Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this good enough for GW???

DahanizzleDahanizzle Member Posts: 6

^ because about 80% of the time, i get HORRIBLE lag..so bad that i just cant even play so i end up quitting :(

my system is:

Pentium 4 2.60 GHz
512 MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce MX440

and im not a computer person, so any suggestions given please put into 'english' lol
o yea, and i did all things i could, such as putting resolution at lowest setting, etc.

thanks in advance ::::31::

Comments

• gholstongholston Member Posts: 83

get cable internet. I run GW on an athlon 1800+mhz, radeon 9600xt and a gig of ram, but really the cable internet thing helps the most. maybe you have it, i don't know, but i don't get much lag at all.

whats that video card of yours have for memory? mines a 128, and runs the game great.

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339

that sould do fine.. and since you have a 2.0+++ Ghz pc, i believe your vid card would be something like of 64 or 128 mb memory.. that should run GW fine enough.. with the right settings you are good to go.. does not matter even if you have 56k modem.. it does not affect much LAG at all...

i~ku~ra

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Im running GW on a 1.8Ghz 512ram Geforce FX 5200 on Full QL at 1024x768 (always run my games here) and its been smooth sailing so far

• TroyDarkswrdTroyDarkswrd Member Posts: 21

Upgrade your NVIDA GeForce Driver and read the imformation about problems with GeForce Video Cards

Don't pull on a Dragons tail you never know where it's been!!

• IphicratesIphicrates Member Posts: 56

Ok my computers sumwhere bieng upgraded(i'd rather not say)

but i was told i was getting these specs:

Windows XP Home Edition

CPU:Pentium III processor 423MB

RAM:373

VideoCard:Asus with 32MB(upgradable for more RAM)

DirectX I know my CPU is a little low... but cant I work things out?Can I still play?

I dunno u tell me...

COUNTER-STRIKE PWNZ!

most games these days really are not much cpu based, but gpu based.. but i believe guildwars is both.. my friends play on a 64Mb video card and 1.8 Ghz pentium pc.. iguess having a 1ghz pentium3 would be good... and at least a video card with 64mb memory...

i~ku~ra

• ZericonZericon Member Posts: 48

i have a spare puter with that "intel exteem graphics" runs like crap on it runs great on Gforce4mx

Wii Love To Play

• DahanizzleDahanizzle Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by TroyDarkswrd
    Upgrade your NVIDA GeForce Driver and read the imformation about problems with GeForce Video Cards

=X and HOW do i do that? lol damn i need to learn about computers..sigh

• TroyDarkswrdTroyDarkswrd Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Dahanizzle
    ^ because about 80% of the time, i get HORRIBLE lag..so bad that i just cant even play so i end up quitting :( my system is:Pentium 4 2.60 GHz
    512 MB of RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce MX440

and im not a computer person, so any suggestions given please put into 'english' lol
    o yea, and i did all things i could, such as putting resolution at lowest setting, etc. thanks in advance ::::31::

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can," Print this page"

HOW TO SPEED UP YOUR COMPUTER AND KILL LAG PROBLEMS

Follow the instructions below, do it now!!! You'll make your computer speed up 400%

The following utilities are so easy to use a 4 year old could use them just follow the easy Directions to download and install.

Important Note: Many people I know were Having the same problem your having , go to the following site and download the free verison of" Spyware Blaster" also, Get" Ad-Aware" and it too is free. Run these two utilities to clean out the junk that Internet Exploier users get every time they get on the internet.
    Go to the following site

http://majorgeeks.com/download2859.html

Next : go to the following site to get an anti-Virus killer that blows Norton and everyone else's pay verison out of thr water. Its called AVG anti-virus by Grisoft and it is also free and works better than any pay verison. Do this now!!!!

Go to the following site:

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

Now the most important thing needed is to download"Mozilla Firefox", which is an Internet search engine that replaces Internet Explorier .

Don't worry it is so easy to use and install a blind person with no arms and legs could install it. All you have to do is download it then run the installer to load it. When it asks you do you wish to have it made your main search engine say yes to All. go to the following site

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

After you have finished loading these three Utilities your computer will get you into any internet site so fast you'll want to kiss me but don't try.

I swear that these utilities will help your computers speed and preformance 10,000% I promess you will
    Thank me for ever.

I realize you are not a computer geek but thats O.K. just goto these sites and just follow the Download instructions, its alot easier than it sounds.

Make sure you read the simple instructions that are in the help menus of each program. When your finished loading these FREE help programs your lag problems will end, as long as your internet provider does his part of maintaining your Cable,DSL or dial up connection. if your confused or freeking out just relax you can't hurt your computer loading these utitlies and if your able to read you are more than qualitifed to load these things and speed up your computer.
    ::::28::

Don't pull on a Dragons tail you never know where it's been!!

