Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A girl's perspective on Lineage 2 - this game sucks!

Comments

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by Sovrath

Op, you might not like the game but I don't think you understand what the game was about.

It was about player interaction, controlling resources, cland solidarity or lack thereof, economic mastery.

The "grinding" was the mecahnic that allowed all that to happen.

It's the only game I've ever played where it felt like a world. A world with villains, heroes, good guys, bad guys and battles that felt like they mattered.

edit: and you keep talking about quests. Not a questing game. It's about one alliance closing down cruma tower and having to be forced out by players. It's about your alliance members being PK'ed in Tower of insolence so you gather our alliance to march to the top to destory the offenders. It's about your alliance gathering together to destroy the raid of another alliance only to find out as you rise over the ridge that they have a HUGE army formed and you get obliterated.

It's about the infamous players who would hold dion hostage, fighting gold farmers for raids, helping new players as they were often scammed, knowing the market place and using it to your advantage.

Quests?

No one did quests, at least not after you got out of the new players zone. You are entitled to your opinion but you don't really talk about what the game was actually about.

I agree, L2 is one of the best games I have played.

I have played many, and am currently playing Lotro and Darkfall, but my best gaming memories come from L2.

This game is a rare gem.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by ChickGeek

Let’s see, where should i begin? This game had been released a long time ago, so it’s graphical part is obviously pretty much outdated. I suppose, at some point NC Soft gave it a facelift by adding shader effects and sharpening the textures, but it really didn’t helped. Also, the view distance is as far as a man with shortsightedness would see without his glasses – just a few meters away from your character. Everything besides that look blurred or doesn’t exist at all. The only thing that you can clearly see, it’s your character.

Stopping you right here.

Bull. Shit.

Even at the lowest settings you could see more than just your own character. Either you are exaggerating for effect, or you're flat out lying. Which is it?

The game is built on tech that's ~6 years old, any modern system with even somewhat meager specs should be able to run it with at least medium settings and have it look and run fine. So either you're running on a system over 6 years old, you never bothered to adjust your settings, or you're pulling that statement out of your ass.

Here's a screenshot demonstrating what you call "near-sighted view distance":

http://lh4.ggpht.com/__S14Zu4V0zE/SUn8euRw9_I/AAAAAAAABIY/CN97cIzDGsM/GludioSiege.jpg

From what I can see, even with the camera pulled way back, I'm seeing *numerous* characters, immediately around mine, *and* way off in the distance on the bridge.

A very quick and easy google search for Lineage 2 images would further prove your claim as blatantly false.

I will only add one more thing, next to Final Fantasy XI, Lineage 2 has more female players than I've been aware of any other MMORPG I've played. And they've all been very active and very good players.... Not one of them were "offended" by the female Dark Elves. In fact, most of them played one.

The rest of your post has been well enough refuted by others in this thread, so I won't waste another syllable on it.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

The problem with those "a ... perspective" articles is, if the person who's perspective it is about is a too specific type, it might be sometimes interesting but of no actual use. Like "a one-legged ex-junkies (who is also a pirate and has been a turtle in another life) view on the hair colors in Fallen Earth".

If it's too broad, then it's of no use either. "A gamers view on World of Warcraft". *gasp*

Disregarding completly your article by itself, I just want to say that women are playing MMOs for quite a while, and quite a lot of women do so. And they don't play it much differently than guys either. They do PvP with PvP Equipment and not in their prettiest flowery dress. They are happy when they find good equipment, and annoyed when they get killed.

On the one hand people are struggly to narrow the gap between men and women. And on the other hand, articles with such titles do the complete opposite, claiming that men are women are different species.

About your post:

Compared to the title, you didn't mention that many things that specifically only women might have noticed. That female characters in fantasy games wear plate armor that consists of less material than the spoon in my tea cup is that way in most games. Also, I'd have probably gave the different parts of your article some captions, or stress certain keywords in a different color, or at a screenshot or whatever, so it's more pleasing to the eye.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

My wife and I both facepalmed after reading this.

• ChickGeekChickGeek Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Xpertise

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I took her to me 'a girl's' perspective, as is... one girl's view

not a 'girl's perspective' as in speaking for all girls

But why does she need to emphysize her gender in this review? Only reason i can see is that she wants to imply that her perspective is a representative of the rest of the female community.  Do you start your reviews as '' a males perspectives'' or ''a blokes view on'' ?

