Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Middle-earth Online changed to Lord of the Rings Online

It hasn't been officially announced yet, but the Mod has said that the rumor is true.

Also a new website will be up soon along with new info regarding the game.

The discussion on the offical forums is below

http://forums.middle-earthonline.com/showthread.php?t=37073&page=1

Comments

• Kud-DukanKud-Dukan Member Posts: 34

Yep, our wait for a new website will be over soon image  Patience (mod) said in the post that we will finally get some screenshots, something we haven't seen for a long time!  Now people can stop complaining how the graphics look good, but not great, because we can actually see what the game looks like now.

• ArkioArkio Member Posts: 27

See now this is a game that i am really looking forward to palying and making alot of new friends in the process. Other then the lack of info (which i can understand some what) from the game its still all good with me.

Also on the release date..take as long as you can casue i want a finished game not another blizzard WoW game.image

• tallsmartmantallsmartman Member Posts: 53

The name change looks to me like they want a name more people will recognize, maybe trying to take advantage of the movie's success. Of course that's a big reason why they started it in the first place. But they are more likely to get those initial sales with this name. I donno, it's just a guess, I would assume more people have heard of "The Lord of the Rings" than "Middle Earth", yet the people who would actually buy the game and play for a while would already know. Otherwise, why would they change the name?

-MW

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855

Ew the original name was much better :(

Middle earth online sounds more mature!

Lord of the rings online sounds more fanboy

• KingElessarKingElessar Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Veiled_light

Umm... I think that is the point. Marketing!! The title doesn't bother me a bit it's the content that counts

They have just released a new screenshot here http://www.middle-earthonline.com/files/10/74/21/38/325.jpg image enjoy

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Originally posted by Veiled_light

Honestly, think of who this game markets to...
    *cough*fanbois*cough*

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

First off this game was not thought up after the movies, And is not based on the movies but on the books LOTR. Yes LOTR is more reconizeable than middle earth cause if you are a fan of the books and of tolkiens writings you would think of LOTR before you thought of middle earth. The Silmarillion is when Middle earth is applied and used regularly, and this game is not based of of the silmarillion but off of LOTR.

Yes it is a marketing ploy, We are dealing with a company that needs to make money in order to stay alive. So they will market there games to do so, And i am a fan of the movies but of the books first, as are many others, But i also know that being the case in all movies based of a book the book is always better. Grant it there are alot of people out there who never read cause they don't like too. So be it. But should they be denied the right to play this game cause they don't know what middle earth is. Though LOTR had always been in the title of this game. The official name was always Lord of the rings:Middle earth online. All they really did was drop the Middle earth. So it not really that big of a change. If they would of kept the name the same it still would of had LOTR in it and people would of saw that on the game title.

imageimage