you can.  They are being deleted as I type.

Comments

• jimbo775jimbo775 Member Posts: 30

There has been raging in MO forums since Block A.

There is always a new idiot willing to subscribe to this game based on what SV promises, plus the no-life die-hard fanboys that complain but can't go away from the game.

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

There's rage about this game on a daily basis. The community of people it attracts plus the developers that run it mix together into some kind of milkshake of pure, unbridled rage.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Originally posted by Benthon

"...mix together into some kind of milkshake of pure, unbridled rage."

lol

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

I just checked the forums.. I don't see any rage posts at all... can you link?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

Told you to check fast there was 5 different topics.  The OP was well worded then people added some rage and then delete!!

Only one left is

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55709-one-character-broken-one-crashes-game-log.html

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

they get deleted immediately. actually most post on MO forums are immediately deleted these days. unless you are singing SV praises your post will be deleted. very sad.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Sometimes I wonder what keeps this game moving.. The fact this has survived longer than APB which is arguably better in every way just blows my mind.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Yea that's part of Henrik's "viral marketing", as stated in the last Starvault quarterly report.

Unacceptable...

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Sometimes I wonder what keeps this game moving.. The fact this has survived longer than APB which is arguably better in every way just blows my mind.

One word: Daddy.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

they get deleted immediately. actually most post on MO forums are immediately deleted these days. unless you are singing SV praises your post will be deleted. very sad.

If I were a customer... and the company I was paying DELETED my posts I would:

A) Immediately cancel my sub

B) Visit every non-company owned site I could find to publicize whatever the issue was that they felt they had to censor.

Now, I am not expecting them to allow me to post curse filled rants directed at the staff, but I was looking for the thread which was linked here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/297867/Players-Getting-fed-up.html

Here is the OP:

Send a message via Skype™ to Tenchuu

default When can we expect proper patches?

Every once in a MO-time, one is allowed to make an extra complaining-thread like this, and this is mine:

In the last chat-session with you guys I asked a simple question:

The last few patches introduced more bugs than fixes. Can we expect a proper quality enhancement in the future?

No answer, but the answer came:

The day after:

- Swords were removed instead of boomsticks, rollback, fixed

The second day after:

- All mobs were removed

The new patch:

- Skillpoints are messed up, Attripute points are missing

- Extracting doesn't work

- Most mobs are gone

- Archery went down the shitter which overpowers melee even more

- Ironwool is messed up

- Arena is bugged

I don't even know about all the flaws in the new patch but since I have started playing, pre-epic patch, all I have seen from you are patches that introduce more fuckups/bugs than fixes.

That hasn't got anything to do with devteam size, that's pure incompetence or you just don't give a shit. Maybe both.

Every time you touch the game recently I don't ask what's fixed, I ask: what did they mess up this time?

And that's not meant as a joke, it's a serious question.

This is funny for some time, but the patch you introduced yesterday makes me want to quit the game because I can't play it:

- How am I supposed to use my archer if he's superslow and mobs are gone anyway

- How am I supposed to use my Slaghauler when I can't extract

You should seriously take your time and analyse the current situation in the game, and then change something.

You can't balance the game by doing it for one class at a time. All it takes to see that it's messed up is:

- Run a duel Melee vs. Archer

Then you see how messed up it is. Especially with the 2s synch delay we face every day.

I didn't watch the NGF but were there any "overpowered" archers there, or even archers that won against Melee? I don't think so.

Besides:

Before you roll out a patch: Log in AT LEAST ONCE and test a few things. Every time I log in I see that things obviously don't work properly.

Bottom line:

I know that the game is unfinished and all, I can live with that. But stop messing it up even more.

The quality is fucked up beyond belief.

Tenchuu Khan|Jinchuu Khan|Hitomi Desu

Tenchuu is offline Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

That post... AND the whole thread.. seem to have vanished.   If I were the OP I would have instantly cancelled. He's obviously a longtime fan (March 09 join date) and still a subscriber. How do they answer his complaint?  They delete it...

I mean.. there hasn't even been a post from the Community Manager in a week?!?! 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

QFT!

The devs at SV should stop fucking up their game with patches and "updates" and work themselves up a nice cash shop so they can make this game what it should have been from the start...f2p. It's atrocious and shameful to think that they are charging a monthly fee for this farce of a game.

APB kind of sucked in certain ways but it WAS 1000x better than this pos.

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

If I were a customer... and the company I was paying DELETED my posts I would:

A) Immediately cancel my sub

B) Visit every non-company owned site I could find to publicize whatever the issue was that they felt they had to censor.

Now, I am not expecting them to allow me to post curse filled rants directed at the staff, but I was looking for the thread which was linked here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/297867/Players-Getting-fed-up.html

Here is the OP:

Send a message via Skype™ to Tenchuu

default When can we expect proper patches?

Every once in a MO-time, one is allowed to make an extra complaining-thread like this, and this is mine:

In the last chat-session with you guys I asked a simple question:

The last few patches introduced more bugs than fixes. Can we expect a proper quality enhancement in the future?

No answer, but the answer came:

The day after:

- Swords were removed instead of boomsticks, rollback, fixed

The second day after:

- All mobs were removed

The new patch:

- Skillpoints are messed up, Attripute points are missing

- Extracting doesn't work

- Most mobs are gone

- Archery went down the shitter which overpowers melee even more

- Ironwool is messed up

- Arena is bugged

I don't even know about all the flaws in the new patch but since I have started playing, pre-epic patch, all I have seen from you are patches that introduce more fuckups/bugs than fixes.