BECAUSE I AM NOT A MALE, and you are a troll, that's clearly why!  I don't think it's common for male to hate to look at someone's boobs, even if its pure virtual (i mean, it happens, but most of the male audience rather like it than hate). And i do hate to look at elven boobs, i have mine own after all and i'm not a lesbian.

And besides, there are tons of "a gamer's review" texts written by some gamers. I am a girl, and i have a perspetive on this game. Is there a basic rule to forbid me to tell about my perspective and mention my gender? well, besides stirring up trolls, i mean

Originally posted by Claes

Hey baby.

In my opinion, you've missed a lot about Lineage 2 that's worth mentioning. Granted, the game is a huge grind, but for me, it was never about killing the regular monsters or completing the lacky quests.

It was about the raids, the trade, economy and politics, all of which you would never be able to participate in, if you only played for a week.

<...>

TLDR?

Short version: Lineage 2 is awesome, if you have the time and patience it requires.

EDIT: I don't get the whole boobs thing either. Why not create awesome armors for female as well?

answering to this post and other people saying this game is about player enteraction, alliances, bla-bla

I think i have mentioned that i saw only SIX players in a week. Either everyone else were carefully hiding, or... i don't know... this server was dead.

So for that particular server it would not matter if i played for a week or for a month if there were no people to trade and to raid with.

Or i would have to jump from server to server to see if there's anyone alive out there. I never thought i would have done that in any game, i mean, let's take Lord of the Rings Online - you see hundreds of people on any given server in any given amount of time, all the time. I kinda expected something like that.

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

Maybe this game seemed good at release, but holding onto the P2P model with this outdated game is like charging people to come to your house and play Megaman on your Dreamcast.

You would be surprised, but there IS a free to play Lineage 2, and it's pure official, not a pirated server or something - official russian Lineage 2 servers are free to play. There are several thousands of players as far as i know, and you know what? It's much-much worse than P2P Lineage2, because there's not a single penny or item that you could get off all of that grinding, you have to pay for all the equipment and stuff in real money.

Thus the whole grinding stuff is even more pointless that it was before...

Originally posted by jonrd463

Originally posted by xenomonk123

lol @ fatties mad at game models!

... And so the target market speaks.

haha well said, that's the target market representative... well, believe it or not but i'm not fat, i am a diver myself and weigh 51kg being 174 cm high (i belive, that's about 112pounds/68,5 inch)

Online Games in Girl's Eyes
    http://chickgeekgames.blogspot.com

• XpertiseXpertise Member Posts: 120

BECAUSE I AM NOT A MALE, and you are a troll, that's clearly why!  I don't think a male would ever hate to look at someone's boobs, even if its pure virtual. And i do hate to look at elven boobs, i have mine own after all.

And besides, there are tons of "a gamer's review" texts written by some gamers. I am a girl, and i have a perspetive on this game. Is there a basic rule to forbid me to tell about my perspective and mention my gender? well, besides stirring up trolls, i mean

So you need to accent the fact that you are not a male ? Why? If ,for example, i'm black, do i have to start my review with ''A black persons perspective on ...''. And believe it or not  , a lot of male people find oversexualisation of women distasteful. You should drop this sexist prejudice...

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Interesting perspective, and thanks for the read.  Whether you like it or not Lineage has been one of the top global subscribed-to mmorpgs in the market.  The OP would be as challenged with replies if she said WoW sucks in its' forum. /shrug

Originally posted by BigMango

I agree, L2 is one of the best games I have played.

I have played many, and am currently playing Lotro and Darkfall, but my best gaming memories come from L2.

This game is a rare gem.

i think i won't count your opinion after you said you play Darkfall.

Originally posted by maji

The problem with those "a ... perspective" articles is, if the person who's perspective it is about is a too specific type, it might be sometimes interesting but of no actual use. Like "a one-legged ex-junkies (who is also a pirate and has been a turtle in another life) view on the hair colors in Fallen Earth".

If it's too broad, then it's of no use either. "A gamers view on World of Warcraft". *gasp*

Disregarding completly your article by itself, I just want to say that women are playing MMOs for quite a while, and quite a lot of women do so. And they don't play it much differently than guys either. They do PvP with PvP Equipment and not in their prettiest flowery dress. They are happy when they find good equipment, and annoyed when they get killed.

On the one hand people are struggly to narrow the gap between men and women. And on the other hand, articles with such titles do the complete opposite, claiming that men are women are different species.

About your post:

Compared to the title, you didn't mention that many things that specifically only women might have noticed. That female characters in fantasy games wear plate armor that consists of less material than the spoon in my tea cup is that way in most games. Also, I'd have probably gave the different parts of your article some captions, or stress certain keywords in a different color, or at a screenshot or whatever, so it's more pleasing to the eye.

