Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A friendly advice: STAY AWAY of this game!

kattaykattay Member Posts: 21

Is one of the most money sucking game, even if they say is free to play. The game mechanics are made so you spend like a crazy. Read this before:

HERE

and HERE

Don't worry, on Aeria Games sites you won't find nothing negative, just because they delete all these threads.

Comments

• orioniteorionite Member UncommonPosts: 139

I am grateful you keep starting threads informing us about the worthlessness of this game, that you tested on our behalf for over a year.

I'll be sure to stay away!

• ghochalighochali Member Posts: 4

could someone make a f2p mmo without a cs so its realy f2p.

i dont care if you go broke because you have to pay for the server. the main thing is that i have fun for free

• kattaykattay Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by ghochali

i dont care if you go broke because you have to pay for the server. the main thing is that i have fun for free

The problem is that the fun is extremely limited, Without spending money, you get kicked from the others.

• Spadez88Spadez88 Member Posts: 88

Ya i played it for a bit. It was a steaming pile of crap if i can recall. Quest system was horriable.  Skills and class's were unbalanced. PvP blows, might be me though iam not a pvp fan. An yes they almost force you to pay, yet thats how they make money. The movement and combat was so bad i could barely stand watching it with its corny noises and pathatic skill emotes. I got stuck in the ground and it took a gm 3 days to help me. Yet it was the best F2P i have played! Kinda sad i know. iam going to try 4 story tommarow. I hear its the WoW of F2P so mabey ill get a kick from that for a bit.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by kattay

Is one of the most money sucking game, even if they say is free to play. The game mechanics are made so you spend like a crazy. Read this before:
    HERE
    and HERE

Don't worry, on Aeria Games sites you won't find nothing negative, just because they delete all these threads.

Hi, I saw you advertise for this game on the frontpage at the newly created forum topics thingy. Amazingly how your post works like a button with the text' DO NOT CLICK!' for me.

• tentarotentaro Member Posts: 6

Sorry to tell you all this but F2P games need to make money too so, if you can honestly find one where to be super you don't have to spend any money at all, let me know so I can go play. But so far out of all that I have tried, Shaiya was a good game with the exception of the movement mechanics getting in the way of it being great. I am now into Runes of magic and would recommend it to anyone who wants a good F2P where you truly ( as of right now) do not NEED to spend money to compete but if you want to be truly powerful and be on the same level as some of the top players you need to spend money.

• wiseguy21wiseguy21 Member Posts: 4

How much of a self-centered jerk CAN you be?

Do you think watching people die from starvation is "fun"? If this server goes down due to lack of funding, that will happen, and you may have some lovely guilt that you spurred it on.

• hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by wiseguy21

How much of a self-centered jerk CAN you be?

Do you think watching people die from starvation is "fun"? If this server goes down due to lack of funding, that will happen, and you may have some lovely guilt that you spurred it on.

Pretty sure he's using this new thing called sarcasm, you can google it if you want.

• FairyzFairyz Member Posts: 1

o.o

seriously. I had to make an account on this page, just to answer this thread.

I play Shaiya, and I LOVE it. I have never spent a dime on it, and I don't plan on doin it either.

- I don't have less fun -

A lot of the ppl I've talked to ingame, doesn't spend money on it either.

So really: You don't have to pay anything to have fun with Shaiya.

• KeollKeoll Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Fairyz

o.o

I play Shaiya, and I LOVE it. I have never spent a dime on it, and I don't plan on doin it either.

It's very true that you can play in the PvE section of the game and never spend a single penny but sooner or later, you are forced into PvP zones....Since Episode 4 was released, the PvP landscape has changed in favor of those who purchase from the cash shop.....The game has been forever ruined because of this.

I played there for 2 years and ranked top 10 with multiple classes in PvP.....Once lapisia was introduced, PvP was no longer viable for a non cash shop user like myself.

• RheicRheic Member UncommonPosts: 4

Originally posted by mmofunsbest

It's a best mmorpg. The reasons can be found from www.mmofuns.com/topic902.html

...and the reasons being...?

All I can see there is someone telling it's the best game they've played, without any specifics or reasons behind that claim...

• oif2vet84oif2vet84 Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Fairyz

o.o

Must be new or something.......and not care about pvp or gear or anything. If you want to do that, better cough up a few paychecks. I spent $50 total on AP when I still played.......at this point I regret it. Some people spend thousands.

• nyadanyada Member Posts: 2

I have played Everquest, Everquest 2, WOW and for the majority of the last six years Lineage 2.  I think this game is superior to these other games in graphics, quests, and general playability especially when you consider that there is no monthly fee.  I prefer having the item mall even though it can get a bit costly but I have yet to come close to exceeding what I paid in lineage 2.  I really like this game alot and the pvp/rvr is great.  I am not sure what all the whining is from people that can only spue out two words "It sux" they probably got ban for conduct.  

