Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chapter Completion Order Recommendation

maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422

Hello;

I have recently started playing Guild Wars.  My first chapter is Nightfalls.  I've completed 2 of the missions, seems like the story is coming to an end soon so I wonder if the other missions happen faster.

Anyhow, my Necromancer is level 15 and I've started recieving Eye of the North spam whenever I enter the main city (telling me that I can go to Eye of the North).

So my question is...  After Nightfall or even during it, what order should I do the chapters?  Should I head off to EotN as its the latest and greatest?  Or should I do the other two chapters first?

I started Guild Wars as a place to wait out GW2 and do some HoM stuff.  Turns out to be much more fun than I thought it would.

With kind regards,

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

If you want to get the most out of the story I would finish Nightfall to the end prior to working on EotN.  Honestly I wouldve worked through the games in order: Proph, Fac, NF, then EotN.  It's cool to do the beginning of NF to grab the heroes as they will make your journey easier overall.  Also, you say you have done 2 of the missions in NF and feel like the story is coming to a close.  Well there's 17 missions minimum in the game so you've got a long way to go.  Also you hit the level cap by mission 5 tops so it doesn't work like other MMOs as far as the time to cap.

Steam: Neph

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Going into EotN opens up the HoM which will contain stuff you should be able to transfer to GW2. Depends on what you want to do, there really isn't any order to it. Since you did Nightfall first the other two Prophecies and Factions should be very easy because you have your heroes to help you out if you can't find groups.

Doing EotN next should make the first two even easier, but then there are a few skills you can cap in the first two that will make EotN easier. So it's up to you really. I'd probably go EotN just to open up the hall, then do the first two campaigns and return to finish out EotN after it is all done, because EotN was created specifically for people that had finished the first three campaigns.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

There are 20 missions in Nightfall (although there are 3 divergents, so you end up skipping 3 of them depending on what choices you make during the campaign), so you are no where near finishing the nightfall campaign.

From a purely lore and story perspective I would say start with Prophecies but since you are already on Nightfall, might as well finish it. Plus you'll get heros that you can use for the other campaigns. Factions is probably the least newbie friendly, it's fast paced and can put you into situations in which an inexperienced player might get frustrated with.

Eye of the North is really an extension of the Prophecies campaign, although it does have some references to the other two campaigns. I definitely recommend finishing Prophecies if you want the lore to make sense. However, if you don't care about that then you can go to EotN at any time.

• CaliforunCaliforun Member Posts: 70

I'd play it in order of release:

Prophecies > Factions > Nightfall > Eye of the North

It makes the most sense lore-wise, and Prophecies is a more gradual introduction to the game.

• maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I started Nightfalls first after reading several sites like the Wikia suggesting it due to the Heroes.  I think I'll grab the HoM and then head into the first chapter when I'm done with chapter 3.

As for coming to an end, I say that because the story seems to be coming to a close.  I guess I underestimated the story writers (figured the last couple of missions would come quick).

With kind regards,