Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA and all the other MMORPGs...

2»

Comments

• IzItMeOrUAllIzItMeOrUAll Member Posts: 45

Good Job Seffren!!! YEAH THATS WHAT I WANT TO HEAR!!!(Just messin around). I don't want the site taken down, I just want to read more neutral opinions. I remember once reading the hype of AION before it came out and in return it made me get all hyped up. I was all posting crap on those "What class are you gonna be" threads and "What type of wings do you want", Those "The land is so beautiful and the graphics are perfect" threads . Almost believing the game was going to be near flawless but of course when everyone was talking about the game it was indeed greater than the actual game. It would be great for once to have the hype of a game lowered cause It is simply a shame to get caught in that fantasy, and imagining how cool a game is going to be its like me Waiting for Paranormal Activity 2..... Went and saw that sh!t.... and was sorely dissapointed...I read all these peoples reviews about how scary it was, making them sweat... bite their fingernails...Jump out of their chairs with fright, I'm sure we all saw the commercial of all those people in the theaters jumping and yelling all loud and acting like the movie was just totally frightening. When I went to the movie theaters to see it... the theater was silent... no one jumped around me... or in front of me....the only time the silence was broken was when the husband in paranormal 2 would say something like at the scene where the ball comes out of the pool on video and hes talking about it.. people in the theaters giggled... or when he played the trick on his wife with it... giggles again..even when he got his neck snapped it was giggles...That movie wasn't scary for SH!T. I could not jump once...but it was because of those opnions that hyped it up that I expected something to scare me unlike paranormal activity 1 I had read no reviews and had heard nothing of the movie when I saw it and the crap had me thinking all kinds of crazy sh!t.....Lets all hold hands and sing songs...

• ChimpsChimps Member Posts: 192

OP brings up the worst examples of games ever.

Aion is click n wait, Tera is not.

APB is FPS, Tera is not.

Aion failed because off the grind. APB failed mainly because of the company i would assume, no real idea why it failed.

Aion looked great on gameplay vids, it had eye candy graphics and simple click n wait gameplay, what was the issue? the grind.

TERA can easily fail if it goes in the wrong direction, will it be quest based or will it be grind? As fun as the gameplay may seem grind will still be boring with that gameplay so if it does have alot of grind i wouldn't expect much of the game.

Let's hope it has lots of quests enough to keep you leveling fast until max level so you never have to grind.

And for those who do like to grind make sure monster exp is good depending on your level so that you don't feel like you're going nowhere.

I should be hired too game companies because it seems like there's a bunch of retards running the company not realising the grind issues and all other issues a game can have that will turn players off.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Aion was also a 2 faction pvp game and that did not help much.  From what we can tell tera will be a quest based game, as long as the quest are entertaining with good rewards it should be fine.  I mean I don't really need ton's of quest just to reach max lvl,  a smaller amount with better rewards would be ideal...and then sprinkle in a little group party grind on elite mobs.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by IzItMeOrUAll

Forgive me Master.... For I posted on the TERA Sections instead of the other games you listed because I happened to be on the TERA Thread at the time..After I had already typed I did think "why not on one of the more hyped games" and so I then changed the title so its not just specificly TERA online.. i'm sure you read the title of the thread.... I know that you enjoy coming on here typing and such but um... Plain and simply from the hype it just f.ucks up the community of the game I must admit. The truth of the matter is Mr.Master that I don't much care for the hypers or you're kind for that matter...When the game is hyped its not just the spouting of opinions but those spouters of opinions end up being the game community in which some of the readers of their opinions are swayed to not believe in their own opinions of the game but that of those that post on here. Their so called "opinions" Now have made a game fail because it has turned those away from trying the game because of the hypers who turn around to spit upon the game after it has been released (only because they believed what they read and saw instead of what they expierenced and so believed in their own hype or imagination of perfection.) Now I have read about all these games that people have hyped and then spit on in the end and after turning away from a few games because of such bad reviews, I went ahead and gave one of these games that people spit upon a try but ya know what, the games that people keep b1tching about and filling up with negatives had the potential to be fun as hell its just now that the community of these games that have been spit on have had their community or potential community have been poisoned they have died off leaving the game less desireable because the game's population is some what of a ghost town or full of people in game talking of going to a new game. The hype does f.uck up the games, for some reason those who voice their opinions negative or positive believe that no one reads them and it does not leave an impression on others minds(unless it is that all the threads on these games that are full of positivity or negativity are there simply to ruin the game before it is even out then i say "bravo"). I have been looking forward to this game and I do not wish it to be one of those games that will become over hyped because just because its not hyped right now does not mean that it wonte next week, that it wonte end up on par with all those games hyped to the point of destruction in which I will return sometime next year to read "This game could of been but wasn't" threads. Full of "This game is flawed, this game is bugged, this game's pve isn't good as it should be", or the famous "Asian Grinder Threads". I would rather people not hype the games up with positives or negatives but instead hyped it up with neutrality. It seems that the majority does not like to balance anything in their threads but instead enjoy tiping the scale at all times. I will leave you with this quote "Those that walk among the sheep will be eaten by the wolves just the same as the sheep" -ANONYMOUS