That hasn't got anything to do with devteam size, that's pure incompetence or you just don't give a shit. Maybe both.

Every time you touch the game recently I don't ask what's fixed, I ask: what did they mess up this time?

And that's not meant as a joke, it's a serious question.

This is funny for some time, but the patch you introduced yesterday makes me want to quit the game because I can't play it:

- How am I supposed to use my archer if he's superslow and mobs are gone anyway

- How am I supposed to use my Slaghauler when I can't extract

You should seriously take your time and analyse the current situation in the game, and then change something.

You can't balance the game by doing it for one class at a time. All it takes to see that it's messed up is:

- Run a duel Melee vs. Archer

Then you see how messed up it is. Especially with the 2s synch delay we face every day.

I didn't watch the NGF but were there any "overpowered" archers there, or even archers that won against Melee? I don't think so.

Besides:

Before you roll out a patch: Log in AT LEAST ONCE and test a few things. Every time I log in I see that things obviously don't work properly.

Bottom line:

I know that the game is unfinished and all, I can live with that. But stop messing it up even more.

The quality is fucked up beyond belief.

Tenchuu Khan|Jinchuu Khan|Hitomi Desu

Tenchuu is offline Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

That post... AND the whole thread.. seem to have vanished.   If I were the OP I would have instantly cancelled. He's obviously a longtime fan (March 09 join date) and still a subscriber. How do they answer his complaint?  They delete it...

I mean.. there hasn't even been a post from the Community Manager in a week?!?! 

Actually Maerlyn was in IRC last night for abour 5 mins.  Most of the 5 mins he got raged on so he stoped talking..

There was a thread recently that messed with the MO Wikipedia page. Let's just say that SV tried to bully Wikipedia by censoring information. SV got their ass handed to them. Ultimately, the information was wrong and biased, but that was my intervention by talking to one of the Wikipedia Page Moderators and not SV's demand that it was vandalism.

There was a thread recently that messed with the MO Wikipedia page. Let's just say that SV tried to bully Wikipedia by censoring information. SV got their ass handed to them. Ultimately, the information was wrong and biased, but that was my intervention by talking to one of the Wikipedia Page Moderators and not SV's demand that it was vandalism.

As far as I'm concerned, MO is about as obscure as Shadowbane these days. I doubt a few bad press on Wikipedia will hurt this game. No, I'm afraid the only real bad guys here are the creators, who can't seem to just release one patch. Big ambitions, small experience. That's what it boils down to.

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

As far as I'm concerned, MO is about as obscure as Shadowbane these days. I doubt a few bad press on Wikipedia will hurt this game. No, I'm afraid the only real bad guys here are the creators, who can't seem to just release one patch. Big ambitions, small experience. That's what it boils down to.

I just find it funny how they think that

1. They can successfully censor bad press in their game

2. By censoring, they won't recieve worse press.

3. They can bully/delete whoever they want so bad press is not recieved

4. Any bad press is "vandalism"

Yea, I heard this patch actually broke more than it fixed. Not an expression.

Well, that's true. SV seems to be swatting at flies here, and we all know that flies are attracted to crap. Can't say I'm surprised. SV is a small indie company, and mouth breathers gather 'round then echoing their praise like some choir group.

I mean, look at Minecraft. The game is great, don't get me wrong.. Sold over 500,000 copies and the game is sitll in Alpha, but despite that, a lot of promises made by the creator aren't fulfilled and all he can say is "I've been busy. Being an indie developer is hard.".

Well, you're being paid to do a job. I don't care if it's one guy or 5000 guys. You do the job you're paid to do, or quit. I don't see why people need to defend Indie developers.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the Kitchen. That's just how it is. Sorry to all you Indie developers out there trying to make a buck. Quality over quanity. Keep that in mind. If all you care about is how much money you will make, then you're making the Indie market that much worse.

Considering some of the IRC chats I've read which include the developers, you'd think they learned English from a Bruce Lee movie. That doesn't help, either.

imageimageimage
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Same topic  threads will always get deleted standard rules used on many forums.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Well, that's true. SV seems to be swatting at flies here, and we all know that flies are attracted to crap. Can't say I'm surprised. SV is a small indie company, and mouth breathers gather 'round then echoing their praise like some choir group.

I mean, look at Minecraft. The game is great, don't get me wrong.. Sold over 500,000 copies and the game is sitll in Alpha, but despite that, a lot of promises made by the creator aren't fulfilled and all he can say is "I've been busy. Being an indie developer is hard.".

Well, you're being paid to do a job. I don't care if it's one guy or 5000 guys. You do the job you're paid to do, or quit. I don't see why people need to defend Indie developers.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the Kitchen. That's just how it is. Sorry to all you Indie developers out there trying to make a buck. Quality over quanity. Keep that in mind. If all you care about is how much money you will make, then you're making the Indie market that much worse.

Considering some of the IRC chats I've read which include the developers, you'd think they learned English from a Bruce Lee movie. That doesn't help, either.

As far as Minecraft is concerned, I've seen more development from a single developer than from all the Mortal Online developers combined. Maybe it's because everytime they patch, they go backwards. Atleast Minecraft is loads of fun, despite the slower pace; I imagine playing a sh!tty game and having empty promises make playing Mortal Online require a very, very rosey set of glasses, or anti-depressants.

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic. You may continue the discussion here:http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/297718/NEW-PATCH.html

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.