Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shooters

gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

I dont play alot of shooters, but I played Command and Conquer renagade and loved it, played Unreal Tournament 2k4 and loved it, but both of those are out-of-date. The reason I like these kinds of shooters is because you blow up enemy buildings and such to win, its not "First person with 10 kills" type game. I also liked the wide variety in vehicles in both games. So, where can I find a shooter like these that is up-to-date??

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307

Pariah and Half-Life 2 are pretty cool.

Half-Life 2 has tons of mods and looks great. Very cool game.

Pariah is ok, it's built off the unreal engine, so very similiar.

I hear the new unreal engine is gonna be released this year, which probably means UT2k5.

If you dont use mods on UT2k4, I strongly suggest it, you can almost get a completely new game out of mods.

Pariah - http://www.vandal.biz/imagenes3/Pariah01.jpg

Half-Life 2 - http://www.f-m-b.org/hl2preview/images/hl2_screens_big/hl2_screen1.jpg

• HelixwolfHelixwolf Member Posts: 345

My suggestion would be to check out Battlefield 2. Awesome addtion to the Battlefield series with up to date graphics and very nice looking game play that is more tactical with chain of command and stat tracking. It has alot weapons, but also tons of vehicles like UH-60s, M1A1 Abrams, Hummers, and alot more. Only problem is that it does not come till the end of June if it does not get pushed back. Check out the site if you want:

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/home.jsp

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    Gargantroo whats your guild name in WoW ?? I want to know so I can KoS image
  • KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

World War II online. You can blow up anything except trees. ::::39::

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065

Originally posted by Kiamde

World War II online. You can blow up anything except trees. ::::39::

I guess the EPA had a hand in that?
  • mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811

ok here at the 2 best Shooters if u are interested in Online gaming

CS AND CS:S are just well awesomly fun

but if ur into war stuff
    then Call of duty Unnited offensive

thats the 2 best shoorters ive ever played

P.S ben playing CoD for about 2 year and im still not bored

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
    120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!

Those are not games he is looking for. He is into more vehicle combat and deathmatch.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811

oh in that case wait for Battle field 2 or some UNreal tournament kinda game

well i g2g

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
    120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!

• DunkballzDunkballz Member Posts: 9

Well, you should try Wolfenstein!

Why fight when we can sleep?
    Go Iron Maiden
    KalOnline Rocks!
    GaiaOnline rocks!
    Naruto rocks!

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Originally posted by Xclipz
    Gargantroo whats your guild name in WoW ?? I want to know so I can KoS image
    Not in a guild right now, but my name is Niku :OOO

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

try planetside...tis pretty cool

• SUPERMANTSUPERMANT Member Posts: 18
    Man i dont care what u guys think HALO2 is the best shooter of all timeimage (so Far)image

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

Originally posted by SUPERMANT
    Man i dont care what u guys think HALO2 is the best shooter of all timeimage (so Far)image

Haha Mr. Biased with the Xbox logo. You probably have not even played 90% of the great FPS's out there.

• DunkballzDunkballz Member Posts: 9

Man i dont care what u guys think HALO2 is the best shooter of all timeimage (so Far)image
    Well, that is mostly a kill 25 peeps to win game, but there is capture the flag, bomb stuff, and King of the Hill. But, I don't think that's the games he wants XD

Why fight when we can sleep?
    Go Iron Maiden
    KalOnline Rocks!
    GaiaOnline rocks!
    Naruto rocks!

Man i dont care what u guys think HALO2 is the best shooter of all timeimage (so Far)image

Haha Mr. Biased with the Xbox logo. You probably have not even played 90% of the great FPS's out there.

That may be what you think but you are incorrect. I have played many 1st person shooters I am not biased I used to own a PS2 and my buddy owns a Game Cube(biased is a one sided opinion for those who don't kno). I just prefer the Xbox's online system to PS2 and i cant go online with my PC b/c its shit but i have played both half lives lots of unreal i usedto play alot of jamesbond until it started to suck ... etc etc. (dont judge a book by its cover) Mr. Judge a book by its cover

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

• ThispersonThisperson Member Posts: 129
    Halo 2 is the most overrated shooter out there...

Originally posted by Thisperson
    Halo 2 is the most overrated shooter out there...

How is it overratedimage

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

Originally posted by Thisperson Halo 2 is the most overrated shooter out there...
    How is it overratedimage

How is it not overrated?

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Originally posted by Thisperson Halo 2 is the most overrated shooter out there...
    How is it overratedimage

How is it not overrated?

LMAO that is the REAL question! Oh yeah, and yeah, sure they are comming out with a map pack for 20 bucks.... look at valve constantly pulling out quality maps (for once) among other things....

Originally posted by sidebuster
    How is it overratedimage

How is it not overrated?

