Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many are returning to FFXI?

DiamedesDiamedes Member Posts: 70
I know I personally delayed coming back because FF14 was coming out but after the flaming pile of a game that is FF14 it made me want to come back to 11 and it's really fun again. Anyone else coming back or just done with FF for good?

Comments

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I thought about coming back but I feel sort of behind now that they raised the level cap. I don't know what job I would take up first either. I'll ask the audience right now I have nin, drk, bst, thf, all 75 and sam is somewhere around 69-71. Which of those jobs would you bother with first? Or would you just level a whole new job to be more viable in the new endgame?

• DiamedesDiamedes Member Posts: 70
    Well I don't even have a 75 yet and from what everyone says, getting from 75-85 takes like 1 or 2 good parties in the new areas, I guess it's insane exp so I wouldn't worry about that.
  • RyonoxRyonox Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I just started playing again the last few nights, unfortunately i got xferred to bismarck which seems to have like 95% JP population, 1600 during NA prime, 2400+ JP prime. Im bringing 2 friends with me into FFXI and am trying to find a decently populated NA/EU server. If you guys have any suggestions let me know! :D
  • KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

Take what I have to say with a grain of salt since my highest job is RDM 64

Everyone I know *loves* SAM.

Also, though I haven't done one, SMN Astral burn pts in Korroloka tunnel I've been told *can* do up to 40k / hr xp. You supposedly need a couple of Corsair as they can "re-start" the SMN's 2hr ??

Dunno bout the new areas since I haven't bought any of the newer expansions.  I won't make it through the content I already own. I'll probably never even start COP for example.  lol

@Ryonox

I'm on Alexander and though I dunno the exact pop I don't really have trouble getting pt in the dunes, Bhafflow Thickets, Quifum etc.  I get a few /tell even when anon.

Cheers  :D

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

I am :] friends are dragging me back haha ;]

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

I'm thinking about it, but right now I'd take a really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really kind, friendly, and supportive Linkshell to convience me to play again. I'm not going back alone!

• HostileHavokHostileHavok Member Posts: 21

We would love to have you on the Ifrit server we are a newer linkshell with 8 members and 4 more on the way....we are accepting all members for missions, Quests, Leveling, and whatever. If intested or need more info please let me know

Okay everyone I am posting this to see if we can't get members back into swing of leveling and being part of something new and fresh. This is what one would call a social linkshell and its for ppl that can't find someone to level with anymore or help with missions or need advice.

The population is dying because no one wants to do any of this anymore which is what make FF the only and best MMO that I have played. Players like are still out there trust me I found 4 in one night.

So I am asking all New players and Returning players to Join us to make on of the best linkshells around and help get everybody active back in the game to make it like the old days.

What we will do in this linkshell:

- Party Level (All Level Ranges)

- Campaign Missions

- AF Missions

- Main Quest Missions (For all Cities)

- Job Missions

- BCNM

- COP Quest

- Wings Quest

- Anything that people need help with inside the shell.

Who is welcome in the linkshell:

- Anyone that reads this and thinks its a good idea.

- New Players

- Current or Returning Players

If interested please contact me in a </Tell> via the Ifrit server or email.

Player Name: Aidin

Email: [email protected]

Ifrit Server
    Aidin
    Linkshell - Carnage

• RobzigRobzig Member Posts: 19

I'm curious if existing FFXI players are seeing the FFXIV players returning still. 

• HostileHavokHostileHavok Member Posts: 21

Hey we have a linkshell named Carnage that is for new players and returning players. We would love to have you over on Ifrit to join us and have no problem helping new players. We currently are in beta test for a website which you can check out also and its ffxicarnage.enjin.com.

Player name: Aidin or Havokx

Ifrit Server
    Aidin
    Linkshell - Carnage

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I MAY come back next month. Won't be doing it now, because of their shitty billing system, 'cause I don't wanna pay for a full month, and then next month as well on the 6th or so of November. 

• CaptaiSpiffCaptaiSpiff Member Posts: 15

I am in the same boat.  I tried FFXIV, but because of there P.O.S. billing, I quit rather quickly.  Having tried WoW and found it not to be my cup of tea, I will be returning to FFXI soon.  I was going to ask what the servers are like now and how the player base is?  Any linkshells doing some pre-returning character recruiting?  Saw the linkshell on Ifrit, that might be my destination.  I would be starting a brand new character, no gil, no items, no levels, so a group of helpful people would be nice to get going with.

