Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Prophecy: Closed Beta Begins

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Gamingo and Reakktor Media have announced that Closed Beta testing for their sci-fi space MMOG Black Prophecy has begun.

The first iteration of closed beta will be quite small, however, with only 100 gamers to receive invites. The initial test will focus squarely on server and program stability.

If you're interested in getting involved, head on over here to sign up.

Comments

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

First post ;)

Well only 100 testers for 1st wave..well thats good...hope they did'nt choose randomly.

• Hybrid-LordHybrid-Lord Member Posts: 110

Cant wait to play this. Been watching it for a while.

• wildarms2wildarms2 Member UncommonPosts: 80

well im glad its finaly  in closed beta   :)

moo all

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

I was watching this like a hawk when it was first announced. However, due to NOW being classified as a "F2P", or "Pay for Equipment with your CreditCard" kind of game I've lost all interest.

Sad too, looked beautiful, but I surmise that they did this move for a specific reason, and that reason being that EVERYTHING is heavily instanced and there is ZERO zone control for guilds/alliances etc.

-Faded

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• saitoh183saitoh183 Member UncommonPosts: 53

After reading an earlier interview about the game and there approach to the F2P business model, i still think im going to give this one a try because they sound like they know where there going with the game. And since its the first sci-fi in awhile that i was anxious for, im not going to condem it till i try it.

GW---> (Ranger/Mesmer)Dark Raziel

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I was watching this like a hawk when it was first announced. However, due to NOW being classified as a "F2P", or "Pay for Equipment with your CreditCard" kind of game I've lost all interest.

Sad too, looked beautiful, but I surmise that they did this move for a specific reason, and that reason being that EVERYTHING is heavily instanced and there is ZERO zone control for guilds/alliances etc.

-Faded

haha because the game company said that didnt they? NOT - if you don't have info on what they will do, then don't make it up, k thx.

I play all ghame

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

heh. nice. cant wait to try this out.  hope im a random tester :)

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

I am puzzled how people still believe F2P means low quality.  Sure it can mean that, but there are also plenty of dreck subscription games out there.

F2P means to me that I can try the game at no cost to me.  I may be able to play indefinitely in fact, at no cost to me.  When and if I come to believe the product is a good one, then and only then I can choose to put some money down.

Even better, I get to choose how much.  I'm not locked into US$15/month whether I'm highly active or playing casually a couple hours of each week.  I can adjust my spending (if any) to match my level of interest and enjoyment.

Reakktor has even specifically stated they do not want game balance affected by the RMT.  This looks like a win-win - and even if it turns out to be crap, it won't cost anyone a dime to find that out.

• wildarms2wildarms2 Member UncommonPosts: 80

for over a year this game was a P2p  the switch to f2p  when they  got  a sponcer

there been a change in grafics for F2p lately  there briging out higher levels of grafics   the market  on grafics  keeps inproving and if u  grafics are 2-5 years old u loose out .  look at (sorry but its true) Wow  the grafics are   low compared to other   MMo s been released. there answer is there next   "Cataclysm "  totaly a new gameing engine

moo all

• dr_schulledr_schulle Member Posts: 5

Dieses Spiel wird Eve online enttronen!!

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

-Faded

This is interesting. I have been following this for years, and am only really considering it vialble NOW, because it has gone F2P. If it were P2P, then I would have no interest.