All articles are useless, because they are based on experience of a given human being, that would never be the same for anyone else.

To claim that man and woman are identical would be to agree that you can get pregnant instead of me. Note, that i'm not saying one gender is better than another, no, we are just different. It's been known since long ago that our brains, sight and hearing are working differently - like, it's a proven fact that woman hears a certain grade of sounds better than a man would, because babyes make sounds in that grade.And our brains - the brain lobe that dominate in a woman's brain is different than in a man's.

There are many practical differences, for example, advertising uses different psychological approaches to both man and woman customers, and we do play differently, as we do differently many other things. It's natural.

And about the screenshots, well i can throw a few in, but i'm not sure i wouldn't get banned for that. You know, Lineage2 elven chicks in g-strings and all.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Why play a PVP game if you do not like PVP.

Also allot of the stuff you said about the graphics it total BS.

This game has a large female player base and most do not have an issue with the skimpy armour, but I guess that is just a matter of preference.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

And about the screenshots, well i can throw a few in, but i'm not sure i wouldn't get banned for that. You know, Lineage2 elven chicks in g-strings and all.

I call bs on that.  With all the animated boob/clevage and thong shots that mmorpg.com hosts, and with the support & inclusion of Playboy Manager on this site....you wont get banned...whatever you have isn't going to be any more animatedly indecent than what the staff does.

So you need to accent the fact that you are not a male ? Why? If ,for example, i'm black, do i have to start my review with ''A black persons perspective on ...''. And believe it or not  , a lot of male people find oversexualisation of women distasteful. You should drop this sexist prejudice...

I don't have sexist prejudice, but don't you think we may have a different perspective on things?

And taking your example with a black person, there are a lot of things that could be reviewed in "a black person's perspective on ..."

I have a black man living next door, we're both living in Russia where people like him are still uncommon and he has a loooot of things to tell about on a black man's perspective. I see nothing wrong with someone telling something with a <someone's> perspective.

Just get over it, don't you have other things to do?

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

All articles are useless, because they are based on experience of a given human being, that would never be the same for anyone else.

To claim that man and woman are identical would be to agree that you can get pregnant instead of me. Note, that i'm not saying one gender is better than another, no, we are just different. It's been known since long ago that our brains, sight and hearing are working differently - like, it's a proven fact that woman hears a certain grade of sounds better than a man would, because babyes make sounds in that grade.And our brains - the brain lobe that dominate in a woman's brain is different than in a man's.

There are many practical differences, for example, advertising uses different psychological approaches to both man and woman customers, and we do play differently, as we do differently many other things. It's natural.

Lol, it must be tough being a slave to your physiology.  By that logic, the devs of L2 had no choice but to objectify women in their game...

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Some of you probably picking up stones to throw at me right now… or maybe not. I have a long story related to this game. I remember when Lineage II was going to be released, everyone i knew were crazy about it, we would cut its concept-art pictures for avatars, but i couldn’t get it to play – i had a dial-up back then and would spend a month downloading 200mb file so i had to wait several years until i could try it. A friend of mine burned it on several CDs and shipped to me over 1000+km, i still had dial-up and had no credit card so i went to play on some free Russian shard. I thought it was broken, because it was extremely buggy and had almost no quests, so i dropped it. Five years had passed and many Lineage II chronicles had been released since then, and i came back to official Lineage 2 servers to see this game was really about. I really shouldn’t have done that, because this game, no matter for how long it stays alive, is pure FAIL.

Let’s see, where should i begin? This game had been released a long time ago, so it’s graphical part is obviously pretty much outdated. I suppose, at some point NC Soft gave it a facelift by adding shader effects and sharpening the textures, but it really didn’t helped. Also, the view distance is as far as a man with shortsightedness would see without his glasses – just a few meters away from your character. Everything besides that look blurred or doesn’t exist at all. The only thing that you can clearly see, it’s your character.

Oh, the character! I know Lineage2 has RvR with castle sieges, and some people may be playing because of that, but my opinion is that 90% of male audience were always playing Lineage II just because of its characters. It’s the only part of this game that actually looks really good… you know… for a male. Being a female, i usually play female characters, but in Lineage2 i clearly chose the wrong gender… I had a strong feeling afterwards that the beginning of Lineage 2 was designed with young males in mind, to keep their attention with the game for as along, as possible – and female character were made for males only. Here’s why i think so…

First, female characters are very, err, feminine, especially Dark Elves - their armor for very first 25 levels look like they’re going to rape everyone, and not cut their guts open. At some point my character was wearing armored greaves that actually looked like g-string with stockings – there weren’t any other armor available for that level. So practically it looked like someone had kicked her out of her bedroom with naked ass and sent her to kill monsters until she can come back.

