Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vindictus: A First Look

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Scot

The above poster had answered my question. When it does come out here we will have a more polished content full game, so happy to wait. :)

Nope, you'll have the same spiel that we did.

Only the first boat in CB. Boat one+two in EAOB. 3 boats at launch, then Evie shortly after.

The timeframe for patches on localized games will *always* follow that which the original release had. After all, they are just fine tuning each build that's already dropped.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by Scot

The above poster had answered my question. When it does come out here we will have a more polished content full game, so happy to wait. :)

Nope, you'll have the same spiel that we did.

Only the first boat in CB. Boat one+two in EAOB. 3 boats at launch, then Evie shortly after.

The timeframe for patches on localized games will *always* follow that which the original release had. After all, they are just fine tuning each build that's already dropped.

Sounds like it. Any idea when/if the other two characters get added? Or plate armor?  So far, only one plate helm is in the game.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243

Myself and three friends have just started playing this together. Its pretty decent if you like dungeon crawling. Moreso if you actually play with friends. Reminds me of a cross between Diablo and God of War. For a FTP game, its actually quite good.

I'd recommend it for anyone who enjoys crawling dungeons and those who are fans of Hack-n-Slash. Not so much for the people who need a world to exist in.

• spoononespoonone Member UncommonPosts: 40

The only thing that I don't like about the game, is the coin system.  After Perilous Ruins you have to use coins to get into dungeons.  You get 50 silver coins to spend on the boats that takes to where ever you're going to, it takes 2 coins at first then 3 after 7 runs then 4 coins after 14 runs, so if have plenty of spare time, it will be gone after 4 or 5 hours. 

You either wait for coins to reset(Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday).  Or Pay to cash to do dungeons.  There are ways to get more silver coin free but you are better off to wait for the reset.

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

This game is IP blocked, you should mention it in the article. I do not understand this. Are my $ worse in anyway?

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243

Originally posted by biplex

This game is IP blocked, you should mention it in the article. I do not understand this. Are my $ worse in anyway?

I don't think its out for EU yet?  But its coming some time soon for you guys.

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589

Originally posted by spoonone

The only thing that I don't like about the game, is the coin system.  After Perilous Ruins you have to use coins to get into dungeons.  You get 50 silver coins to spend on the boats that takes to where ever you're going to, it takes 2 coins at first then 3 after 7 runs then 4 coins after 14 runs, so if have plenty of spare time, it will be gone after 4 or 5 hours. 

You either wait for coins to reset(Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday).  Or Pay to cash to do dungeons.  There are ways to get more silver coin free but you are better off to wait for the reset.

This is actually partially incorrect... Its Monday, Thursday and Saturday that the coins are reset (note that it really ends up gearing up tokens for the weekend) this happens at 10:00 AM pacific... Anyways the token system is one of their micro transaction deals. You can purchase platinum tokens and play longer or you can wait for the tokens to recharge either or. The Monday - Thursday stretch can be a pain but if you time it out right each day its not too too bad and if you really want to you can spend a little and play lots more... Spend 15 bucks a month and you get yourself about 80 platinum coins give or take on top of the silver coins if you really wanted to.... 

There are crimson coins as well which can be bought on the marketplace which people can buy (they cost a bit less than platinum coins do too but can be traded etc ) But ultimately its up to the player hehe. That 15 a month can really just balance out to an extra 80 runs if you really want it to and the like on top of what you'd get for free :)

• anonentityanonentity Member UncommonPosts: 36

Micro Review:

Liked:

Graphics were well done,

Storyline was interesting for what i saw,

Was definately an ACTION game.

The interaction with the seting when in the game

Disliked:

Gold spammers were awful, Almost all of the general chat was spam. No one seemed to bother even looking at it as requests for noobie assistance were unheeded.

Channel switching was odd. My characters got bounced from channel to channel repeatedly and sometimes to no channel at all.

Game quickly fills your inventory with stuff you MIGHT need for crafting but don't know if you do. I suspect the desire if for people ot purchase more bag space but it hits you pretty fast in Vindictus.

Odd issue with Ip address. Every time I logged on I could not do many simple things like delete an inventory item, access the marketplace because I had a different IP address than the last time I had logged on. Apparently the anti hacker programming has a problem with DHCP? The was a 10 minute lockout timer too.

Zerg syndrome. Folks hugely higher level than the mission you were on, zerging through, dragging you along. Doesn't feel very heroic.

Difficulty rampup seems uneven. Gnoll Leader fight seems unduly more difficult than all previous bosses who were pushovers.

Having to redo missions repeatedly in hopes of geting specific ingredients to drop in order to complete a quest.