The only thing I do not like about the game is the way the quests are written they rarely give you any idea where to go to find the mobs or npc you need.  Fortunately there are several great websites that lay out mob and npc maps for you.  Other mmorpgs i have played i would typically hit an area and grab all the quests in a town.  I dont recommend that you get more than a few in this game as its easy to get lost in a pile of these quests and the others arent going anywhere.  There a  lot of young kids playing in the starter areas but they typically dont last long enough to carry their anoyingness to the higher levels.

Over all i think this is a great game but its not for pvp shy people.

• AkechtaAkechta Member Posts: 219

I downloaded the client today and played for about 20 minutes... Here are my pro's and con's...

image The graphics are quite good but some players will have a pretty long wait while the game loads (Including me).

image PvP and PvE Included.

image A lot of people on this thread are complaining about how AeriaGames are forcing players to spend real-life money. I would just like to say that in the twenty minutes that I played nothing I did (I did a lot of things) required me to spend money... Spending money on in-game items and coins may speed things up by a shitload, but it's not necessary. It's just like any other item-mall MMORPG in this stance.

image Game takes a very long time to load on old computers

image Very 'crappy' emotes...

image The client was 1.4 gigs and took several hours to completely download.

image When you click the mouse in the log in screen the client has a very slow reaction time (about 2 seconds)

image The Quest System was pretty bad.

image Combat does not look good at all and at the start controls are quite confusing

So overall I have 2 ups, 6 downs and 1 neutral comment. Hope this helps anyone wanting to play the game but not being sure if it's worth it image

• BuffySBuffyS Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Akechta

I downloaded the client today and played for about 20 minutes... Here are my pro's and con's...

[...]

A lot of people on this thread are complaining about how AeriaGames are forcing players to spend real-life money. I would just like to say that in the twenty minutes that I played nothing I did (I did a lot of things) required me to spend money... Spending money on in-game items and coins may speed things up by a shitload, but it's not necessary. It's just like any other item-mall MMORPG in this stance.

You've played for 20 minutes...

I'd say you can play even a few weeks without the need of buying anything in the item shop...

In other games, expecially Runes of Magic, it's good to buy at least a Mount right from the start from the item shop. But besides the mount, you don't need to buy anythig up to about level 50. This is something you won't seen within the first 20 minutes.

The trick here is to adict someone to the game without showing him how much he will have to spend in the near future.

If you would have to pay like 500 bucks right from the start, you'd probably drop the game within the first 20 minutes. But when you start loving your character, you're eventually willing to invest these 500 bucks, and maybe even a lot more. And when you do that and a new chapter comes out, you again have the choice between quitting the game or investing another 500 bucks...

In the end, you will (like I did in Runes of Magic :() spend more money for this "Free to Play" within one year than you would have to pay in an abo game for 5 years...

And if you complain about bugs, you'll only hear "come on, what do you expect from a free game?"

So don't try to judge a game after the first 20 minutes... you will probably fail epicly...

• NBForrest1NBForrest1 Member Posts: 11

If you want to pvp you will have to spend money, unless of course your idea of pvp is you getting owned by paying players who you have no chance of killing.

• MrChaos123MrChaos123 Member Posts: 2

Sorry guys but u are quite clearly just awful at the game, in 6 months on Shaiya US, i got a UM toon to lvl 70, with the best gear set possible, and some of the best stats possible, to put it simply, in 6 months i became one of the strongest people on the game, and how much money did i spend? yep, u guessed it $ 0.00     

So stop QQing about it, u are quite clearly just a bunch of players who are bad at the game lol

• LegzzLegzz Member Posts: 4

lol played this game when I was bored.  Pure junk.  Yes had top UM player.  Was deadly in PVP.  Quest sucked.  Graphics sucked.  Yes you can use the Cash shop to advance faster or get better weapons.  But the in game money freaking easy to build.  So let the idiots spend their parents money, and buy junk from them.   Over all if you think of playing this.  Go play Runescape for 2 hours.  SAME FREAKING THING.  Do not waste space on computer for it.

• AxeshunAxeshun Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 82

Originally posted by Legzz

lol played this game when I was bored.  Pure junk.  Yes had top UM player.  Was deadly in PVP.  Quest sucked.  Graphics sucked.  Yes you can use the Cash shop to advance faster or get better weapons.  But the in game money freaking easy to build.  So let the idiots spend their parents money, and buy junk from them.   Over all if you think of playing this.  Go play Runescape for 2 hours.  SAME FREAKING THING.  Do not waste space on computer for it.

lol.  A top UM and u only played when bored. lol.  Runescape is the same. lol.  Uber troll.