Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 good and bad

KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

Great graphics and great sounds.  The game controls are very easy to learn.  I start this game just after retail and have found it will get boring real quick.  Grinding is 90% of the game and the sieges are almost pointless as NcSoft allows tactics to lag the server for the "normal" users.  They are also only for a short time every 2 weeks.

Above i quoted normal because the game has a problem with program users that allow you to bypass almost everything. The number of people that use the program could easily out weigh the numbers that do not. So basically it is competing against players that are only there on siege times or to grief and kill you. I am very disappointed that a game with as much possiblilites as this sucks so bad.

Comments

• DeadangelDeadangel Member UncommonPosts: 56

I know how you feel.

This game had possibilities.

But there is no desire on the creators end to make the changes that the community wants.

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

Yeah its a total joke that they allow the adena field trick.
    Well anyway, I'm glad those 1 million+ koreans are enjoying their game.

L2 - the game I gave a chance...but it never gave me a chance ::::35::::::15::::::35::

• fevernovafevernova Member Posts: 16

i keep coming back to this game it is my fave mmorpg of all time

• LaneoLaneo Member Posts: 359

GOOD

Graphics

BAD

Farmers, Bots, Ebay, Grinding, NCSoft

I said this before and I will say it again....

You are only a Fan of L2 and continue playing for TWO reasons:

1. You cater to farming, Ebay, Grinding Exp

2. You like the graphics

Nuff said!!

Nobody is perfect...My name is Nobody

• modomodo Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Laneo
    GOOD
    Graphics
    BAD
    Farmers, Bots, Ebay, Grinding, NCSoft
    I said this before and I will say it again....
    You are only a Fan of L2 and continue playing for TWO reasons:
    1. You cater to farming, Ebay, Grinding Exp
    2. You like the graphics
    Nuff said!!

I'm playing because I love the graphics. I wouldn't be a botter now, especially since they dropped the hammer. They said over 100 accounts a day are banned for botting, now. That's insane. How do they make any money?

XBL: pykachu10 | TS: dstarsboy | Xfire: pykachu

• ebegameebegame Member Posts: 8

can u verify if is true ? noo so they can say wahtever they want .

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

I play Lineage 2 because of the pvp. I HATE BOTTERS AND ADENA FARMERS. Though, I see a change in the amount of them, there are a lot less. Also, the company is actually having GOOD events! This past event was so fun! Lol, everyone didn't care about lvling or anything they were just doing the event. Best event though was the Halloween one. Where, every like 2 hours, it would say "The great evil is approaching" and then on Halloween, monsters started attacking the towns.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

GOOD
    -Graphic = The best I've seen so far.
    -Combat System = Combat is really fun

BAD
    -Grinding XP = Worst ever
    -BOTs = Worst ever
    -PVP/Grief = Worst ever
    -Community = Worst ever (I apologies to the few people that actually have a brain and use it, but the majority doesn't like to switch it on when they play)
    -Quests = Frankly not enough

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325

Well lets see:

BAD
    -Grinding XP = Worst ever (C3 is making the grind easier)
    -BOTs = Worst ever (I have seen worse, and these are becomeing less too)
    -PVP/Grief = Worst ever (Well I am one of the lowest lvl characters playing l2 and I have been killed only twice)

-Community = Worst ever (I apologies to the few people that actually have a brain and use it, but the majority doesn't like to switch it on when they play) [dunno more nice ppl I came across than bad]

-Quests = Frankly not enough (agree, but C3 has 32 new quests)

As you can see the game is much better than most ppl remember. Go L2!

• bendortikerbendortiker Member Posts: 20
    i agree in most terms above. in fact i love the game. this game is just not for real mmorpg gamers. this is a game for people who came from diablo 2 are addicted to collect items (like me) and just want to experience diablo 2 at a greater level. This game has no quests and does take a lot of time just grinding but its for that kind of powergamer. that simple image
  • DeadangelDeadangel Member UncommonPosts: 56

I loved Diablo 2, but I never had problems in Diablo 2 LOD with people Faking Death on my group and stealing my gear...

Never had a person in Diablo 2 PK me outside PvP

Never had a chinese farmer steal something that dropped off a monster I killed...but the group system is similar.

To say this is a souped up diablo 2 LOD is really stretching it.

If they get the PvP system fair, where a healer like myself and my 44 prophet isn't constantly in danger of pkers, no matter where I hunt.

If they figure out that people don't want to hunt along side third party software and ebay farmers...

Then I will gladly very gladly come back