Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something like UO but F2P

ricma985ricma985 Member Posts: 84

Is there anything similar (gameplay/graphics)? I found illarion but it just won't work on win7... :(

Comments

• jubbincakejubbincake Member Posts: 134

I'm looking for a similar  game, want to play UO 14 day trial with me? 

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

I really hate to admit it but the closest ftp thing you will find is Runescape.

There is another game that offers a 14 day trial called Xenimus. It's actually quite a gem, make sure you don't play the 3d version though.

Make it so...

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by jubbincake

what are the graphics like, and is it still playable - ie a sizable community?

Currently bored with MMO's.

• MrPotpotMrPotpot Member Posts: 11

is it good? and what happen after 14 days?

• ricma985ricma985 Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by jubbincake

I've used trial :(

OK I'll just keep searching :)

• loktibradaloktibrada Member Posts: 3

I'm actually on a search for something UO like myself. Or diablo/roguelike... main importance is the emphasis on random generated loot with random attributes.. preferably also in crafting.. plus a healthy economy. (which normally is not a problem, if there already is random loot.)

Anyway. You don't need to play on OSI to enjoy UO. I have played on OSI for a quite some time and also on UOGamers:Demise freeshard. And I can assure you, while it is not possible to stay perfectly up to date with the most current OSI updates... it is very up to date. And includes all of the important post-renaissance things. UOG has a healthy playerbase and is the best freeshard alternative to OSI.

You can get the official client from EA themselves. http://www.uo.com/uoml/downloads.shtml

And here's UOG: http://www.uodemise.com/join_us/

If anyone feels offended or anything, this isn't exactly illegal.. otherwise OSI/EA would not be allowing such a steady freeshard like UOG for such a long time, or even provide the client for free. so... they perfectly tolerate it.

If anyone has another suggestion when it comes to a solid (f2p) MMORPG with random loot, long-time and healthy economy. feel free to respond.

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

We're all in the same boat. Got my eye on Linkrealms, Faxion Online, Xyson possibly. Closest things you'll get and I think Faxion is being developed by actual previous UO players and/or coders.