Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game to pick?

Hello ive been seeing all the MMORPG's here and i wanna ask what game i should pick image

on my list:

Guild wars

World of Warcraft

City of Herous

plz dont give just a answer like "guild wars." but a answer + the reason why you pick that game

Cheers, Chocomel

Comments

• i didnt play WoW and GW yet

if you want a Good game to pass time Choice CoH, but be Warned that the Game will become boring after sometime!

as for WoW, i cant really tell you about it.

but i will mostl likely suggest you to get GW, because you might be playing it for longer then the 2 other, and there is no Monthly Fees!

• KrimBladeKrimBlade Member Posts: 27

Guild Wars is the best CORPG (competitive online RPG) out IMO. This game isn't for everyone so I'll give you a run down of what it is like before you make any hasty decisions.

Unlike WoW where you play for a week and there is nothing left to do or EQ2 which has nothing fun at all, GW has many quests and they are all rewarding and fun. The lvl 20 cap doesn't mean END GAME. It is where the game actually starts and where 90% of the quests are. Also the hunting requires strategy instead of endless grinding of the same thing unlike L2. PvE, GW takes the cake.

People who like to grieve and jump other players will not like this game. All PvE situations are done on the players own map where only you and your party plays. This way there is no KS and no PKing. Most people like this however, aside from the grievers, some people prefer to be able to interact with more people than just your party in PvE missions.

PvP in GW is the best hands down and in many cases makes up to the people who like to interact more in PvE. There are three types of PvP. Arena is where you are randomly put into groups and the two groups go against each other. Tournament is where you can select team your on for a tournament style of play. Then there are the actual Guild Wars. You and your guild form parties and take on other rival guilds to increase your rank. Also all PvP is more strategy than grinding for weapons which is what really makes it the best.

Also there are many expansions to the game to come. All of which will add even more content to lvl 20 players and new land to explore as well. You have to buy each expansion but not having it doesn't make the game unplayable. Some people say that because of no monthly fees it won't work out this way. But really I believe it will do just fine. Think about it this way. You pay $10 a month to play a game and get a free expansion every three months. Isn't that the same has having no monthy fee but getting a $30 expansion every 3 months? That being said I believe the expansions will do just fine in both quantity and content.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

• FalconoffuryFalconoffury Member Posts: 555

I recommend AC2. It offers more customizability of your character compared to most games. Not all people of the same class are alike. There are lots of choices to make when advancing your character.

The graphics hold up against games coming out recently.

The combat is faster paced than most games, and you have a good selection of special skills to use while fighting.

You can have fun solo if you choose to. Many quests require grouping, but it's not one of those games where you are stuck without a group and can't do anything.

The crafting system is very detailed. There are many different styles of armor and weapons, and many possible spells that can be added to them. There are about a dozen different materials for harvesting using mining or butchering. Crafting weapons and armor are more powerful than looted, but looted items are competitive enough where you can skip crafting if you choose.

The expansion pack comes out on May 4. That's about 4 days from now. If you start today, you won't see that many new players because the game hasn't been on store shelves in a while. If you start with the expansion (expansion includes original game), then you'll probably see lots of people your level. There will be lots of new players, and lots of old ones trying the new races. The continent of Knorr is part of the expansion and adds about 30% more land to the game. Over 100 new quests will be added to the expansion, and they added more options for people to customize level 50+ characters.

The quests are generally of high quality and memorable. The vault quests really add to the story feel.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by chocomel
    Hello ive been seeing all the MMORPG's here and i wanna ask what game i should pick image
    on my list:
    Guild wars
    World of Warcraft
    City of Herous
    plz dont give just a answer like "guild wars." but a answer + the reason why you pick that game
    Cheers, Chocomel

Well i mean it really depends , what exactly are you looking for? Guild Wars is more of a Diablo2 with quite a bit of mmorpg components but it doesnt exactly play like an mmorpg considering its made up of little servers in one big one. Guild wars is a good game for someone looking for more casual play , with a single player feal and lots of competetive PvP not to mention theres no monthly fee but its not exactly a true ''MMORPG'' in terms of how the servers made up of districts.

WoW is a pritty good game if your into PvP , some what casual style play and are a fan of Warcraft. If your all of those then you'll probaly really enjoy WoW.

City Of heroes ive never played but it ive heard its pritty good , so yeah...cant really comment on that one heh. Good Luck ::::32::

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

Me playing all and betatesting all have to say...

If you like Action games...