LMAO that is the REAL question! Oh yeah, and yeah, sure they are comming out with a map pack for 20 bucks.... look at valve constantly pulling out quality maps (for once) among other things....

Valve is putting out professional and player made maps every week, new content, and free levels and graphical updates for HLII. Personally i think that alone beats Bungie out of the water.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

first off halo sucks majorly online compared to UT2k4 doom 3, half life two adn counterstrike.

u cant mod your own maps when i say mod i mean totaly mod, as in turn off the gravity mod.

halos mod system is weak compared to any PC's mod system just cus consoles have nothing in the line of power compared to your average gaming PC.

My first beef with Halo NO SENSE OF GAME BALANCE, some weapon combinations are undefeatable. Ex Plasma pistols and machine pistols unleash plas pistol fully charged, then shoot with machine pistol=deaths.

Snipers are also severely unbalanced, even more so then in counterstrike.

MY SECOND BEEF. in the first halo vehicles were unbeatable, this one they are too weak. NO ONE can ever convince me that a military grade jeep is easily destrucible with a handgun.

My third beef. ONline play is dominated by attacks with no noob friendly zones.

my 4th. UR average halo fan is a 13 year old loser who hasnt played PC FPS's

Have you even seen the plans that ALREADY WORK, for teh next unreal tournament.

they are putting in bots that you speak to, as in they comprehend our speech, i can say to the bots.

"Harlequin sniper in the tower on the left"

and it will understand me completely

These are features that will never work on conosoles, PC's will become the ultimate game platform simply because they are easier to put in online gaming and support for, Easier to develop for, And their are more PC's out there meeting minimum requirements for games then there are consoles, or consoles that will or have ever existed. Processing Power on PC's is infintely more powerful same with graphics, 109.33 Frames per second is at least 3 times higher then what will ever be reached on consoles.

SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR IGNORANCE ELSEWHERE.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

Originally posted by Vampyr
    Originally posted by SUPERMANT Man i dont care what u guys think HALO2 is the best shooter of all timeimage (so Far)image
    first off halo sucks majorly online compared to UT2k4 doom 3, half life two adn counterstrike.
    u cant mod your own maps when i say mod i mean totaly mod, as in turn off the gravity mod.
    halos mod system is weak compared to any PC's mod system just cus consoles have nothing in the line of power compared to your average gaming PC.
    My first beef with Halo NO SENSE OF GAME BALANCE, some weapon combinations are undefeatable. Ex Plasma pistols and machine pistols unleash plas pistol fully charged, then shoot with machine pistol=deaths.
    MY SECOND BEEF. in the first halo vehicles were unbeatable, this one they are too weak. NO ONE can ever convince me that a military grade jeep is easily destrucible with a handgun.
    My third beef. ONline play is dominated by attacks with no noob friendly zones.
    my 4th. UR average halo fan is a 13 year old loser who hasnt played PC FPS's

Have you even seen the plans that ALREADY WORK, for teh next unreal tournament.
    they are putting in bots that you speak to, as in they comprehend our speech, i can say to the bots."Harlequin sniper in the tower on the left"
    and it will understand me completely
    These are features that will never work on conosoles, PC's will become the ultimate game platform simply because they are easier to put in online gaming and support for, Easier to develop for, And their are more PC's out there meeting minimum requirements for games then there are consoles, or consoles that will or have ever existed. Processing Power on PC's is infintely more powerful same with graphics, 109.33 Frames per second is at least 3 times higher then what will ever be reached on consoles.
    SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR IGNORANCE ELSEWHERE.

Wow. You just summed up all my Halo hate into an essay; so I don't have to. In fact, you just summed up Halo in general. No talent, just whoever gets the rocket launcher first.

Cheers.

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Originally posted by Vampyr

Now that is UNBALANCED!!!

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

I'm gonna have to side with Kiamde on the Halo 2 dispute. It IS overrated, all it is is a regular shooter. Im looking for a C&C Renegade or UT 2004 type shooter, with the buildings and defenses, turrets and vehicles. Halo 2 has vehicles, but you dont ever fight defenses and such to take over your enemies base.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I personally LOVED Returned to castle Wolfenstein MP. Man, that game was simply awesome. You did not have the mindless fragfest you get in so many other FPS. You actually needed tactics. You needed engineers to blow doors, set bombs, plant mines. You needed medics to heal and revive and you needed LTs to pass out ammo and call in airstrikes and artillary strikes.

Then you had your grunt soldiers. It was truly a FPS masterpiece.

I also like Counter Strike: Source and America's Army and battlefield 1945. BF1945 was simply awesome ebcause you could frag someone up in a plane...truly great

I dont like Halo or Halo 2. Personally, I find them to be VERY overrated games. I mean, sure you got the planes and vehicles and all....but blah....its a fragfest/capture the flag type of MPs....and I hate those kinds. I like a FPS MP that was some actual strategy

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.