Bloodyhell. I'm trying to read the reply this fool did for me but all I can see is a concrete wall of text. Learn to paragraph, if you expect people to take your shit seriously. And to anyone who actually could read this wall of text, I would like the tl;dr version please, because I'm still marginally interested in what this fool has to say. ^_^

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Ugh, i'm breaking my 1 post rule for this comment.... No I think on mmorpg you should comment about the games flaws or epicness AFTER the game is out and we have played it. That gives the game an acutal chance instead of hyping it to  some supernatural level that will change the future.

Perfect post. Remember the FFXIV forums. This game is the best, it's beautiful graphics, indepth economy, works perfect. Oh what a failure that was, and the FFXIV still thrives everyday with hate posts and fanboy flame defenses.

• dzikundzikun Member Posts: 150

You are new to the interwebz are you? This is a forum. Its made for people to discuss things. Now... Go and discuss.

I've been uplinked and downloaded, I've been inputted and outsourced. I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading.

I'm a high-tech low-life. A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bi-coastal multi-tasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond.

I'm new-wave, but I'm old-school; and my inner child is outward-bound.

I'm a hot-wired, heat-seeking, warm-hearted cool customer; voice-activated and bio-degradable.

RIP George Carlin.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Chimps

OP brings up the worst examples of games ever.

Aion failed because off the grind. APB failed mainly because of the company i would assume, no real idea why it failed.

TERA can easily fail if it goes in the wrong direction, will it be quest based or will it be grind? As fun as the gameplay may seem grind will still be boring with that gameplay so if it does have alot of grind i wouldn't expect much of the game.

Let's hope it has lots of quests enough to keep you leveling fast until max level so you never have to grind.

And for those who do like to grind make sure monster exp is good depending on your level so that you don't feel like you're going nowhere.

I should be hired too game companies because it seems like there's a bunch of retards running the company not realising the grind issues and all other issues a game can have that will turn players off.

APB failed for 2 reasons... 1st being that the development team wasted so much time and money on pointless features (anything to do with the music) rather than on actual content so that even during the beta a lot of people just got bored of doing the same thing. And by the time it came to release the game they either delay it and go bankrupt or release it and try to develop it they went on. 2nd reason was that the developers didn't support the game post release, resulting a lot of hackers messing up the game.

As for TERA... now you're definitely right that TERA can easily fail (in the America and Europe), if it becomes just another grindfest, but it will likely success in Asia (mostly due to the lack of female armor). Sure the combat looks interesting but if you're just fighting the same old mobs over and over, it will easily get boring fast, as compared to the other upcoming MMOs. This video blog that featured TERA was particulary interesting (starts at 19:30).

• FadernFadern Member Posts: 37

Yeah Tera's leveling curve might be one of the most important things in the west, however, aslong as you guys say the game have alot of fun quests it wont mather if it takes time to reach max level, most players wanting to play this game is looking for a challenge, not a boring kill 60 mobs times 100 quest challenge but they do like to level and there will be other games that will offer easy leveling.

The biggest fail factor will apart from the grind will be the end game and content. How pvp will be and how you optain gear and to have give players enough to do in the end.

Funny thing with Aion was the first wave of people leaving the game was because it was to mutch repitivly mob killing to level.

The second wave of players leaving Aion was those who had reach end game and didn't have anything to do ;p

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

Game should not be talked about untill

we have played it.

Well, i have played TERA, and from what i have seen the combat IS really different. It's so different to the point the whole experience will be diferent, although most other parts of the game are pretty similar to other MMOs. Another thing that differs it from other recent MMOs is that it is pretty polished. It was much more polished one year ago (FGT, korean closed betas) than some games are years after release.

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online