Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 2.1 coming 17th November 2010

PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

The highly anticipated 2.1 patch expected to heavily 'westernize' Aion in the West will be coming out 17th November for North America according the NCSOFT's Q3 call conference.

The patch contains a big drop rate change to help reduce the grind. I know from personal experience how long it can take to obtain a good weapon and have hopes 2.1 will bring a bit of luck to Aions player base.

Along with the patch will come account reactivation programs to help bring back some of the player base.

Comments

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I've been looking for an excuse to come back to Aion. Can you tell me anymore information about this patch? Like experience points changes? I know when I first started that getting past 20 felt like an eternity.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

We haven't got any official patch notes yet. Drop rates have been increased by a lot that is all i know. I never had a problem leveling in Aion and that was 1.5 before 1.9 and 2.0 exp increases. If you haven't tried 2.0 yet then i'd suggest it and quests give a lot more gold and exp.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I had to get my account back. Apparently they changed over their billing system or something after launch and my account got lost. After a e-mail they fixed it for me a day later.

I have been meaning to resubscribe, but I'm debating whether it's a good idea with Cataclysm coming up. I know I'll devote all my time to it and not Aion.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Yea 2.0 brought an insane amount of exp per quest and kinah is so easy to get its not funny. You can make a cool mil just off questing. I rerolled and had a million kinah from questing before hitting level 20.  Leveling still slows up past level 35 but there are solo instances and repeats that will help with that. The solo instance even drops golds and blues!

• BoudahXLBoudahXL Member UncommonPosts: 199

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

The highly anticipated 2.1 patch expected to heavily 'westernize' Aion in the West will be coming out 17th November for North America according the NCSOFT's Q3 call conference.

The patch contains a big drop rate change to help reduce the grind. I know from personal experience how long it can take to obtain a good weapon and have hopes 2.1 will bring a bit of luck to Aions player base.

Along with the patch will come account reactivation programs to help bring back some of the player base.

Have you at least looked at the drop rate difference?

Here are some "official" tests

http://power.plaync.co.kr/aion/드라웁니르+동굴+-+드롭+확률

So basically we went from 1-2 drops every 20 runs to, 3-4 drops every 20. Let me explain this more clearly to new players or people that do not play Aion, if you do one of those dungeons, you know the 2-3 hours dungeons, you had 15% chance to see an epic item drop...

After patch 2.1 you will have 25% chance to see an epic item drop.

I dunno for you, but to me it still is way too low. How do you expect people to run 2-3 hours long dungeons for a 25% chance to receive an epic item? Now put this on paper and check the amount of runs it would take to get the epic item for every member of your group, furthermore calculate the dupes.

6 players, 25% drop rate, 2-3 hours run... Yeah right. Now let's see with Besh a 6 hours run, 25% drop rate for epic... And if the same item drop twice this could mean another 4 runs.

All the had to do is changed the drop rate to 100% to at least final boss of each dungeons, now that's westernized.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by BoudahXL

Have you at least looked at the drop rate difference?

Here are some "official" tests

http://power.plaync.co.kr/aion/드라웁니르+동굴+-+드롭+확률

So basically we went from 1-2 drops every 20 runs to, 3-4 drops every 20. Let me explain this more clearly to new players or people that do not play Aion, if you do one of those dungeons, you know the 2-3 hours dungeons, you had 15% chance to see an epic item drop...

After patch 2.1 you will have 25% chance to see an epic item drop.

I dunno for you, but to me it still is way too low. How do you expect people to run 2-3 hours long dungeons for a 25% chance to receive an epic item? Now put this on paper and check the amount of runs it would take to get the epic item for every member of your group, furthermore calculate the dupes.

6 players, 25% drop rate, 2-3 hours run... Yeah right. Now let's see with Besh a 6 hours run, 25% drop rate for epic... And if the same item drop twice this could mean another 4 runs.

All the had to do is changed the drop rate to 100% to at least final boss of each dungeons, now that's westernized.

100%? Get the fuck out of here. 6 hour run if you're bad. Put some time into your character, i see no point in getting your item first run then quitting after a month.

