Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many females in a MMO are taken already?

Comments

• thorosuchthorosuch Member UncommonPosts: 127

Originally posted by Hathi

Now more women will be interested in MMOs since the Entropia 335,000 sale.

Mama wants a new pair of shoes! Play Entropia!

Entropia?  Ha, been there done that. Thanks but no thanks.

Getting old is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by Sarielle

News Flash!

95% of girls over 16 in RL are already taken too. The moment they are not in a relationship there is about a 15 minute timeframe before they get into a new relationship with some dude that was kept on hold. No female can stand being single for longer than that, ever.

Bitter because you were the guy kept on hold, or...? :B

No, I'm bitter because in the time it takes to run out and get some fast food they are already dating someone else. I need a cellphone app to notify me the moment one of them breaks up with a guy so I can jump on it before they get with the next schmuck.

Always a jerk in the crowd huh GT?

Originally posted by TUX426

WOW!!!

Seriously?!

I've read so many replies that just blow me away...hell, even the topic does.

1) NO girl owes you ANY attention while she's playing a game

2) Married, dating or single, let it go. They're PLAYERS online IMO

3) RL girls>Online "girls"

4) The Internet: Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents

ROTFLMFAO

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Originally posted by reijan

And it's the attitude of many men that scares women away, so that they either won't reveal their gender or say they already have a husband/boyfriend. Why treat girl gamers differently? Most I met are just as serious and dedicated as "us" boy gamers and some are really good players. But as soon as their gender is revealed, they are not treated as simply good players, but as dateable material that should be protected and who doesnt know how a MMORPG works.

I tried making my girlfriend play some time ago. Some player came up and asked her "u girl?" when she answered yes, he asked her to become his GF. When she told him she wasn't interested, he basically began stalking her, killing the mobs she was attacking and spamming her with questions like "u have facebook?  show me ur pic..." and such things. After that, she never looked at any MMO again. I can't really blame her, but I blame those male who think MMO are a place to find someone to date. Go outside, there are a lot of nice girls out there. Or, if you really want a gamer girl, go to a convention or something.

The only time when I think it is ok is when someone is roleplaying.

Men are animals, I know, I use to be a man before I got married.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Single women in Mmos are smart women. Any woman that plays video games is a smart woman. The ones that are free will be for a long time cause they intimidate men. The taken ones are for sure the boss in the house. In any case:

AVOID DATING GAMING WOMEN

p.s. I'm joking of course...i love gaming girls!

• SarielleSarielle Member Posts: 91

News Flash!

95% of girls over 16 in RL are already taken too. The moment they are not in a relationship there is about a 15 minute timeframe before they get into a new relationship with some dude that was kept on hold. No female can stand being single for longer than that, ever.

No, I'm bitter because in the time it takes to run out and get some fast food they are already dating someone else. I need a cellphone app to notify me the moment one of them breaks up with a guy so I can jump on it before they get with the next schmuck.

Yeah, as you're obviously such an irresistible charmer, it's hard to imagine how they don't call you first. I'm sure they're not just...you know...blowing you off. It's not you! It's her.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

News Flash!

Yeah, as you're obviously such an irresistible charmer, it's hard to imagine how they don't call you first. I'm sure they're not just...you know...blowing you off. It's not you! It's her.

Why wouldn't they?!

The moment that snarky becomes a currency I'll be the new Bill Gates.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• PryettaPryetta Member UncommonPosts: 260

News Flash!

Why wouldn't they?!

*pats head* No need to get grumpy because you want sloppy seconds...or thirds....maybe 25ths....

Originally posted by Pryetta

News Flash!

Why wouldn't they?!

*pats head* No need to get grumpy because you want sloppy seconds...or thirds....maybe 25ths....

They really need to develop a "take a number" system for this...

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

Originally posted by Explorium
    Females play MMOs, I've met LOTS in both LOTRO and WoW. 

But every single one (out of about 35 that I've personally met in-game or talked to)...all are either married or have a boyfriend.

Do single females actually play MMOs? And no, I'm not talking about the guys that roleplay female characters to get free loots.

Yes, single females play mmos. Most people are taken at any given time and most single females who want to get a hook up aren't sitting online looking for it just like most men who may end up eventually being successful.

Shadus

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

This entire topic seems rather odd to me.

But I digress...

It would appear that the OP is indeed looking for love in the wrong place. I personally never pay any attention to gender while playing, that is unless the other player mentions their gender, or I can hear that they are a female in vent. Even then though, it doesn't matter to me.

News Flash!

Why wouldn't they?!

They really need to develop a "take a number" system for this...

You just got crappy taste in women if you need to take a number or run for the girl you want. Took me 3 years to have another boyfriend after breaking up with my first one.

You just got crappy taste in women if you need to take a number or run for the girl you want. Took me 3 years to have another boyfriend after breaking up with my first one.

