Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Already Reported" Notice

HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

I'd love to see the 'Report Post' feature disabled or some sort of notice displayed if a post has already been reported. As it is, it requires a minimum number of characters and some time to input info... and only one person has to do this... so all subsequent people that attempt to report a post are forced to type in the info and then discover that the post has already been reported. This can be quite annoying.

Comments

• HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307
    I agree with this, only problem I would see is if two people wanted to report the post for two different this, like if one person was off topic/hi-jacking, and maybe someone else wanted to report the post for being off topic. Something like that.
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Harelin
    I'd love to see the 'Report Post' feature disabled or some sort of notice displayed if a post has already been reported. As it is, it requires a minimum number of characters and some time to input info... and only one person has to do this... so all subsequent people that attempt to report a post are forced to type in the info and then discover that the post has already been reported. This can be quite annoying.

Doesnt work, some forums have tried this approach but it takes only one person with multiple accounts to run rampant & report random posts to make work harder for mods.

Im thinking that there is a "several user reports = more important to remove" system in place so that mods can remove the most important/damaging posts ("illegal"-type ones for me). Also more information on what is wrong with a post/thread is better than less.

Still I support to remove the "post has been reported already"-bit since it makes me do one more click ::::02::