Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I make a few suggestions, hon?

First off, you create a lot of new threads, and - from what I've seen - about 90% of your threads are off-topic even for an Off-Topic forum!  I've often gotten the impression the only reason you post is to drive up your post count.  Now, you can save yourself a lot of this heartache (and what has got to be complete humiliation) if you would think about what you post before posting it.  When creating a new thread, ask yourself these questions:

• Is the topic on which you wish to post one of a general interest of the forum's readers?
  • Is the topic something that can be discussed by the forum's general populace?
  • Does a thread discussing that topic already exist? (if so, then post your thoughts there instead of creating a new thread).

Once you've answered the above questions, have determined that your topic meets the above criteria, and have actually written the post, I strongly suggest you do the following:

1. Check for proper spelling.  This board's text editor has a decent spell-check utility built in.  Use it.
  2. Avoid the sort of shorthand typing commonly associated with cell-phone text messaging and kiddie chat rooms.  People who use such forms of shorthand in a message forum really give a rather poor impression of their intelligence to those reading it.
  3. Check your grammar.  Make me believe that my tax dollars on education are being wisely spent.
  4. Before you press that "Post Message" button, read your post to yourself.  Out loud; to someone else if necessary.  If your post makes no sense when you read it out loud, chances are pretty good that we won't understand what the hell you're talking about either.

Lastly, your age (I assume you're 12?) does not exempt you from certain codes of online etiquette, nor does it excuse you from behaving like a total jackass in the forums.  I strongly urge you to become familiar with basic "Netiquette" principles and practices if you decide you want to continue posting here.  http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/ is a good place to start.

oh whatever...quite frankly, I enjoy it when people say that my post doesn't make sense, so whatever.

Oh, I used the spell check button and you're the one that spelled etiquette netiquette.

I know that you're hiding things
using gentle words to shelter me
your words were like a dream
but dreams could never form me...
Not that easily

I acted so distant then
didn't say good-bye before you left
but I was listening
you'll fight your battles far from me...
Far too easily Save your tears Cause I'll come back
-Final Fantasy

Comments

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Oh, I used the spell check button and you're the one that spelled etiquette netiquette.

Netiquette = Net Etiquette...

net·i·quette Audio pronunciation of "netiquette" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nt-kt, -kt)
    n.
    Etiquette practiced or advocated in electronic communication over a computer network.

Learn something new every day huh? ;) The saying/song "You betta check yerself before you wreck yerself" comes to mind suddenly...

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

There is a spell check button?

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Please, for the sake of humanity, stop making a fool of yourself. Every new thread you make, just makes other people hate and look down on you more. Learn to post/reply to other people's threads before you start making your own threads.

• PizzaFarnoPizzaFarno Member Posts: 179

mabye start thinking about your OWN posts::::03:: K?

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

lexi u have no human intelligence.

u took the only persons post who wasnt flaming you and being polite. and turned it in their face and spat on them.

u have sunk lower then i previously thought.

please this goes in spam forum.

ADMIN PLEASE PUT THIS IN SPAM.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

I dont think its the grammar, spelling or lack of organization that makes SexiLexi's posts so bad. It's the total randomness, no logic, lack of point, and flaming/cursing that makes them so horrible.

Tell me Lexi The Phiolospher, what is the point of reading posts that lack a point, lack reason, full of cursing stars, and don't make sense? What are you going to get out of those posts?

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558

come on guys cut her some slack... she is screwed up and f***ed but I like to say that we all are and thats why we all love these forums.... Lexi you nice and all... just try to be nicer llol... Vamp. she is 12 or so and though I agree with you on her train of thought... she desreves some slack because everyone been yelling at her.... lastly lexi just try please try to make some sense out of your posts... like this one of example was it really neccesarry?...ok well that being said smiles all around :)... lol ghahahaha

Originally posted by vrtldave

come on guys cut her some slack... she is screwed up and f***ed but I like to say that we all are and thats why we all love these forums.... Lexi you nice and all... just try to be nicer llol... Vamp. she is 12 or so and though I agree with you on her train of thought... she desreves some slack because everyone been yelling at her.... lastly lexi just try please try to make some sense out of your posts... like this one of example was it really neccesarry?...ok well that being said smiles all around :)... lol ghahahaha

....... dave ur being way way way way way too nice. not even jesus was that understanding.

and arent u supposed to be 13 or older to be on these forums?????

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065
    I really think peopl ehere should learn manners, myself included.
  • tummblertummbler Member UncommonPosts: 267

hey guys!

what'd i miss?!?

----------
    nogold.org....

• SexiLexi_FFSexiLexi_FF Member Posts: 94

omg...did you guys not understand??? I enjoy it! I will stop with the stars and my bad grammar, but i refuse to stop posting my own topics. GET over it ..if you don't like me or my posts than why do you just continually read them??? that's stupid....

and Kathryn(sorry if i spelled that wrong) I am sorry for "flaming" you....

Not that easily

I acted so distant then
    but I was listening
    -Final Fantasy

• SexiLexi_FFSexiLexi_FF Member Posts: 94
    Oh yeah and I don't post to make my rank go up, I could care less about that. I just like to watch everyone's reactions.

Not that easily

I acted so distant then
    but I was listening
    -Final Fantasy

lexi ur like a train wreck.

we all hate it and are abhored by the site, but are so drawn in pyschologically that we are forced to watch.

This discussion has been closed.