Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swift travel and other thing for former players. EU.

black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Hello everyone;

So, i read somewhere that turbine made a change to swift travel allowing chars created formerly would have no resitriction and those created after the ftp would have. Is CM adopting that? Because my chars which has been created formerly still has restrictions on *some* swift travel. If there is no such thing i will delete my low level captain and will create a new one that's why i'm concerned.

Btw my chars have 5 bags instead of 3 and they have 5 slots to post in AH but have restrictions on traits and whatnot. Is it because i was a player formerly? If it was like that there shouldn't be gold cap removal in the store for me and i should have kept the trait slots? It would really help if someone really clarifies what are the restrictions and what do we keep after going vip for a month and so on. (that faq is not an answer really)

Comments

• smutsmut Member Posts: 250

The swift travel stuff hasn't happened yet, that is in the next big patch that is supposed to be out this month. Former subscribers from before F2P do not have alot of the restrictions, I do not have a gold cap, trait crap, etc. So only characters that were made before F2P will have the swift travel restriction removed.

This chart does a pretty good at explaining what all the differences are. http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/vipchart.html

Most cost effective way is to VIP for a month and get all your alts up to level 20 before VIP runs out to get the free mount skill and any character that logs in during VIP will have alot of the restrictions removed.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

So i wonder why do i have the trait caps and why do i have the money cap removal option in the store (i don't know if i have the money cap or not since i have less than 5 golds but if i didn't then there wouldn't be that option in the store, right?). I was playing a year ago or something so those characters should be fine...

Well i won't delete my captain alt i suppose. That swift travel thing is important. I'll wait to see if CM will do the same when the patch hits.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Originally posted by black_isle

So i wonder why do i have the trait caps and why do i have the money cap removal option in the store (i don't know if i have the money cap or not since i have less than 5 golds but if i didn't then there wouldn't be that option in the store, right?). I was playing a year ago or something so those characters should be fine...

Well i won't delete my captain alt i suppose. That swift travel thing is important. I'll wait to see if CM will do the same when the patch hits.

You need to contact customer support, you shouldn't have gold or traitlimits on chars created under a subscription.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Rocketeer

You need to contact customer support, you shouldn't have gold or traitlimits on chars created under a subscription.

I think the trait slots only unlock if the character is high enough level. So if you had  a lvl 65 when being a subscriber then all slots will be unlocked but a level 30 would only have thoose slots unlcoked which are available at that level.

The swift travel unlock will come to EU servers aswell since it's nothing that CM have any controll over. But it's not even out on the US servers yet.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Originally posted by Papadam

Originally posted by Rocketeer

I think the trait slots only unlock if the character is high enough level. So if you had  a lvl 65 when being a subscriber then all slots will be unlocked but a level 30 would only have thoose slots unlcoked which are available at that level.

The swift travel unlock will come to EU servers aswell since it's nothing that CM have any controll over. But it's not even out on the US servers yet.

He says his traits are locked, i can only assume he understands the difference between having to buy more traitslots in the store and being to low of level to use his traitslots. Also he is right that he shouldn't see the gold cap removal in the store. The only situation where you could end up with such a mixmatch of account features is by buying some of them in store but not the rest, which i guess he would have mentioned. Therefor its my impression that something is wrong with his account, which can only be fixed by him contacting CS and have them investigate.

Any old chars created under a sub should:

1. Not be subject to the goldcap.

2. Not have the option to unlock traits.

3. 5 bags.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Couldn't even contact GM in-game. Only option was to report bugs. I'm pretty sure at this point something is wrong. I sent an e-mail to CS.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

Yeah CM screwed things again and some premium accounts are bugged with bags/traits/gold cap locked like f2p account. Have to get in touch with CS and wait. Or do Yourself a favor and just go for US LOTRO, won't regret it in longer run.