Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing For 3 Years. Lost Over 20 Characters Twice. I Can Not Recommend This Game.

KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

In reality, none of us really possess psionic abilities that inable us to read minds.  If I could I would never have played Lineage 2.

The game people just recenty at the beginning of October released another server merger, knocking down the servers to only 2.  One for us in the United States, and the Euro server.

During this transaction I lost 18 characters that were all over level 20 that I spent tons of time leveling solo.  And this is not the first time that has happened.  They did a merger just about 2 years ago in which I lost around 14 characters that I spent time leveling.

How can you trust a game or company that is going to do a server merger every 2 years?

No e-mails were sent out and as a matter of fact for the last one I had been sick for over a month not even able to drive let alone get on a computer.

Requesting restitution, my answer on the first merger was a 30 day GTC.  On the 2nd and most recent merger they offered me a 60 days GTC.  My total paid time amounts to about 3 years of time playing, or in my case wasted time and money.

Why did they not say that you can only have 7 characters?  Which is pretty much all that the people who play have left!

For this reason, and this reason alone I can not recommend Lineage 2 as a good game to play.

Read their Eula in which they state that the characters you use to play with are in reality not yours and that PlayNc can do whatever they want with them.  It is a poor choice of words.

Luckily this is not the only MMO that I am involved with.

Playing Lineage 2 is like dumping money down the drain.  Its your chance.  I do not recommend this game as either a good MMO or a good online game.

GlassEye

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Just an FYI. You don't own any character you play with in any game. All of it is the property of the company that makes the game. If you pay monthly you are only paying for a subscription to the service of the game.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

Technically they could erase everyone's toons once a month, but this isn't about a technicality, it's more about how responsive and customer based they are.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

It never ends. image

• LuchasLuchas Member Posts: 56

Actually everyone who had an email adress which was valid got a mail annoucing this merger coming. Also all the information about what would happen and how you should react was informered on the webpage.

http://www.lineage2.com/archive/2010/09/server_merge_20.html

so this is actually a bunch of crap and just showing that you didnt read up on the information which was sent to you. And getting to lvl 20 this day only takes 1 hour so not the end of the world

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Yeah it takes absolutely no time at all to get to level 20-35. I lost one of my toons with 40m on it, but I'm tryin to get that back. Losing toons isn't too big a deal now a days anyways, with the 2x exp event and all that.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

A Tale in the Desert wipes the whole server, characters and everything every year and a half to two years but that is a whole different thing.

Every game has server mergers sooner or later. The only reason WoW hasn't is because they give you the illusion of a busy world by having cross server battlegrounds and cross server dungeon finding and then concentrating 90% of a server's actual population, both sides, in a place like Dalaran which is  a city that is all of 1 square block.

Mergers happen, if you have dozens of toons across many servers well, sooner or later something is going to happen.

All die, so die well.