The difference between a small town and a city with 4+ million people in it;

Everyone knows each other in a small town, and has to wait for new blood to arrive, or for a local to break it off and have enough time to pass to where you won't become a target of gossip. Big cities have a plethora of choices, so it's easy for broads to move from one guy to the next faster than it takes a tv dinner for one to cook in the microwave. Seriously, every girl is taken, or just not taking their current relationships *that* seriously.

....did somebody get ninja modded?

The difference between a small town and a city with 4+ million people in it;

Everyone knows each other in a small town, and has to wait for new blood to arrive, or for a local to break it off and have enough time to pass to where you won't become a target of gossip. Big cities have a plethora of choices, so it's easy for broads to move from one guy to the next faster than it takes a tv dinner for one to cook in the microwave. Seriously, every girl is taken, or just not taking their current relationships *that* seriously.

....did somebody get ninja modded?

I lived in a small town as well..where we knew everyone...but you need to think outside the small town. Lol...too bad.

I lived in a small town as well..where we knew everyone...but you need to think outside the small town. Lol...too bad.

I *live* outside the small town, this is kinda the point. It seems like it would be much easier to hook up, but it isn't unless you go to a lot of clubs/parties, and most of all, are willing to hook up with chicks that are already taken but don't care too much about how the beau feels about that. Yes, it's always like that for my age group in these parts. Maybe it dies down when they hit 30, but I really don't expect to see that happen.

Point being, girls are always taken... but the extent of "how taken" they really are is up in the air, and homie don't play that.

• CymTyrCymTyr Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by Explorium

Females play MMOs, I've met LOTS in both LOTRO and WoW. 

But every single one (out of about 35 that I've personally met in-game or talked to)...all are either married or have a boyfriend.

Do single females actually play MMOs? And no, I'm not talking about the guys that roleplay female characters to get free loots.

Even if a chick is single, is actually a chick, and plays mmos, she's not going to tell you she's single.

You really shouldn't be looking for love in an mmo, the genre tends to attract people of both genders that are either very young, very immature, or very unstable. Some games have a more stable audience than others, but generally speaking people willing to spend the kind of time needed in an mmo to "succeed" are either involved with another mmo gamer or not worth your time.

• SarielleSarielle Member Posts: 91

News Flash!

Why wouldn't they?!

Alright, I laughed.

• AmorzkaAmorzka Member Posts: 28
    I think that many men play female chars hoping to get free stuff.

Other than that, there are plenty of damaged people online. You can tell the types that, for them, the only thing is the game.

Having met a couple of broken people, I socialize very little online.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Point being, girls are always taken... but the extent of "how taken" they really are is up in the air, and homie don't play that.

I don't know what to tell you.

I've known many women who were single for years until they found a good guy.

Maybe living in a city has something to do with it.

I've also just "dated" without getting too serious as well. Was never really a problem.

edit: op, any woman may be taken or not taken. Being an mmo player has nothign to do with it.

Do you know what I find is the easiest thing to do? Just be yourself, don't be desperate, if someone comes along who you get along with then great. Take it for what there is, there is always another person out there for you.

Don't be a jerk, a creep, controlling or a wimp.

Dating isn't that hard.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sovrath

I don't know what to tell you.

I've known many women who were single for years until they found a good guy.

Maybe living in a city has something to do with it.

I've also just "dated" without getting too serious as well. Was never really a problem.

Tell me "it's going to be okay" while you stroke my hair...

/fetal_position

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I'd say that it is extraordinarily rare since most females that play MMOs are introduced to them by their boyfriend or husband.  I agree that all the females that have ever been in guilds that I was a part of were married and their husband was also in our guild.  Females are not typically gamers, sadly that's just how it is, but you see more of them in WoW then you will in other games across the board IMO.

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

If I were a female playing an MMO chances are I'd just say I was a dude, or tell everyone I was taken even if I wasn't. There's really nothing sadder than listening to some poor bastard try to talk up a lady on vent.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Originally posted by Sovrath

Don't be a jerk, a creep, controlling or a wimp.

Dating isn't that hard.

Your statements are contradictory.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Um, I wasn't introduced to MMOs by a boyfriend... and neither were ANY of my female friends that play 'em.

I must hang out with a bunch of geeks ; )

I've been chatted up on Vent (obviously and drunkenly) but only the once.

My rule of thumb is I'm taken...I prefer to meet people IRL. I play games to ...uhhhh.... play the game itself?

I would be highly suspicious of anyone asking me if I was single...

Tl;dr: a lot of them probably are single, they're just saying they're not because being hit on in a game makes them uncomfortable.

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

*hands this thread +10 creepiness and /facepalm award*

We play to play like everyone else.  I am married, but if not I would still say I was unavailable.

pie.