And no, it wasn't always 1-2 drops per 20 run, i did over 40 adma runs before i saw my first gold then did another 80 before i got my weapon. I welcome 2.1 patch, reduces the crazy amount of time it took me to get my weapon but also leaves you with that ' i earned it ' feeling after putting the time in to getting it.

• ukdopeukukdopeuk Member Posts: 22

Drop rate is absurb its about 6 months late but its needed !.

i just hope its true and not a lie...

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Good old NC, even after all this time in the west, only GW and CoX get it.  Instances should have 100% drop rate for every boss, otherwise its a trash mob :p  You'd still need to run the thing many times since you aren't alone and you have more than 1 armour/weapon slot.

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

lol, no need for 100% drops for bosses, increased chance yes but not guaranteed.

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• BoudahXLBoudahXL Member UncommonPosts: 199

Originally posted by BoudahXL

The highly anticipated 2.1... of the player base.

Have you at least ... westernized.

100%? Get the fuck out of here. 6 hour run if you're bad. Put some time into your character, i see no point in getting your item first run then quitting after a month.

And no, it wasn't always 1-2 drops per 20 run, i did over 40 adma runs before i saw my first gold then did another 80 before i got my weapon. I welcome 2.1 patch, reduces the crazy amount of time it took me to get my weapon but also leaves you with that ' i earned it ' feeling after putting the time in to getting it.

100%? Get the fuck out of here.

-Ok... I'll bite, seems not everyone likes to get nothing.

6 hour run if you're bad. Put some time into your character, i see no point in getting your item first run then quitting after a month.

-Hmmm we have an elite player it seems, ok not everyone run Besh under 6hrs no? And if you're going to quit after you get your loot, that would suggest there is nothing in the game but the loot itself which is the grind that keep you playing...

And no, it wasn't always 1-2 drops per 20 run, i did over 40 adma runs before i saw my first gold

-If you enjoy repetiveness of this game I guess there is/was nothing wrong with it.

I welcome 2.1 patch, reduces the crazy amount of time it took me...

-Wait, what? So we went from crazy to semi-crazy here?

...also leaves you with that ' i earned it ' feeling after putting the time...

-I rest my case.

• ukdopeukukdopeuk Member Posts: 22

i think nobody knows what is coming even the people employed by ncwest right until the last moment

in the meantime they just speculate and spew out lots of cow shite to get people interested and hopes up

over on the offical forums is a great example of this the thread is called aion 2.1 nov 17

read it and try and make sense of it ,btw its been edited a few times

what do we have coming ? nobody knows for sure the patch as changed again it wont include crafting etc ,the patch is know as Golden Daeva patch ? sounds like a event and we all know what the events are like

• OtheKOtheK Member UncommonPosts: 33

this patch means; a little less repetition but aion v2.0 even is a very good game is absolutely repetitive

• SgtEchoSgtEcho Member Posts: 139

You guys don't even know what a grind is. Aion is not a grind. Compare to Kal Online or even Lineage 2.

We have seen what a 100% rate looks like and look what it has done to that game. All it made it was a noobfest of maxing out your character with 'epic' items. Golds in Aion are rare and that's how they should be.

So what if it takes longer to get a good character? Is it not worth more than 50 characters who got their gear without even trying? Of course not, because if everyone has it, what is it's value and what sets you apart from the rest?

• OtheKOtheK Member UncommonPosts: 33

Originally posted by SgtEcho
    You guys don't even know what a grind is. Aion is not a grind. Compare to Kal Online or even Lineage 2.
    We have seen what a 100% rate looks like and look what it has done to that game. All it made it was a noobfest of maxing out your character with 'epic' items. Golds in Aion are rare and that's how they should be.
    So what if it takes longer to get a good character? Is it not worth more than 50 characters who got their gear without even trying? Of course not, because if everyone has it, what is it's value and what sets you apart from the rest?

