Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is'nt there a Mortal Online Forum? /moved

EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

How come we don't have any forum for Mortal Online on mmorpg.com?
Does a company have to pay to get a forum on this website?
I am just curious..

Comments

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

Click on Stradden in my signature.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Some intern thing I think.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Alot of red tape eh?

Oh well.. Guess I know where I will keep going for the information.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Think the reason is they don't have in game screenshots yet. Or so I read once here.

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410

Probably lack of screenshots.

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

There was a discussion about this in the Darkfall forums, but that's very treacherous territory, so I don't advise looking for the thread.

Anyways, Stradden said that MMORPG.Com is in talks with Mortal Online, and they do want to add a forum for it, but they need a couple of things which the developers of MO haven't provided yet.

Someone posted that the rule is 5 screenshots, and MO only has one, so log onto the MO website and demand a few more screenies for starters.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

There was a discussion about this in the Darkfall forums, but that's very treacherous territory, so I don't advise looking for the thread.
    Anyways, Stradden said that MMORPG.Com is in talks with Mortal Online, and they do want to add a forum for it, but they need a couple of things which the developers of MO haven't provided yet.
    Someone posted that the rule is 5 screenshots, and MO only has one, so log onto the MO website and demand a few more screenies for starters.

Lego universe doesn't have 5 screenshots, but they have been added.

• FlarinstarFlarinstar Member Posts: 84

There are other requirements other than 5 screenshots and i don't know if that is a real requirement either. MMORPG.com obviously does not recognize Mortal as an official real game that will come out yet. Odds are they probably wont because Mortal online is right now nothing more than talk. Give it a year.

Looking for a new game to play

Originally posted by ghoul31

Actually, Stradden didn't mention the 5 screenshot rule, some one else did, so I don't know if that's actually a rule or not. Maybe someone could post a link to the rules for a game being listed on MMORPG.Com.

What Stradden said is:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/212601

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730
    Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

I am just curious..

Don't tell me that this will be Mortal Kombat online.

I guess that they will make MMO's out of any kind of glorified crap these days.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Ihmotepp There was a discussion about this in the Darkfall forums, but that's very treacherous territory, so I don't advise looking for the thread.

Actually, Stradden didn't mention the 5 screenshot rule, some one else did, so I don't know if that's actually a rule or not. Maybe someone could post a link to the rules for a game being listed on MMORPG.Com.
    What Stradden said is:

Its in the FAQ under "I think there is a game that needs to be added to your list. How do I submit this?"
  • galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

why would you want such forum now? there is nothing to discuss about, as nobody knows anything. dont get me wrong, i am huge enthusiast of MO, but at this moment I see no reason for forum for at least three months.

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

Originally posted by JelloB2000

What Stradden said is:

Its in the FAQ under "I think there is a game that needs to be added to your list. How do I submit this?"

Thank you. The correct answer is 3-5 screenshots, but an exception can be made:

Exception:

MMORPG.com will occasionally make an exception to the above visual representation rules only if the following conditions are met:

1. User demand for the game's listing is high enough to warrant the decision (as decided by MMORPG.com staff).

2. The game is being developed by a professional, registered company.

3. Personal contact has been made between MMORPG.com editorial staff and the studio in quesiton.

Exception:
    MMORPG.com will occasionally make an exception to the above visual representation rules only if the following conditions are met:
    1. User demand for the game's listing is high enough to warrant the decision (as decided by MMORPG.com staff).

3. Personal contact has been made between MMORPG.com editorial staff and the studio in quesiton.

Well there has been a ton of demand on this site for Mortal Online. And there has been no demand for Lego universe.  So it doesn't make sense.

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

Why not just use their forums?

Exception:

Well there has been a ton of demand on this site for Mortal Online. And there has been no demand for Lego universe.  So it doesn't make sense.

You are misstating the rule. The rule is not "a ton of demand". The rule is demand "high enough to warrant the decision," as decided by MMORPG.com staff.

Neither Lego Universe NOR Mortal Online may have high enough use demand, but Lego Universe may have gotten in by personal contact with the MMORPG.com staff.

Neither Lego Universe NOR Mortal Online may have high enough use demand, but Lego Universe may have gotten in by personal contact with the MMORPG.com staff.

In other words, the Lego people forked over the cash, and the Mortal Online people didn't

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

I am just curious..

Thanks mmorpg.com for adding the forum!

I stand corrected now  

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Locked due to necro.

This discussion has been closed.