Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings(Boardgame)

AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I dont really like bitching or bad talking a game I try, unless it is WoW of course...

But...after playing this boardgame a few hours, I was wondering what peoples like in this game...I mean, so many folks love this game, I wonder why...

To me it was a simple thingy...go to Mordor and destroy the ring before Mordor conquer the world...kinda 1 way orienteded...

Sorry, I really didnt like that, not many options, there is a few keys thing that you MUST do, and it is all about those few things...drop this hero there, the other heros there...and then go to Mordor....even Axis & Allies is less linear and more freedom is allowed!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Comments

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

lord of the rings fans will buy anything with the words LORD OF THE RINGS on them

i cant make sense of it either i used to hang out at a game store and tried teh TCg and got pretty good but some of those people scare me and all the board games just suck.

its kind of like a odd seperated cult that meets and wears capes.......

them and star wars geeks creep me out.......... please dont dress up like Obi wan when you are 40 overwieght and dont bath........

better then all the fat people dressed up as gandolf......

all these freaks scare me........ and they say the terrorists are outside this country.....

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• ValaraukValarauk Member Posts: 303

I got that for christmass a few years ago (right after FotR came out) and some friends and I started playing. I assume your talking about the largish one made in Germany that Barnes and Noble carried for a long while. Anyways the rules were translated from German and rather difficult to understand, as one of my friends put it "this is like watergate the boardgame". The game was borish playing it by the rules (once we finally learned them all). But we found making our own rulesets made it alot more interesting.

It's kinda one of those activities where if your playing it with close friends it can be tons of fun.

WARNING: Spelling and grammatical errors intentionally left in document to test for Anal Retentive Trolls.

"The key to wasting time is distraction. Without distractions it's too obvious to your brain that you're not doing anything with it, and you start to feel uncomfortable." - Paul Graham http://paulgraham.com/hs.html