Currently playing? No, I uninstalled after a couple of weeks. The Ip address issue, the bag space issue, and the repetitiveness quickly wore on me. It is an interesting idea for an action mmo but it's a lot of unrealized potential currently.

• RomeuFCRRomeuFCR Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Sudowoodoo

Wow this is a bit late don't you think? Way to jump on the bandwagon you worthless faggots. Everyone and their mother has already reviewed and played this game.

Wow... ok so they're really late on this review about a game that probably most of us already knew about (probably under the name Mabinogi Heroes)... but no need for all that hatred :)

And for europeans who don't want to bother with proxifier and openVPN and stuff like that, the EU Beta is coming next month.

Cheers

Playing:

RIFT, EU Blightweald Server

Waiting to see:

ToR, TERA, GW2

• thorosuchthorosuch Member UncommonPosts: 127

Originally posted by arenasb

I haven't seen any bugged animations, in fact they seem to be well done. Anyway, it's a fun game to play for a bit now and then. My biggest issue with it is the lag when grouped up. I think it's based on whoever the group lead is? Other than that I've enjoyed playing it, even if it is a bit repetitive (but what "mmo" isn't?)

My main issue with the game as well...the lag in groups at times is so bad, you may come out of the freeze and find yourself incapacitated...it seems to be only with groups though. When I run alone it's smooth as silk. Oh and it's very laggy inside the town.

Getting old is mandatory...growing up is optional.

• thorosuchthorosuch Member UncommonPosts: 127

Originally posted by anonentity

Micro Review:

Liked:

Graphics were well done,

Storyline was interesting for what i saw,

Was definately an ACTION game.

The interaction with the seting when in the game

Disliked:

Gold spammers were awful, Almost all of the general chat was spam. No one seemed to bother even looking at it as requests for noobie assistance were unheeded.

Channel switching was odd. My characters got bounced from channel to channel repeatedly and sometimes to no channel at all.

Game quickly fills your inventory with stuff you MIGHT need for crafting but don't know if you do. I suspect the desire if for people ot purchase more bag space but it hits you pretty fast in Vindictus.

Odd issue with Ip address. Every time I logged on I could not do many simple things like delete an inventory item, access the marketplace because I had a different IP address than the last time I had logged on. Apparently the anti hacker programming has a problem with DHCP? The was a 10 minute lockout timer too.

Zerg syndrome. Folks hugely higher level than the mission you were on, zerging through, dragging you along. Doesn't feel very heroic.

Difficulty rampup seems uneven. Gnoll Leader fight seems unduly more difficult than all previous bosses who were pushovers.

Having to redo missions repeatedly in hopes of geting specific ingredients to drop in order to complete a quest.

Currently playing? No, I uninstalled after a couple of weeks. The Ip address issue, the bag space issue, and the repetitiveness quickly wore on me. It is an interesting idea for an action mmo but it's a lot of unrealized potential currently.

Yes, I agree with most of this too...the channel switching is odd and the way party members dart to the next area where theres a timer and whether you are ready to leave the area or not; if other members are standing at the threshhold you are dragged through when the timer times out...very undesirable. I myself have left the group in the middle of completion because of this type of play style...But I do enjoy the game very much when grouped with some cooperative players.

Getting old is mandatory...growing up is optional.

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101

Played for a few dungeon runs, pretty unimpressed -instant uninstall.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by thorosuch

My main issue with the game as well...the lag in groups at times is so bad, you may come out of the freeze and find yourself incapacitated...it seems to be only with groups though. When I run alone it's smooth as silk. Oh and it's very laggy inside the town.

The lag in groups is usually because the host has a poor connection. In a group, each name has a set of blue bars that look much like the bars on most cell phones. They indicate signal strength. When you join a group, wait a few seconds for the system to sync up and check the blue bars. If you or the host have 1 or 2 bars, you may very well be looking at a really bumpy ride that trip. Leave and join a group where you have a better connection.

If towns seem laggy, two quick fixes for many are:

1) Cut back on the shadows or other visual optimizations. They are GPU intensive and can really cause a performance hit on some machines.

Options > Video > Custom (Graphic Settings)  <-- lots of settings you can adjust there.

2) Set players to Robes in town. Bottom center of your screen is a button that looks like a group of silhouettes. Click it and your choices will be Helmets, No Helmets, Robes. Set it to robes and your system will not load all the different armor and weapon models/textures.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Played for 2 days, felt I had seen what was on offer, felt no need to develop 'my' character, uninstalled.

No harm in trying it, but anyone who spends money in this game's cash shop is an idiot imo.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Fun and instant action.