Get Guild Wars first. It is action packed and you aren't risking money. No trouble finding a group, really great community. Beautiful. Quests are hands down the best. I am not kidding. Those quests are pretty damn original. EQ2 would maybe be second with that then WoW third.
    If you like Guild Wars, save up money and buy WoW where you do pay monthly but you can switch game u feel like playing. I play both and I like to switch. Both are drastically different in game design but combat is near same with Guild Wars being more action.

If you aren't into Action games but online games...
    Get WoW which is fantasy galore, etc, etc. Then of course buy Guild Wars :D

P.S. I didn't mention CoH because its a waste of money as its so borrrring after like 2 weeks. No kid

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

CoH.

Most peoples complain there is not enought to keep going, which mean they actually enjoy it a lot to that point.  Best combat mechanic system.  Almost a great solo system, still a good solo system if not great.  Customisation is awesome.  Extremely fun small groups(3-4 persons) game.

I didnt try GW yet, I will try it, but I honestly have very little expectations, yet who know, they may surprise me and beside, no monthly fee...but I aint a raiding person, neither a PvPer person, and with the ability to /instant level 20(which is the max level), I dont say I wont like it, I dunno...it feel...weird.

WoW:  My worst personnal MMORPG experience so far, yet many persons like it and they bring tons of new customers, which mean tons of new competitions and product, so I am happy to have buy a copy of it if only to encourage competition...and the game is not trash.  I mean, if I would have experience WoW without playing EQ, I would prolly be a WoW fanboi now...but story is, I expect it to be better then EQ, not an overgrown easier tutorial...so I left, I was actually angry while playing(like in my late EQ period, yet I quit right away rather then bear it sometimes like for EQ).

Anyway, if a game appeal to you, try it yourself!  You never know!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• chocomelchocomel Member Posts: 2

Thx everyone for your fast response!

@KrimBlade, what do you mean "dropping into groups?" is it like Diablo that you got like XX games at a "starting view" (like battle.net chat was for diablo II) ?

• scars87scars87 Member Posts: 234
    It seems that all the newest games I play, it doesnt beat the best pvp game: EVE-ONLINE. I wish I didnt stop playing, I would start playing again but I am to to far behind in the economy of the game. O well... image

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by dRedawg
    It seems that all the newest games I play, it doesnt beat the best pvp game: EVE-ONLINE. I wish I didnt stop playing, I would start playing again but I am to to far behind in the economy of the game. O well... image

EVE gets boring pretty fast, though.  There's just not much to do.  PvP in it is pointless as well.  Great graphics though, and just flying around is cool.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• KrimBladeKrimBlade Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by chocomel

Thx everyone for your fast response!
    @KrimBlade, what do you mean "dropping into groups?" is it like Diablo that you got like XX games at a "starting view" (like battle.net chat was for diablo II) ?

I am guessing you are talking about arena fights.  Yes the groups in arenas are random.  The tournaments and Guild Wars are the types of fights where you choose what party you want to fight with.

Arena fights are like on your feet thinking strategy while cooperating with others.  GW and tournaments require both strategy before and while you are fighting.

Hope that helps answer your question.

• juranejurane Member Posts: 4
    i don't really know you style but i would say guild wars because it's new fun and the graphics are awesome and if you ever get bored of fighting monsters you can go to the pvp and maybe even have a chance to defeat the hall of heros and keep your race in favor of the gods it's very hard though i haven't played the other games but i think guildwars is awesome
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by nethervoid
    Originally posted by dRedawg It seems that all the newest games I play, it doesnt beat the best pvp game: EVE-ONLINE. I wish I didnt stop playing, I would start playing again but I am to to far behind in the economy of the game. O well... imageEVE gets boring pretty fast, though. There's just not much to do. PvP in it is pointless as well. Great graphics though, and just flying around is cool.

Lol................how many minutes did you play before giving up?

I might agree that some people can find EVE gameplay quite boring, but don't say there is nothing to do. There is lots to do.
    PVP..........well you can't PVP with your puny nooby spaceship. You need to buy a cruiser and be part of a good Corporation to enjoy PVP (Buying a Battleship is particularly advised if you want to start the pirate career. A Cruiser could not be enough to fight back all the battleships that will chase you to get the bounty placed on your head, let alone all the police patrols that will pulverise your ship at sight).

If you navigate from solar system to solar system on board of your spaceship admiring the Space, without understanding what you need to do to progress, than EVE could be boring.
    But that's not how it s meant to be played........................

• yeah I would have to say Guild Wars. Alot of people seem to think that since its not the same as the other MMO's that its a bad thing but all of the differences are for the sake of better game play IMO. Guild Wars is a revolutionary game.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    Gee Dubya (GW)