Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats is this game?

ragyragy Member UncommonPosts: 17

as a title say whats this game?

Played:WOW(2years)GW(4months)LOTRO (2MONTHS) and others i played max 1month
playing:none
waiting:WAR,Aion,WOW:WRATH OF THE LICH KING,GW2,

Comments

• SpeiberbobSpeiberbob Member Posts: 233

Maybe if we are lucky, a step into the right direction for mmorpgs.

AC2,AO,D&L,Lotro,VsoH,SWG,Uo,HGL,Drunners,CoH,GW,Potbs,PWI
    Eq2,Dofus,WoW,WWIIO,Ryzom,Planetside,EvE,TR,DDO,RFonline,FOM,VC,..etc blabla
    also hobbies....staring at loadingbars

• HolaHolaHolaHola Member Posts: 68

Last hope for MMORPGs if Darkfall fails

Playing: League of Legends!

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

The Last Hope for Full PVP if Darkfall fails , Companys take a big risk pushing for full PVP it limits there audience to a vocal minority m but I appluade them for taking that risk .

• bluegoo2bluegoo2 Member Posts: 72

The last hope for the genre because Darkfall will fail.

It is, as the description says, an open realistic world with no PvP zones. Full loot, house key looting, open PvP, legendary mobs.

• ragyragy Member UncommonPosts: 17

i read some about this game it looks good free world without levels  i think if darkfall fails this can a be succes

Played:WOW(2years)GW(4months)LOTRO (2MONTHS) and others i played max 1month
    playing:none
    waiting:WAR,Aion,WOW:WRATH OF THE LICH KING,GW2,

• bluegoo2bluegoo2 Member Posts: 72

I hope Darkfall doesn't fail because I don't want to have to play with a bunch of annoying rabid fanbois.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

U misers, Darkfall ship didn't sink yet, but you are leaving it like rats.

The difference between DFo and MO community is that, the 1st one don't believe in what they see, wishing the worst for this title. But MO community wishes all the best for DFo, cause it's not a competitor on mmorpg market, but an ally in bringing true mmorpg sandbox genre live.

I wish ESRB for MO was rated higher than M+, but we'll hammer into those teenage carebear heads wtf is a true mmorpg game.
    Hope true DFo members will start doing it first.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• MptrMptr Member Posts: 20

I've heard many say that the Darkfall community is the worst mmorpg community ever, since they are so hostile against new people. Though most of them(the new ones) are probably carebears.

Originally posted by Mptr
    I've heard many say that the Darkfall community is the worst mmorpg community ever, since they are so hostile against new people. Though most of them(the new ones) are probably carebears.

That's why those old ones tried switching to MO.
    Funny is that there came carebears too.
    Some of them were assimilated, opened their eyes, and understood what is ffa pvp sandbox game about.
    Some still aren't mature enough to grow up from themepark mmorpg-like games. So we let them free to go back to their own sandbox, not letting them troll like on forumfall.

I'll let u guess where from came the worst trolls to forumfalls ;)

--
    /thread

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Im not a fanboi of DF or a hater.. but I will play it .. if it Releases sometime ever in the near future cause I believe in what they are trying to do is bring back the sandbox concept back to us the way it was meant to be, I will also support this game as well for their attempts in bringing me a world to play in also.

However, I would like some more info on this game first as in mechanics, features that sort of thing. :)

Only one criticism though... when are devs going to start making more MMOs real MMOs that will shift away from the fantasy genre...? We got Fallen Earth, EVE, Earthrise, and Crusades, they need to get crackin on making some more Sci-Fi games

You are fed up with fantasy genre, but what real fantasy mmorpg did you play ? not mmorp-like-games.
    The only 1 I've heard about was UO, and then EQ - until dozen of its clones started to appear.

--
    /thread

I joined the DF community in September noone has been hostile to me at all, in fact quite the opposite, its that new people dont bother to read information about the game and they completely bypass the noob forums to ask questions about the game , they come to the advanced discussion forums where mostly the old timers and more informed people roam , and the noobs ask stupid questions or whine about why DF has FFA PVP and how it needs to be changed cause of blah, blah, I think this is where the DF community gets painted as the worst community but if you go there and read some of the ridiculous people ask there you would have to do the /facepalm too.

Once again, read and inform yourself before popping off in the advanced forums cause a lot of people in there will tell you some pretty nasty stuff if you ask stupid questions..or make threads about changning the game to make it more casual friendly...

Originally posted by joshe

You are fed up with fantasy genre, but what real fantasy mmorpg did you play ? not mmorp-like-games.

The only 1 I've heard about was UO, and then EQ - until dozen of its clones started to appear.

I was always more of a sci-fi , and post-apoclyptic setting type of person. Just not a lot of those types of MMOs yet... but would like to see some creative designs for those types of MMOs one day.

Only fantasy MMO I have played was UO and that was it, DF will be my next fantasy MMO, why cause the features and mechanics actually interest me enough to want to try it at least. But Im not holding my breath on it releasing either, I am skeptical about DF and the way they hold this game in total secrecy, like the existence of extraterestials. Hopefully Im wrong about DF though I really do cause right now Im MMOless and single player RPGs are cutting it for me right now, well except Fallout 3. But anyway time for me to hit the sack :)

I assume you are a member of fallen earth, earthrise and stargate (although it seems to me this game is a themepark one) communities ;)
    I'm a little bit into sci-fi too, and ofps games, but planetside is a bit too much sci-fi. But I'd like to see more real mmofps games, not only those ofps claiming to be mmofps.

And of course I need badly a massive version of dark messiah. Hope that MO will be one, and DFo will blaze a trail to sandbox real mmorpg fantasy games.

--
    /thread

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Locked due to necro.

This discussion has been closed.