Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO radio gone bye bye. :(

maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

Exclamation Dead Air

This is not a good bye, but more a very late status update.

The radio air is now dead. In the sense that you cant tune in and listen to the random stuff the radio played. We haven't done any live show for ages and since our saved up money that we used for the license is now as good as used up, to save what was left for any future relaunch we had to cancel the payments. All in all the radio never made any profit, as it was made to be a non-profit project. It actually cost us more than we got in :P

Well first of all I would like to thank all who have helped throughout the entire time MO Radio have been active with the MO Community. There have been plenty of people giving a lot of their spare time to work on this project. Many have come and gone, and I pretty much got burned out being alone on it.

With that said, if ANYONE would like to pick this up and relaunch the radio, let me know and Ill help you with all you need. Easiest way is by adding me on skype: djscream112

Also, if anyone wants to ask any type of questions about Mortal Online Radio, you can also reach me on skype.

Best Regards

Scream112 - Founder of Mortal Online Radio

Comments

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

With only 20 people listening I saw this happening sooner than later.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Why the hell would anyone make a Mortal Online radio broadcast?

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I am surprised they kept the radio up thus long, considering the games decreasing population.

I am sure they thought the game would of been a lot bigger than it turned out.  They had dev interviews and a guild of the week spotlight.  But not many listeners now, and not much to talk about.  

• QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99

Yep, the Mo community is slowly dieing. One need only look at the freequency of posts per week over the last six months on the MO forums to see this.  I cite this as a relevant indicator becasue forum accounts/interest/use is an indicator that Henrik seems to place credence in *grins*; all the more fool him.

EDIT: OH!  I would add that another interesting forum statistic are view numbers; specifically when we contrast the view rates of both the MO section on this site and the view rates on the the official MO forums.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

I am surprised MO even got a radio program from start. Few MMO's have had that and SV was just a little indie company. Many of the shows was great thou. We will see when Scream take up the show again. 

Like I said some people thought it was going to be bigger than it was.  And at least have some staying power.   So a radio show was started.  There was a full time reporter (Bevo) who kept up the political map and used to do some in game events.  Some people even made blogs about the game.   But all of that is pretty much not being used.