Also, every character model has a lot of good animations, which is rare these days. And what  is Lineage 2 famous for, is animated boobs. Every time a female character moves her boobs are jumping. Kinda even hypnotizing. Then, the camera. If you’re zooming out, it’s okay, but if you want to take a closer look to your character, well… how do i put it… it would be hard to look her in the face. When my character moved and i was zooming in, she bended over and ran, and the camera zoomed right into some… parts of her. I suppose it must be very amusing and worth playing for 14 years old boys covered with pimples, but i had to stop zooming at all.

Next thing i learned about this game, is that the old free Russian shard i was playing five years ago wasn’t actually to blame for bugs and lack of quests. It’s the Lineage 2 Itself i have to blame! This game is about nothing. The only thing you’re going there, is a constant grinding. It doesn’t looks so bad for first few levels, because there are several quests to do, but after you have done 5 or 6 of them you’re left with nothing beside grinding. There are these simple repeatable quests like “i give you a reward for every 10 mobs, go and kill as many as you like”. And there are also complex grinding chains, quests like “go and bring me these 10 items” and you have to find NPCs that may supply you with the items, and they want you do bring them other stuff first – and when you bring it, they may give you a random award from some list, so if this item is of lower quality than you expected, you have to repeat the quest (if you turn in the lower quality item you get less reward).

Like, you need to set up a feast in a quest – an epic grinding feast, i assure you! - and it requires some food, some wine and music. You can get the wine from another NPC, in exchange for items that you may get by killing 250 mobs. But he may give you different kinds of wine, the older the better, but if he gives you a cheap wine you may want to repeat the whole killing thing and hope he’ll give you a better wine this time. I had to repeat all the killing just because i found that NPC before the feast quest-giver and sold off the wine before i learnt it was a quest item! And in Lineage 2, if you sold something, you can’t get it back unless you earn it again. And for the food  part you have to kill an uncounted number of mobs – maybe a thousand – because in some places the drop rate for the best quest item is like 1 item for each 20 mobs.

And when you reach a level where you can specialize your character – it’s just more grinding. In case with my Dark Elf, she was grinding to get her a very own and special coffin – that’s the reward you get for all this grinding! So, practically, Lineage 2 gameplay from the start and till’ the end can be described like this:

Grind, Grind, Grind, Watch the elf’ ass, Grind, Grind, Her ass is kinda huge! Grind, Grind, Grind, Grind, Zzz-zZzZz-z… wha? where? Grind, Grind, Yay, a new G-String! Grind, Grind, New achievement: congratulations, you’ve become a grinding zombie!

And to spice up things while you’re grinding and watching boobs jump, there are assortment  of bugs for you to deal with. Lineage 2 is bugged like hell, it looks totally like NC Soft using a hacked client-server they downloaded from some free shard, not made it. Some bugs are so simple and plain, they’re probably been there for many years now and no one at NC Soft even moved a finger to fix it. Like, mobs and items would spawn in spots, where they aren’t even supposed to know these spots existed at all!

And the few quests Lineage II has for you, they’re bugged too. There is a newbie quest to get items for an NPC, and these items in other NPCs chests and you’re given a key for each chest. I had to repeat this quest for SEVEN TIMES before it worked! First six times the key was gone after using, and the chest was still locked. With some other quests i had no patience to try so many times that they would FINALLY work – and it’s really annoying to drop a quest in a game, where the number of available quests does not exceeds the number of your fingers! And do you remember that it’s pay to play? You pay to grind and fight bugs, that’s all you’re going to ever get – an infinite bugged grindfest!

Oh, and the famous Lineage 2 pet system. It’s made just to annoy you and trigger even more grinding. First, to get a pet you have to run over half of Lineage 2 map and ask some seemingly random people how to take care about pets. And you have to write down whatever they’re saying. Yes, WRITE it! Because, i forgot to mention, in Lineage 2 important information isn’t saved for you in any way other than if you write it on a piece of paper with your own pen! Then, when you’re finished, you have to go a pet seller NPC and pass an exam answering with the info you have gathered. After that, you can buy a pet. There are absolutely useless pets, the kind of baby ones. I guess the pet system isn’t even finished, because baby pets never grow up, they also can’t help you – at least, not in any other way than dying every single time they would try to help you. The other pets that are supposed to help you but would just do the same.