A buddy and I play about once a week until we run out of tokens, then we break until the next weekend. Certainly not enough to make me want to pay to play every day but fun enough to hop into on occasion. I think it'll be fun to see what it's like once they've finished patching the other classes and zones in.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

This game is unfinished and it looks and feels unfinished.

Try it, sure, but it isn't done.

• pythonxzpythonxz Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by reguba

The game's presentation is nothing shy of absolutely gorgeous. To be honest, during the first tutorial mission my jaw just about hit the floor when I saw how well the art was done. I was later impressed when they did the first in-building dialog. The whole 2d-chat with npc with 3d moving background and ambient talking/noise really struck a good chord with me.

Sadly, the actual game on the other hand is entirely repetitive and surely aimed at a much more casual audience. Though, I admit, combat was pretty solid minus some serious lag at times. Swinging your sword and making contact with an enemy had a real solid feel to it.

Really would've love to see more out of a game with such astounding presentation.

You, like other people, seem to be missing the point that at every RPG's core, it is repetitive.  There's no exception.  Many RPGs have way of alleviating the repetition with micro-management or some other method.  As for combat specifically, all RPGs eventually become repetitive because you eventually learn combos that you instinctively use over and over.  It makes no difference if it's hitting hotkeys or that it is skill-based, they are all repeated actions.  

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Originally posted by thorosuch

The lag in groups is usually because the host has a poor connection. In a group, each name has a set of blue bars that look much like the bars on most cell phones. They indicate signal strength. When you join a group, wait a few seconds for the system to sync up and check the blue bars. If you or the host have 1 or 2 bars, you may very well be looking at a really bumpy ride that trip. Leave and join a group where you have a better connection.

If towns seem laggy, two quick fixes for many are:

1) Cut back on the shadows or other visual optimizations. They are GPU intensive and can really cause a performance hit on some machines.

Options > Video > Custom (Graphic Settings)  <-- lots of settings you can adjust there.

2) Set players to Robes in town. Bottom center of your screen is a button that looks like a group of silhouettes. Click it and your choices will be Helmets, No Helmets, Robes. Set it to robes and your system will not load all the different armor and weapon models/textures.

The first is possible, but a day or two after the system comes up from being maintained, with me as host(22/4 meg connection) the other players tend to get no more than 2 bars(and some times one).  I doubt its on my side. ^^ From what I hear, the Korean version is reset once a day to deal with this problem.  I wish they would do that with the NA version.

I've never had any problem in town graphics wise, But the channel switching is weird.  The game also feels unfinished. Its currently lacking the other two characters, lots of gear(plate armor and giant shields come to mind). It will be interesting to see the full game in operation.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • QuakeQuake Member UncommonPosts: 20

Its a great game, ruined by terribly coded Peer to Peer connections.

It is borderline impossible to get more than 2 bars of connection to a host, even if they are on fiberoptic internet.

As you progress, partying becomes a requirement to accomplish goals. It is at this point you realize how much better

the game could have been if the party system wasn't so atrociously bad.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Odd, I always skipped reading any news about Vindictus, because I thought it was some first person only MMO. But maybe I mistook it for something similar named. This doesn't look too bad. And free? Hm, guess I give it a try at least.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Seffren

I will cetainly try this out ... when it comes to Europe :(

Bah... again we Euros are 3rd rate people. Same as with DCU beta.

Double Bah. >.<

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Hollowgirl78Hollowgirl78 Member UncommonPosts: 22

Anyone else have a hard time downloading this game? it is literally taking me 650000 years. 

Originally posted by ninesling

Anyone else have a hard time downloading this game? it is literally taking me 650000 years. 

Teh, such are the woes of the world. I could download it here in Europe in 2 hours. But I am IP blocked. They just mentioned maybe sometime Oceania, they didn't even MENTION Europe. Like we were some Pariahs.

Pft.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by ninesling

Teh, such are the woes of the world. I could download it here in Europe in 2 hours. But I am IP blocked. They just mentioned maybe sometime Oceania, they didn't even MENTION Europe. Like we were some Pariahs.

Pft.

Europe apparently is getting VIndictus in December. At least the NexonEU website is up and running, but perhaps it might be delayed by a month or so.

• zsoldosvzsoldosv Member CommonPosts: 4

i have a question I downloaded the game after the Updates i started the game but i got this ERROR MESSAGE : DISCONNECTED FROM THE SERVER iam from EU in Hungary  this game only for American players?

My IP maybe blocked or what i really want to play with this game but i can't.

Please HELP write for me!!!!!!

dsaddsadsasda