Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A good duo?

meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Was wondering if a Beastlord and Ranger made a good duo?  Me and my wife are looking for one and we are looking at these four classes: Shaman, Beastlord, Ranger and Druid.  Which would make the most effective duo?

Also, Can the Cat people (Vah Shar?) be rangers or druids? and can Barbarians be Rangers or Druids?

Comments

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

I'm going to suggest EQ1's official forum for best advise and help, EQ1 players don't utilize this forum that much.  You can post in the newbie zone without having a subscription.

And to answer your questions, no vah shir & barbies can't be rangers & druids.  For the class/race combo available see here:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Races/

Beastlord and Ranger combo, sure, that's a high dps combo.  One of you would take a tank mercenary, the other healer mercenary, and you have a small group of your own image  If those 2 classes interest you guys, then go for it.  Having access to mercenaries these days, you can mix & match all sorts of clases that you never thought would be possible to mix together.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

Humans, Wood Elves, Half Elves and Halflings can be rangers and druids. (EDIT: Drakkin can also be rangers and druids. I keep forgetting them, since they are basically weird looking humans with bad breath... And I mean that affectionately. )

Vah Shir, Iksars , Barbarians, Ogres and Trolls can be beastlords and shamans. Additionally, Frogloks can be shamans, but not beastlords. 

If you are playing on a regular server, I wouldn't sweat trying to match up races, since everyone starts in Crescent Reach. 

• SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237

I would make sure one of you is either a druid or shaman so you can heal the other.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Do the slows from the BST and Shaman stack?

Originally posted by meleemadness

Do the slows from the BST and Shaman stack?

Nope.

Thanks Mardy.  btw, I know what game you play.....MMORPG.COM!!!

You are everywhere on the forums, so it seems....but that is a good thing!

Im oversees and can't access many sites and have no ability to play any MMO so I just get my fill here.

Originally posted by meleemadness

Thanks Mardy.  btw, I know what game you play.....MMORPG.COM!!!

You are everywhere on the forums, so it seems....but that is a good thing!

Im oversees and can't access many sites and have no ability to play any MMO so I just get my fill here.

LOL ahh that makes sense, accessing the net through restricted connection so you can't really see EQ's sites including their forums.

I'm working on building another housing project on another screen in EQ so I got time to check forums off and on.

Nice, I hope I am able to view it some way or some how.