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by CaptaiSpiff

I am in the same boat.  I tried FFXIV, but because of there P.O.S. billing, I quit rather quickly.  Having tried WoW and found it not to be my cup of tea, I will be returning to FFXI soon.  I was going to ask what the servers are like now and how the player base is?  Any linkshells doing some pre-returning character recruiting?  Saw the linkshell on Ifrit, that might be my destination.  I would be starting a brand new character, no gil, no items, no levels, so a group of helpful people would be nice to get going with.

Yo, I just bought game today. We should definately go through it together as I heard it is a pain to level up by ones self. I will be joining that Ifrit linkshell too. 

• CaptaiSpiffCaptaiSpiff Member Posts: 15

Sure thing, I actually already own it from when Steam sold it for like 7 bucks.  Installing it tonight and hope to get it downloaded.  Shoot me your name when I get on ill send you a message.

• RobzigRobzig Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by MertzaSkertz

Originally posted by CaptaiSpiff

Yo, I just bought game today. We should definately go through it together as I heard it is a pain to level up by ones self. I will be joining that Ifrit linkshell too. 

I'll be signing up and hitting Ifrit server pretty soon as a new player too., and intend on hitting up the Carnage Linkshell.

• VenthracVenthrac Member Posts: 23

*Raises hand* Just re-upped, but I didn't buy FFXIV. I tried it in beta and it wasn't for me, at least not yet. I feel like I want to give it a few years first, as I did with FFXI.

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Im taking a break from ffxi. Ive played on and off for about 5 years and its gets really redundant. Ive moved to lotro and DDO and having the time of my life. So much relaxing the music is so soothing not annoying like the San D Oria music theme.  I wish  11 would add some life to this game .

Edgar F Greenwood

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I'll consider it from time to time. FFXI is the longest single MMO I've played (about 7 years on and off, starting with its NA PC launch) and I have some amazing memories of that game.

However, with the increase in level cap which, to me, wasn't necessary (they'd done plenty with the 75 cap by expanding the game laterally), and the *blatant* grind (even by FFXI standards) that is Abyssea... I kinda feel like SE's jumped the shark with FFXI.

After all the carefully thought out content, storylines, missions and various activities they've implemented into that game over the years, Abyssea just feels like content thrown in to give players some more to grind on for a while longer.

I'd like to *think* that maybe the people going back to XI after their disappointment with XIV - or perhaps those who decided to try XI after really learning about it in the midst of all the XIV coverage (I've seen mention of several in that category)... that maybe SE will decide to bring a bit more of the attention to the game that they had for all those years.

Who knows,though.

If my time with XI has ended, I'd rather it end on a good note, rather than me being disgusted and disappointed in what the game's become.

Even if it's not FFXI, I do still need a MMO that still challenges me and makes me think. I just can't abide the linear, led-around-by-the-nose style of gameplay many MMOs are built around these days. So, I've found myself back in Anarchy Online - one of the first MMOs I played, even before FFXI. I feel at home. I've found a fanastic Org with long-time players who know the game well, are very helpful, very down-to-earth and just all around fun to hang around with. The game's character development and customization provides *plenty* to wrap my brain around and there's tons of content to be experienced. It's no FFXI back in its hey-day, but it's still damn fun.... and I even get to use my brain in the process. Imagine that... a MMO these days that still requires the players to think.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• DocEllis611DocEllis611 Member Posts: 86

I returned, and have been playing. It is clear to see that new players aren't sticking around like they used to. Even before FFXIV, FFXI had a different feel that either drew you in, or frustrated you into quitting. Now that noobs on FFXI are feeling isolated because of the lack of help from higher-levels, and the lack of population at lower levels, this game is now relying on existing players. New players that MIGHT have enjoyed it before don't really have a fighting chance.  It's just a matter of time before high-level gamers get tired of the game and move on.

But why so sad? FFXI, when released in Japan, I've heard, had terrible reviews. FFXIV will be fixed. And how do we know that? Because SE isn't going to just give up and make another MMO. That's not the primary role of SE.  FFXIV is now their venue for MMO content. Instead of injecting their MMO ideas into an out-dated game (ffxi), they will use those ideas in FFXIV. FFXIV may be a different game, but it is an MMO  from a company that produces single-player RPGs. Get on the train, and get used to it. We are heading for FFXIV. Don't want to shell out the money for a $1000 computer (plus OS)? Then you can buy the much cheaper PS3. Sorry for those who can't afford either. Thats kinda the way things go. Enjoy ffxi while it's around. I'm not saying it will be gone tomorrow. I am saying that it is perfectly reasonable and just that SE will stop paying attention to you. FFXIV is the new SE MMO.