Well if I updated my ASUS 32 MB card....would it go u and be better?

Also, I heard if I run Gw on low quality on everything, lag will decrease.

B4 i Buyguildwrs, tell me if I can UPDATE MY CARD or play without ag on low quality

tnx sry sucky keyboard It misspells things if i dont press th keys hardenough

Also sum1 show me a picture with evrythng on low quality

COUNTER-STRIKE PWNZ!

ok heres a good tip:

Go to the GW website www.guildwars.com and download the client. You should download stuff and all before you enter the game. Try observing the log-in screen as how seamless this would show how your game will be (it is a 3d environment) if you get laggy just press the options button on the lower right side of the log-in screen and see if there is a settings that will suit your pc..

i~ku~ra

u cant download client.The game is out now. U have to buy it.

So thats why im worried. MY MONEY!!!

COUNTER-STRIKE PWNZ!

u cant download client.The game is out now. U have to buy it.

So thats why im worried. MY MONEY!!!

COUNTER-STRIKE PWNZ!

you can download the client.. but you can't log into the game.. and i am pretty sure of that... theres download client button at the left side of the web page.. try it again... ITS A BIG LOGO "DOWNLOAD CLIENT" that's shown there..

i~ku~ra

• greenopelagreenopela Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by Dahanizzle

Originally posted by TroyDarkswrd

=X and HOW do i do that? lol damn i need to learn about computers..sigh

Just go to http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

as long as u know what ur card is !

There universal drivers,, i allways use them ..

Originally posted by ikra

you can download the client.. but you can't log into the game.. and i am pretty sure of that... theres download client button at the left side of the web page.. try it again... ITS A BIG LOGO "DOWNLOAD CLIENT" that's shown there..

OOPS sry i see it now,im so blind.thnx for taking my mistake without heating me or insallting me

im dumb sumtimes.N E way I also made another mistake.The new specs im really getting is

Windows XP HOme edition

Pentium III(or four) processor 1 GHz CPU

RAM:512 or more

Videocard:64 RAM(i think) And its not a Nividia GeForceor whatever u  call it so I shouldnt have probs...

And thats about it.I think I can pplay normally without low quality now that my specs hit Reccomended.

But ill still try that log in screen thingy when my computer returns.

BTW this is my bros computer ive been posting on....

THnx again 

COUNTER-STRIKE PWNZ!

• BayonetReconBayonetRecon Member UncommonPosts: 128

Perhaps it's your video card? Or else your memory -- maybe you have too many background processes running?

I'm playing with a 933 MHz (no lie...), 512MB RAM, Sapphire Radeon 9600 and I really haven't had any issues. The auto-detect even bumped up my settings higher than I would have expected. I'm surprised and impressed at how well this game runs.

perhaps your talking to sum1 else.I have no problems yet because i dont even have the game yet nore my brand new computer.And wow,953 MHz cpu and  no probs?THats  a first...that ive heard.

COUNTER-STRIKE PWNZ!

• Judge21Judge21 Member CommonPosts: 5

I've never had any lag.
    I sometimes get a "rubber-band" effect if I try and turn a corner too close.  But otherwise, its all good.
    My brother was having some serious issues, but it turns out that was related to his Gforce card.
    Normally, I suffer from repeated "lost connection to map server" issues, but here no.

• BayonetReconBayonetRecon Member UncommonPosts: 128

No, I was replying to the OP.

A decent video card and making sure there isn't tons of stuff running in the background goes a long way in getting the most out of your system. :)

• ChaoznightChaoznight Member Posts: 29

good enough for me

• KMar_SoldierKMar_Soldier Member Posts: 41
    You should be able to run GW smoothly with the new specs, no problem at all.

::Semper Paratus Pro Justitia::

• resilienceresilience Member Posts: 29

I am running on Windows ME (Yeah... buy me XP then)

P4 1.3ghz

512 MB RAM

256MB Nvidia GFX Card (PCI)

Cable Internet

Problem is my PC tends to lock up every so often when certain spells are cast.

Another thing is GW told me my GFX card was overheating but I have no idea what the **** to do.

• TyveilTyveil Member Posts: 201

Originally posted by resilience

Another thing is GW told me my GFX card was overheating but I have no idea what the **** to do.

Try cooling your unit better.  Get some new case fans if you have room for them or if yours just aren't operating well enough.  Most GFX cards nowadays come with fans built onto them, you may want to make sure yours is plugged in (if it has a wire coming off of it).