Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New information from Funcom`s Q3 Report about TSW

Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Their newest report came out a couple of days ago, and I am going to post some info from it here:

As of Q3 2010.

- Project is now fully staffed with all key positions filled

- Solid develompent progress

- Key focus areas include:

- Mission & content production across the game.

- Extending & implementing further areas of the character development system.

- GUI Iterrations.

- Game play testing, iterations and improvments.

- Client performance improvement.

PR

- Limited PR in the past months.

- Significant PR Ramp up planned for Q1 2011.

- Signing wih a publisher in the coming time.

And thats about it for TSW info this time.

Comments

• GozerTCGozerTC Member UncommonPosts: 119

Good to hear they're finally going to start spreading the word.  Then again the Illuminati work best in secret.  Hmm.. :)

Thanks for the info!

Current Game: Asssasins Creed 2(PS3, Gamer Tag: Happy_Hubby)
    Current MMO: World of Warcraft and World of Tanks
    Former Subscribed MMO: Star Trek Online, Aion, WoW, Guild Wars, Eve Online, DAoC, City of Heroes, Shattered Galaxy, 10six.
    Tried: Too many to list

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Thats good news.

The lack of PR over the past months was noticable. When a game comes out with 2 sophisticated cinimatics and then near nothing for a long time...we begin to worry about vaporware.

Looking forward to the Q1 media blitz

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Deffinately on my 'to watch list', lets hope some of that PR starts to release more info.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Thank you for the info.  Nice to hear things are still moving forward. 

As for press releases and the like, I could care less if there is more at this point.  As long as the developers seem as passionate about the gameplay and direction they are going I'm fine.  The consistant message they have been giving is more important than building hype for the game.  Especially since there isn't an esitmated release.  At least as far as I've heard.

• lancelot76lancelot76 Member Posts: 119

So it's now looking at least within the realm of possibility we see a go-live in 2011. Possibly...

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

Originally posted by Deleted User

So it's now looking at least within the realm of possibility we see a go-live in 2011. Possibly...

I dunno, isn't the timer on their website running down to 21 December 2012?  image

I've only recently clocked this.  For some reason when I first heard about it, I had the impression it would be a vampire game like CCP's WoD (which looks like it's going to look amazing) and I bloody hate the vampire craze, so I just ignored it.  Then recently I saw one of the CGI things on YouTube by chance, and the vid with the interviews with the developers talking about the factions, and it really grabbed my attention.

Really dig the lore, looking forward to it.  Conspiracy theories are mostly bollocks, but it's great fun to pretend they're real.

Isn't it about time we have a "which faction are you going to join?" thread here on mmorpg.com?