I had a wolf, and he would die all the time, so finally, when i spent all my money on his resurrections, i had to put him somewhere out of mob’s aggression range, and he would stay there when i fought. If i tried to bring him into the fight, he would die even when his level matched my own, and even if i made sure to attack mobs first and then call for him, some mobs would still hit him and he died after maybe two hits. Pets use special armor, weapons and food, so the more reason to grind for you, because pets eat a lot and often – practically, they’re eating your money while not giving anything in return.

This is a long rant already, and you may be asking, if i’m coming to PvP now. No, i am not. I was playing at Luna server, and it was a bad choice as i know now, because there aren’t any other players at all. I played for a week and saw maybe 5 or 6 other players there. Half of them were Russians talking in a world chat, and two players i saw “in person”, so there were no chance at all to try PvP, unless i would try my luck and start over on another server. But i would rather bite my own ass than play this game again!

My verdict: if you want to pay for infinite, mindless, boring and bugged grinding, spiced up with naked elven chicks, Lineage 2 is the game of your dreams. Just don’t forget to instruct your relatives what to do with your body if you go totally nuts one day.

I can't believe there is backlash over this review. It's totally legitimate.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Op, you might not like the game but I don't think you understand what the game was about.

It was about player interaction, controlling resources, cland solidarity or lack thereof, economic mastery.

It's the only game I've ever played where it felt like a world. A world with villains, heroes, good guys, bad guys and battles that felt like they mattered.

edit: and you keep talking about quests. Not a questing game. It's about one alliance closing down cruma tower and having to be forced out by players. It's about your alliance members being PK'ed in Tower of insolence so you gather our alliance to march to the top to destory the offenders. It's about your alliance gathering together to destroy the raid of another alliance only to find out as you rise over the ridge that they have a HUGE army formed and you get obliterated.

It's about the infamous players who would hold dion hostage, fighting gold farmers for raids, helping new players as they were often scammed, knowing the market place and using it to your advantage.

Quests?

No one did quests, at least not after you got out of the new players zone. You are entitled to your opinion but you don't really talk about what the game was actually about.

Seeing as the OP would rather debate about "Women vs Men" I would like to shed some light onto this post by quoting it. I'd like to hear what the OP has to say as I am in agreement with Sov.

BECAUSE I AM NOT A MALE, and you are a troll, that's clearly why!  I don't think a male would ever hate to look at someone's boobs, even if its pure virtual. And i do hate to look at elven boobs, i have mine own after all.

Heh, I was thinking along the same lines.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

I don't have sexist prejudice, but don't you think we may have a different perspective on things?

And taking your example with a black person, there are a lot of things that could be reviewed in "a black person's perspective on ..."

I have a black man living next door, we're both living in Russia where people like him are still uncommon and he has a loooot of things to tell about on a black man's perspective. I see nothing wrong with someone telling something with a perspective.

Everything you mentioned in that wall of text didn't have anything to do female perspective on L2. You dont have to be female to hate grind, oversexualisation or bad game engine. Those are common game flaws that a lot of people hate, and it's not connected your race, gender or whatever. Dont you find it arrogant and silly from your side to just march in and say - ''Behold - i am a representative from planet Girls, and i say  this game suxxorz''.

Originally posted by Jimmac

... wall-o-ramble...

Actually, no it's not. In a previous post, I provided - with visuals! - just one example of where the OP is 100% wrong.

The remainder of their "review" is personal opinion mixed with a demonstrable lack of understanding what L2 is, versus what it isn't.... something Sovrath explained very well in his reply.

Based on the type of complaints the OP gave, she was clearly playing the wrong game *for her*.

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

Originally posted by WSIMike

... wall-o-ramble...

Actually, no it's not. In a previous post, I provided - with visuals! - just one example of where the OP is 100% wrong.

The remainder of their "review" is personal opinion mixed with a demonstrable lack of understanding what L2 is, versus what it isn't.... something Sovrath explained very well.

I think he was being sarcastic.  >.>

Originally posted by twrule

Originally posted by WSIMike

... wall-o-ramble...

The remainder of their "review" is personal opinion mixed with a demonstrable lack of understanding what L2 is, versus what it isn't.... something Sovrath explained very well.

I think he was being sarcastic.  >.>

Oh... Well if he was.. then well done lol. I missed it.

If not... then yeah... my post stands :).

