Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEED YOUR HELP!

Hello guys and girls, I'm currently doing a University research project about MMORPG's, and with me not actually having played one I was just wondering which one is held in high regards for yourselfs. This is the first time ive posted and I'm really interested in this type of game (I loved Elite when I was younger and that to me felt like a MMORPG). Anyways thanks for reading and go on, have a vote (for me).

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by luna_nicol
    Hello guys and girls, I'm currently doing a University research project about MMORPG's, and with me not actually having played one I was just wondering which one is held in high regards for yourselfs.(...)

Sounds more like highschool since nobody at a university would use mmorpg.com forum posts as background or facts.

Also do your own homework, subscribe & play or make at least some post to what there is to "research" on mmorpg:s.

There is one big study about mmorpg:s, check your university´s article database. Othervise google & wikipedia is your best bet.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by JelloB2000

Hello guys and girls, I'm currently doing a University research project about MMORPG's, and with me not actually having played one I was just wondering which one is held in high regards for yourselfs.(...)

Sounds more like highschool since nobody at a university would use mmorpg.com forum posts as background or facts.

Also do your own homework, subscribe & play or make at least some post to what there is to "research" on mmorpg:s.

There is one big study about mmorpg:s, check your university´s article database. Othervise google & wikipedia is your best bet.

He has a point. You can't do the "reseach" here.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399

just wait till all the WoW people come on. how could you not know which one the most people play? a poor blind man has probably heard of WoW.

although i personally love the matrix online.

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339

The first thing i'd check is prices since im still a student and i dont have a stable source of income... second is the gameplay.... third is graphics... and lastly... I want to join a game that has been released very recently.... you can get a good pick between EQ2 WoW and GW

i~ku~ra

• KrimBladeKrimBlade Member Posts: 27

just wait till all the WoW people come on. how could you not know which one the most people play? a poor blind man has probably heard of WoW.

Sorry to say but another poll on this forum shows that the GW players will take the win over WoW.

Go GW!!!

WoW players are just insecure I guess.. and yeah... GO GW!

i~ku~ra

• TranquilityTranquility Member Posts: 171

Originally posted by KrimBlade

Sorry to say but another poll on this forum shows that the GW players will take the win over WoW.

Go GW!!!

Hmmmm i personally think this community might like GW better in general. But the large public is still playing wow at this time. Heck even my grandmother heard of World of Warcraft (no joke, and yeah she's 89), but when i mention guild wars, or any other computer game or program to her she scratches her head image.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by KrimBlade

Go GW!!!

Sorry to say that but actually EVE is winning and by a good margin...........::::02::

whooooooooot.. we dont have a good sample population here

i~ku~ra

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

15 VOTES!?!?! wow!

keep it coming... keep it coming.. lets see who wins when the sample population becomes 100

i~ku~ra

• Jer0nim0Jer0nim0 Member Posts: 38

I never played eve but it looks kinda boring to me ....

On all the screenshots i only see spaceships , isn't it boring to fly with a spaceship the whole time?

---Playing_ryl---

It is good but unknown =)

• JelloB2000 - Im afraid its not highschool my friend, I just wanted a background information on the games that people play, like I said I have no idea on such a game and this forum was my first port of call, thanks for the advice and posts though, all replies are appreciated. I have since done a load amount of research from the humble beginnings of Habitat and Meridian 59 to the more recent World of Warcraft, from which Ive heard is held in high regards. Ive also heard that Guild Wars is also getting rave reviews, although technically its not your traditional MMORPG (actually correct me if im wrong I dont think its a MMORPG at all)

• RikimaruX - Im not actually doing the research here on the forum. I dont see how one insignificant poll would help me ask the problematic questions associated with these types of games. From my research Ive found a few problems with this game genre with these questions answered I can put it to my main research question which is - What Makes a Good MMORPG?

• Some questions is have are -

1. Why is social interactivity so important within these types of games?
    2. Why is the time commitment for some of these games so huge?
    3. Why is addiction commonplace within these types of games?
    4. Is actual real currency within some of these games a good idea, or does it lead to eBay indignity and profiteering?

I have my own answers for these questions but with me not playing these types of games my answers become highly na

• Knivey98Knivey98 Member Posts: 27

I play wow but gw sopposed to be good and i heard u dont have to play monthly!!!!image

Some questions is have are -
    Why is social interactivity so important within these types of games? Why is the time commitment for some of these games so huge? Why is addiction commonplace within these types of games? Is actual real currency within some of these games a good idea, or does it lead to eBay indignity and profiteering? I have my own answers for these questions but with me not playing these types of games my answers become highly na

i~ku~ra