Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's give this a try

I basically don't have any MMO to play right now and since the Lineage 2 forums have been so active lately, I've been tempted to try. Since I played Aion a while ago, I still had a free trial for Lineage 2 on my account and now I'm giving it a go. So yeah, I will post screenshots and comment about my adventures here, just in case anyone else has been wanting to try it or return to see how it is now. Any tips are welcome btw, since I heard this game is pretty hardcore and Im a total noob. Also, any class you can recommend to me?

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by reijan

I basically don't have any MMO to play right now and since the Lineage 2 forums have been so active lately, I've been tempted to try. Since I played Aion a while ago, I still had a free trial for Lineage 2 on my account and now I'm giving it a go. So yeah, I will post screenshots and comment about my adventures here, just in case anyone else has been wanting to try it or return to see how it is now. Any tips are welcome btw, since I heard this game is pretty hardcore and Im a total noob. Also, any class you can recommend to me?

Well, when the game first came out one really didn't do a lot of the quests (such as they were). However, they've made some changes so try to do as many quests in the starter areas as you can as they have significantly upped the xp.

See if you can find a clan academy to join. You should go on the main forums and post or look int the recruiting threads.

Make sure you look on the forums for active servers and if you are getting discouraged becausee the new player areas a a bit lighht of people just head to Giran or even Aden as a good amount of population will be there.

Dion, which is a lower lvl town will have more people than gluido (usually) so you might find people there to lvl with.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • I heard there were server merges, just one EU and one US now?

And yeah, I think Ill go look for a clan, thanks for the tip ;) (but Im on my trial right now, so Ill look for a clan should I buy the game and play beyond the trial).

Just need to decide on a class first.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

#1 most important thing is to join an active clan asap. The game will be much more fun if you play everyday with people. Also dont worry about not seeing alot of people in the newbie town. As soon as you do your first class change and move to the other towns you will start to see the population. As a first character I recommend playing a Summoner Class or a Warcryer which is a buffer type class.

Summoners are the only class in the game that can go from low level to high level with low level gear and do just fine. Also you are your own group so you dont need to group if you dont want to.

Warcryers are the top buffer class in the game so when you make it high level people will be looking to group with you and since you have all the needed buffs in game you also will not need to look for groups when you want to xp. Warcryers can also go from low level to high level with cheap gear and make it just fine.

As long as you are not in a rush to get to high level and just want a game to play and have fun being social with other people you will enjoy the game. Have fun and let us know how you are doing. I like to hear how people feel about the game whether is good or bad.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Of course you should play the class that you enjoy the best but while you are trying to figure out what that is for you, it might be good to play something that will get you into groups. Despite being a pretty hardcore game, it is not really intended to be a soloing game. It is very social in that you really have to depend on others. As mentioned you will enjoy the game more when you are in groups and in a good clan. A great class for getting groups would be one of the two elf cleric/elders, probably with the dark elf version being slightly more in demand at lower levels because of the more fighter oriented buffs they provide. Healers are always in high demand, L2 is no different in that regard. There are a lot of other buffing/support classes out there, blade dancers, warcryers and such but I found buffing centric classes to be boring. But that will really depend on your temperment. No matter what you choose, just remember than you can always roll something else if you want or even, if you get high enough you can subclass to something more interesting and even switch that to be your main class if you want to pay the fee. My point is that their can be a big advantage to choosing a solid support class while you are learning about the game and what everything does because the best way to learn is by grouping and being able to ask your clannies.

Remember, find yourself a good clan. This game, unlike virtually all other games out there, is not about how well you can do on your own and how far you can get. It is about being part of a group and what your group can accomplish. As you examine the different classes and just how many support classes their are and they way that everyone can bring something unique to the fight it will become obvious that teamwork is built into the fabric of the game. It will be years before you can compete toe to toe with the best in the game but it only take about a month or so to get your first toon high enough to be able to help your clan with a castle siege defense. It is not about you, it is about the team.

All die, so die well.