I have a black man living next door, we're both living in Russia where people like him are still uncommon and he has a loooot of things to tell about on a black man's perspective. I see nothing wrong with someone telling something with a perspective.

Everything you mentioned in that wall of text didn't have anything to do female perspective on L2. You dont have to be female to hate grind, oversexualisation or bad game engine. Those are common game flaws that a lot of people hate, and it's not connected your race, gender or whatever. Dont you find it arrogant and silly from your side to just march in and say - ''Behold - i am a representative from planet Girls, and i say  this game suxxorz''.

lmao... That last line is awesome.

Originally posted by Heretique

It's the only game I've ever played where it felt like a world. A world with villains, heroes, good guys, bad guys and battles that felt like they mattered

Quests?

Seeing as the OP would rather debate about "Women vs Men" I would like to shed some light onto this post by quoting it. I'd like to hear what the OP has to say as I am in agreement with Sov.

I would like to quote myself again:

I was playing at Luna server, and it was a bad choice as i know now, because there aren’t any other players at all. I played for a week and saw maybe 5 or 6 other players there. Half of them were Russians talking in a world chat, and two players i saw “in person”, so there were no chance at all to try PvP, unless i would try my luck and start over on another server.

How do you think i can see this game being about player enteraction, if i saw no players to interact with? Seeing noone alive at the official server? well, maybe i should have done a research to find if there is a populated server, or used a free shard instead of official... but how on earth was i supposed to know that before playing?

i mean, come on, login to Eve Online and fly randomly in any direction, in a maximum half an hour your ass would be handed to you in a pure player-vs-player interaction. or take a LOTRO, there are hundreds of players on any server in any time of the day.

about the quest: my whole point is that this game is pure grinding and there are no quest. you say: yes, there are no quests! you prove me right, what do you want me to say?

"oh my i was wrong, this game is SUPPOSED to be pure grinding set on pause while you PvP here and there, so that's totally okay to be another grindfest, that's why people want!" -- if you like grinding, be glad there are no quests, it's good for you :) i like quests and rant because of their absense, that's bad for me - so you just keep proving me right in my point of view

Originally posted by Robokapp

so why should we care about your review since you don't care about anyone and anything?

I never played Lineage II but right now I'm feeling a deep urge to say "game's fine, you're just bad".

so why should you write here if you don't care?

oh yes i am a bad girl, i feel urge to wear a metal g-string now

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

I haven't played L2 but I know many who have and still do.

Graphics outdated? Game being released in 2004 (2003 in Korea) and still has some top-of-the-line graphics which are better than 90% of total MMOs out there.

People play this game due to the characters and how they look? How about people play this game for the fucking amazing PvP and castle sieges and the political system whatsoever?

I didn't want to read further.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by twrule

A Korean MMO that's grindy and objectifies females?  Shut the front door.

I mean this could have been the whole review.

I would like to quote myself again:

I was playing at Luna server, and it was a bad choice as i know now, because there aren’t any other players at all. I played for a week and saw maybe 5 or 6 other players there. Half of them were Russians talking in a world chat, and two players i saw “in person”, so there were no chance at all to try PvP, unless i would try my luck and start over on another server.

How do you think i can see this game being about player enteraction, if i saw no players to interact with? Seeing noone alive at the official server? well, maybe i should have done a research to find if there is a populated server, or used a free shard instead of official... but how on earth was i supposed to know that before playing?

i mean, come on, login to Eve Online and fly randomly in any direction, in a maximum half an hour your ass would be handed to you in a pure player-vs-player interaction. or take a LOTRO, there are hundreds of players on any server in any time of the day.

about the quest: my whole point is that this game is pure grinding and there are no quest. you say: yes, there are no quests! you prove me right, what do you want me to say?

"oh my i was wrong, this game is SUPPOSED to be pure grinding set on pause while you PvP here and there, so that's totally okay to be another grindfest, that's why people want!" -- if you like grinding, be glad there are no quests, it's good for you :) i like quests and rant because of their absense, that's bad for me - so you just keep proving me right in my point of view

Lol, how can you even consider to review MMOs seriously when you dont even know the basic history of MMO design. In PreWoW MMOs grinding/hunting was the PRIMARY WAY OF LEVELING. Everquest, DaoC, Lineage - in each one of them you grinded to lvl up. There were quests, yes. But they were few , and their primary role was to get some better gear or money, or to lead you to the next grinding zone. The fact that you can level by questing was the revolutionary idea that WoW brought in.

This discussion has been closed.