Getting gold items doesn't take time if you're lucky. I did same instance more than 50 times to get a damn yellow spear and spend more than 30M to be an expert craftsman. Then a lucky boy who has full gold gears kick my ass in abyss. Aion is not a hard-core game, it's just crazy. NC wants you play it for years to have fun.
    Yeah there must be 100% drop rate and more effective mana&godstones to be distinctive.
  • Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Yeah I cant wait till an MMO comes out where everyone in a raid or party leaves the 15 minute instance with all the best gear in the game.  All mmo's suck till that happens *boggle*  Seriously, 100% drop?  The future of MMO gaming keeps going down the toilet with people who want everythign for nothing. 

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Last time I checked, games are suppose to be fun. Now let's break it down:

Grind is not fun.

Wasting time is not fun.

Getting no loot is not fun.

Long leveling times is not fun.

People who think other wise are dillusional. This ideal that these things give a sence of achievement is silly. Doing something that many, many other people do is not rewarding no matter how long it takes. If it takes months or days long to get something its still just a waste of time. If its fun then its fine if it's not fun then I will go play something actually fun.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I ran FT all the way from 30 - 39 and almost nothing else. I knew every pull like the back of my hand. In probably 70 or more run I never once saw a gold drop from Kromede. Forget about getting a gold drop, I never saw it drop for anyone. That was harsh. too harsh.

Now should it be a 100% drop. No way. Even if it was gold only 10% of the time and a blue the other 90% it would be too much. Something to keep in mind is that the game is not balanced around everyone having these items. If you get one, especially while leveling, then great, that is a bonus, but you don't normally gear up your character from these instances. You gear yourself primarily from crafted items. Going to a 100% drop is an idea that comes from how WoW has structured its game. It is not an inherently correct way of doing things. For most of the leveling experience in WoW, you can't craft full sets off gear for yourself. Sometimes, but not consistently. At least not until WotLK could blacksmithing  provide a green and a blue set for the last 10 levels. Aion, on the other hand has complete sets that can be crafted for every leveling tier and that come in multiple quality grades. The crafting is obviously intended to be the primary source of decent leveling gear.

On the other hand, I completely agree that killing a boss and finding that you get nothing for it is a huge let down. Even if they plan to increase drops to 25% you will still be getting nothing, as a group, 3 times out of 4.  So do they need to give us an elite item everytime. No, they simple need to give something, something useful everytime. Something that anyone can use. hmmmmmmm. What could that be?

Fluxes of course. And not just a random white or green flux. I mean a big ol' pile of fluxes that would be equivalent to an item drop but not so big that you would want the fluxes over the item drop. No, not very exciting but definitly something that anyone could benefit from. Definitly something that would help people get geared up but still keep the awesome drops rare and awesome.

If you take down a boss and you don't get the 1/4 chance of getting an item then why not at least have say a guaranteed blue flux, with a chance at a gold flux with probably 5 or more greens and a dozen white fluxes. Everybody walks away with fluxes, a few get really good fluxes and bringing down the boss is worth the time because you get at least something useful.

All die, so die well.

• ThanosxpThanosxp Member UncommonPosts: 177

Originally posted by VikingGamer

I ran FT all the way from 30 - 39 and almost nothing else. I knew every pull like the back of my hand. In probably 70 or more run I never once saw a gold drop from Kromede. Forget about getting a gold drop, I never saw it drop for anyone. That was harsh. too harsh.

Now should it be a 100% drop. No way. Even if it was gold only 10% of the time and a blue the other 90% it would be too much. Something to keep in mind is that the game is not balanced around everyone having these items. If you get one, especially while leveling, then great, that is a bonus, but you don't normally gear up your character from these instances. You gear yourself primarily from crafted items. Going to a 100% drop is an idea that comes from how WoW has structured its game. It is not an inherently correct way of doing things. For most of the leveling experience in WoW, you can't craft full sets off gear for yourself. Sometimes, but not consistently. At least not until WotLK could blacksmithing  provide a green and a blue set for the last 10 levels. Aion, on the other hand has complete sets that can be crafted for every leveling tier and that come in multiple quality grades. The crafting is obviously intended to be the primary source of decent leveling gear.

