Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best RPG Game of 2010

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Mass Effect 2.

• ThanosxpThanosxp Member UncommonPosts: 177

Mass Effect 2.

I thought about Fallout NV, but i see it pretty much as a FO3 expansion, not quite a improvement like ME2 was to ME

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

Mass Effect 2.

It pretty much won that title back in January.

• mbygonsmbygons Member Posts: 38

Mass Effect 2 no question

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Who ever claims Mass Effect 2 is the best RPG of 2010 is not trully a RPG player or does not understand what it means.

ME2 is watered down , simplified, striped down RPG hybrid for console generation.

It does not even have inventory for crying out loud!!

Some RPG ... lol

Best RPG of 2010 ?

I would say Dragon Age and Risen. But they were released end 2009.

So this would go to :

Fallout New Vegas

• ElenosElenos Member UncommonPosts: 73

Mass Effect 2, for sure!

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. beats any and all RPG's out for 2010. dont beleave me. Go play it and enjoy the full 67+ hours of fun.

• TahamtanTahamtan Member Posts: 232

Will try Mass Effect 2

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member Posts: 1,880

Originally posted by fatboy21007

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. beats any and all RPG's out for 2010. dont beleave me. Go play it and enjoy the full 67+ hours of fun.

You are seriously the first person I have ever encountered who actually liked that game :) But for me Mass Effect 2 hands down nothing comes close

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

[quote]Originally posted by mmogamer1

Finally No. 1 is Warhammer Online – Age of Reckoning - Warhammer Online has come a long way in its two years of existence and still offers a form of entertainment not matched by any other MMO currently on the market.
    Read on reviews on all these top rated online MMORPG Games on XMMORPG.com.
    [/b][/quote]

warhammer online? Are you kidding me??? Are people actually playing this game still? you piece of crap, you disgust me!

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• FiriinFiriin Member Posts: 7

I liked Mass Effect 2, but it was way too short and limited for me. Maybe it's because I expect the countless hours of game play I find in MMOs. The last RPG I ever liked was Oblivion + expansions, but that's old news at least for any poll, etc. It would be nice if another expansive RPG would come out, not something I can beat in a 3 days' time without wrist problems.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

play daggerfall if you want something with many hours, and the largest world ever conceived in any game ever.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• bloch123bloch123 Member Posts: 7

Even thought this games are released late 2009 I am sure still that this games are the greatest mmorpg until now. Demon Souls and Dragon Age Origins and I am a fan of this dark ages kind of games.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Mass Effect 2.

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

Originally posted by Deleted User

warhammer online? Are you kidding me??? Are people actually playing this game still? you piece of crap, you disgust me!

The anger in this post is HILLARIOUS!!!

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• JamesscottJamesscott Member Posts: 19

hard to pick one   

• gc.migsgc.migs Member Posts: 17

Mass Effect RULES!! imho don't flame me :)

• gc.migsgc.migs Member Posts: 17

oh and add for 2011 games is dragon age II

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

when did ME2 become an RPG lol ................. its not one at all

• kalanthiskalanthis Member Posts: 111

ME2.

• NimmonNimmon Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Scorchien

Since you could pick a class, follow your character as a paragon or renegade, and develop different skills in each class.

It comes out as more of a shooter, but it is nonetheless an rpg.

Edit: Typo 

• NateArcadeNateArcade Member UncommonPosts: 83

Originally posted by Nimmon

Originally posted by Scorchien

Since you could pick a class, follow your character as a paragon or renegade, and develop different skills in each class.

I comes out as more of a shooter, but it is nonetheless an rpg.

QFT. Just because a game uses a "shooter" combat system doesn't discredit it as an RPG. Character development lies at the heart of Role-playing, and with ME2, it is present in full force. 

We would label this game as an "Action RPG"

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Mass Effect 2, no doubt about it.

Although I don't know what category Red Dead Redemption fits in - it;s not a traditional shooter, RPG or adventure game -  but it deservers a recommendation too.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

ME2 didnt appeal to me , it seemed try to do to much but in reality is just a stripped down FPS with very limited char development,limited gear , limited skills, with a linear story line with forced conversation where they make you think you are making a choice .. But you are not , they give you there choices and force you to make one to progress there Story .. Not "Yours" , much like DA another erhmmm RPG ...

When your Role is defined so linear ,with no way off the path accept the 3 they have defined for you ,it is no longer an "Role" playing game.... Char drvrlopment in ME2 was meager at best , and is best described as an Action/Story much like DA

• will_fwill_f Member Posts: 4

Mass Effect 2 hands down but if Diablo 3 is release that will eat ME2 alive. lol