Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazing Holographic Performer

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Watch Hatsune Miku perform before a sold out crowd.    Is this the future of performance stars? 

Hatsune Miku Onstage Performance <<< clicky

Another from the same performance <<< clicky

wow...they also did...

Megurine Luka Performance <<< amazing clicky

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

What the hell was that?

Why dont everyone use it? I love it : )

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Is the actual singer not cute enough?  That they have to put up a young anime looking school girl up there to dance around?

lol I marvel at the technology, but I never really get the anime culture.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• eclipse2geclipse2g Member Posts: 19

If you do a little research, there is no "real" singer at all.  Hatsune is what they are calling a "vocaloid".  She is a hologram with a completely computer syntesized voice.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Originally posted by eclipse2g

If you do a little research, there is no "real" singer at all.  Hatsune is what they are calling a "vocaloid".  She is a hologram with a completely computer syntesized voice.

Interesting, I see.  I thought when Teala said if this is the future of performance stars, for some reason I thought she meant real performers using holograms instead heh.

Now that I know it's completely computerized, I'm less impressed and even more amazed that people would go to a concert for it.  But I guess they can do away with worrying about lip synching forever heh.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

That is crazy... the holograph part that is. The vocaloid thing's been done for a while, basically the step up from this auto-tuning nonsense that I really can't stand, but I totally see the applications that could be had in other genres. Picture having synthed backup vocals for basically *any* band where you don't have to actually hire someone to come in on it. I'd be all over it.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I heard about this on /a/, though i'm not a huge van of vocaloid it's pretty cool they're able to hold concerts like this.

Future of entertainment hopefully

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I'll be the first one to say it.

I don't get it. It's a holograph, not a hologram. It never moved off the screen, it's just a 3D Picture on some sort of screen. A hologram would be in the middle of people dancing on a catwalk or something. At least from what i can tell, it's not. 

• eclipse2geclipse2g Member Posts: 19

The amazing part of it is not the holograph.  It's a technology that has been used before.  Google "peppers ghost" if you want to know about it.

The real amazing part is the vocaloid software.  Anyone can buy it and write songs that "Miku Hatsune" will sing.  In accurate pitch and timing using "her" voice.  It's so good and so accurate that many people have mistaken it for a real singer like the poster above.

check out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leyYAmSmtIc&feature=player_embedded#!

Fan created song using the software, no video though.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Japan have a few years history of popular artificial celebs. I remember reading about some fake radio host (few years ago), wich was only software. It still got fanmail everyday.

I think this will become more and more common.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Ill Admit If I were in Japan, Ida gone to it. :P

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• ForumfallForumfall Member Posts: 570

You can call it what you want but I find it lame. Do they not have enough real stars or interesting people?