On the other hand, I completely agree that killing a boss and finding that you get nothing for it is a huge let down. Even if they plan to increase drops to 25% you will still be getting nothing, as a group, 3 times out of 4.  So do they need to give us an elite item everytime. No, they simple need to give something, something useful everytime. Something that anyone can use. hmmmmmmm. What could that be?

Fluxes of course. And not just a random white or green flux. I mean a big ol' pile of fluxes that would be equivalent to an item drop but not so big that you would want the fluxes over the item drop. No, not very exciting but definitly something that anyone could benefit from. Definitly something that would help people get geared up but still keep the awesome drops rare and awesome.

If you take down a boss and you don't get the 1/4 chance of getting an item then why not at least have say a guaranteed blue flux, with a chance at a gold flux with probably 5 or more greens and a dozen white fluxes. Everybody walks away with fluxes, a few get really good fluxes and bringing down the boss is worth the time because you get at least something useful.

Hey! I like this guy's idea!

I'll wait for the 2.1 to go back and play some aion again. Hope a miracle happens,and they follow your idea. that would be cool

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    Upping the drop rate wont keep ppl around since its still a boring pve game. Goto the auction site u will see tons of ppl leaving selling their accounts compare to pre 1.9
  • EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

This is a nice idea. I really like how crafting is supported, at least for levelling in Aion.

Otherwise, improving the drop rate might have an impact on crafting. But since it's still going to be difficult to grind for gear, and since crafted gear is often better quality than drops I don't think it's going to be an issue.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Otakun

Grind is not fun.

Wasting time is not fun.

People who think other wise are dillusional. This ideal that these things give a sence of achievement is silly. Doing something that many, many other people do is not rewarding no matter how long it takes. If it takes months or days long to get something its still just a waste of time. If its fun then its fine if it's not fun then I will go play something actually fun.

Burning though to max level in a month and then grinding gear tokens and rep is not fun

and anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot.

See how easy that was?

Grinding is not the problem, long leveling curves are not the problem. Every game has to maintain some sense of continued progression. Gear progression is not the only way to do that. Some games are structured to leveled pretty much indefinitely. That is fine. Not getting rewarded for the time you do spend simply because you didn't get lucky at the random number lottery is frustrating however. I think the problem that we in the west have with asian games has less to do with the grind and more to do with the element of randomness. If we put the time into it faithfully then we want to know that we will eventually get the prize. We don't like the idea that we might literally go forever without getting that item to drop or that craft to proc. We don't like the pure gambling aspect. Hey, maybe you get lucky and get the prize early but dont make that the only way to get it. There should also be a way to earn it.

All die, so die well.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Otakun

Grind is not fun.

Wasting time is not fun.

Burning though to max level in a month and then grinding gear tokens and rep is not fun

and anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot.

See how easy that was?

Grinding is not the problem, long leveling curves are not the problem. Every game has to maintain some sense of continued progression. Gear progression is not the only way to do that. Some games are structured to leveled pretty much indefinitely. That is fine. Not getting rewarded for the time you do spend simply because you didn't get lucky at the random number lottery is frustrating however. I think the problem that we in the west have with asian games has less to do with the grind and more to do with the element of randomness. If we put the time into it faithfully then we want to know that we will eventually get the prize. We don't like the idea that we might literally go forever without getting that item to drop or that craft to proc. We don't like the pure gambling aspect. Hey, maybe you get lucky and get the prize early but dont make that the only way to get it. There should also be a way to earn it.

I would agree with you but al lthe gear you need in this game is easily obtained by quests and vendors. Sure you can wait for the random drops but its not the only way to get gear. The problem is people are so stuck on getting gear from instances they get narrow minded about other options for weapons and armor.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

THIS GAME ITS A PURE PIECE OF ...... made by a pure of ... company

after playing almost a year i got less than some pleasure hours on this game, its tedius as WoW, and aion pvp as on this comic http://www.thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=180

as soon as new incoming mmrpg's (tera, Gw2, TOR) are out say aion goodbye