Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guildwars

Does anyone know when Guildwars is finally coming out? I'm involved in the beta testing of the game and it's awsome. I heard rumor that It'll be coming out in April. Anyone know for sure?::::23::

Deadpool

Deadpool

Comments

• FrozenPheonixFrozenPheonix Member Posts: 17
    Their estimated release date is supposed to be around mid april.

-FrozenPheonix

-FrozenPheonix

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

I think GW is a Multi Player Role Playing Game not Massive Multi Player Role Playing Game

(off topic, off topic)

------------------------

Lol

You know, I found game engine what was named "Bug World 3d"

• cerberusUKcerberusUK Member Posts: 3

There is no official release date for Guild Wars as yet. Personally i've seen dates range from early February To ens of April. Best thing to do is to keep an eye on the official Guild Wars site and the main community fansites for the latest release news.

[quote=lotharr, 1/17/05 11:18:30 AM]

I think GW is a Multi Player Role Playing Game not Massive Multi Player Role Playing Game[/quote]

Guild Wars is a mmorpg or it wouldn't be mentioned here, personally its 1 of the best mmorpg's i have had the pleasure to play in the Beta weekends as you never know wots going to happen or change due to the streaming technology that the game uses.

• souichisouichi Member Posts: 1

i agree with cerberusUK. i don't think they released the official date of the guild wars yet. But i think we'll be updated anyways.

• Master_YodaMaster_Yoda Member Posts: 1

well i think Guild wars is MMORG and isnt on the other hand- for example you have to chose districs well thats for overcrowded towns, but in mmorg they would make bigger city
    - during missions or explorations u cannot meet other ppl and you have to look for party before mission)

Im not saying that it isn't a great game, becouse it is and i will 100% buy it.

( I hope just that makers won't release tons of expansions in stores ( like if u want new worlds,itd) )

• LinkieLinkie Member Posts: 1

I think the only official statement about GW's release date has been that they are aimaing to release it during the first quarter of 2005. This is probably why rumours have been ranging from february to april.

Originally posted by Master_Yoda  

( I hope just that makers won't release tons of expansions in stores ( like if u want new worlds,itd) )

Thats not there intention, they do however plan to release expansion every 6-9 months or so ( after all these is no subscription fees so have to make their money somehow. initial sales should cover the developement so far but to continue supporting if it needs to be financed somehow.) and purchasing these expansions is up to u , u dont have to have them to still be able to play.

Beside with the streaming technology the game can and i'm sure will be updated at anytime probably without us even knowing or realising, thats the beuti of this method the dev team will be able to fix any errors change anything that they feel needs changing instantly without have to go through the process of releasing " patches " like most games.

• AerthisDavneAerthisDavne Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Linkie
    I think the only official statement about GW's release date has been that they are aimaing to release it during the first quarter of 2005. This is probably why rumours have been ranging from february to april.

Isn't that weird though, I mean, the first quarter goes from January to March...

Originally posted by AerthisDavne

Originally posted by Linkie

Isn't that weird though, I mean, the first quarter goes from January to March...

Well no not really, its pretty much stardard practise to say which quarter of the year the programme maybe released, as happend too ofthen if they set a date and for some reason the release has to be put back your going to have a lot of disappointed people. I mean look at Halflife 2 for example that got put back for almost a year, And as this game is very much anticipated i personally rather have an estimated release date than an official only to be disappointed if it doesn't reach the deadline and put back awhile. Which i feel the dev's of guildwars are trying to avoid IMHO.

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

If you go under the Guild Wars section in the Developing games, there are quite a few threads about the possible release times.

There are actual people "in the know" that post there too.  There is an "arena.net community manager" or something like that; that posts regularly.  She has said in the post that there is no quarter estimate.  Just early '05.  Head on over there, and that should answer a lot of questions, plus more.

• DelliDelli Member Posts: 3

They are calling for 18 April, Perfect2 weeks after I return from Irak.. if I make it out alive

• DelliDelli Member Posts: 3

Then when I make it back, I,ll have to get a serial or somethng to continue playing guild wars

• naclnacl Member Posts: 3
    i guess it will be later then april... or their beta must be a big success
  • AzTeKAzTeK Member Posts: 3

[quote]Originally posted by lotharr
    [b]I think GW is a Multi Player Role Playing Game not Massive Multi Player Role Playing Game
    [/quote]

It is an "Competitive Online ROle PLaying Game" as the developers state it themselves, and its aimed to be released mid april

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

Unless their own company doesn't know what they are doing, there is no scheduled release date. Posts from the community managers have said there is NO release date. All they are saying so far is early 2005. They will update us all as more information becomes available.

I'd go with what comes directly from the company than anyone else. Other companies expect to receive it on a certain day, but doesn't mean that they will get it. The developer is the one to listen to, and they say no release date yet.

• Cyb3rWarriorCyb3rWarrior Member Posts: 10

I heard sometime in April, and FYI the reason why there are districts and the party system is because by using that method lag is lowered like 80%.

• PGDarkdeathPGDarkdeath Member Posts: 2

I just want it be release. But I have aslo seen a range of dates but mid April look about right. 17-19 look the most popular.::::01::

PGDarkdeath

• DITTA_jrDITTA_jr Member Posts: 3
    you people are so lucky us here in oz have to play from level one i played world preveiw event it was mad i'm high from the end to now so it says on this site its 18 of april

death is only the beggining

• Jacko5Jacko5 Member Posts: 6
    The official release dat as stated on the Guild Wars website is April 28...
  • I just saw the screen shots of GW's and cannot wait till it comes out, I have been beta testing RYL 1 and RYL 2.  I am somewhat impressed with RYL but GW looks unreal. 

• KillaDreamnKillaDreamn Member Posts: 38

Is this going to be just another monthly fee game?

If not I will sure as h*ll jump to the chance to get it.. image

• juranejurane Member Posts: 4
    april 28th 2005 is when the game is going to be released it's already been realeased and i think it's a good game