Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Walking Dead

WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Just watched the premiere.  It was pretty damn sweet.  If that is any indication of how the show is going to go in general this is definitely a watcher.

Hard to believe that AMC can have some of the more interesting shows on television.  Breaking Bad is another great show.

Anyone else see it yet?  What did you think if you have?

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Comments

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

For a hardcore fan of the comic since 2005, and someone who's been watching zombies since they were born, I loved it. I attended their panel at NYCC and knew it wouldn't disappoint.

Hint: the season ends coinciding with the comic's issue 6. I asked Bob Kirkman.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Originally posted by Toxilium

For a hardcore fan of the comic since 2005, and someone who's been watching zombies since they were born, I loved it. I attended their panel at NYCC and knew it wouldn't disappoint.

Hint: the season ends coinciding with the comic's issue 6. I asked Bob Kirkman.

Same here. Walking Dead's been my favorite comic to keep up with every since I read the first issue. 

I saw some interviews from ComicCon and etc. with Kirkman remarking the show will pretty much stick to the comic, compromising only where it makes sense for format...and that means holy hell, actor churn galore. 

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

The first episode was beyond epic.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Yeah, I must admit I never heard of the series until about a year ago when I read they were making a television adaption of it.

Simply seems great for those that are fan of the series and others that enjoy the horror genre.  It isn't like we have a lot of choices when it comes to television for our fix.  Hell, there's a good chance this will end up being better than the majority of horror films we have seen come out as of late.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

It is about time we got a zombie tv series!

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by SgtFrog

It is about time we got a zombie tv series!

Thank god it's on a cable channel though.  Could you imagine if this was on the regular broadcast networks? It would be either turned into a teeny bopper fest or somehow they would find a way to syndicate it: Law & Order: The Walking Dead.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

It was pretty well done.  I like how they didn't scrimp on the zombie effects or make it something lame like a bad strain of bird flu. 

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

It was really good. I forgot it was a TV show, got surprised when the "movie" ended so quickly : (

The nice part though is we'll see more next week.  The bummer though is my understanding is least for Season One it is only going to be six episodes.

Although this may be a good thing too because this may allow them to do more per episode with their budget and not have episodes that feel forced or done rushed like you see in some other television series.

Gonna be a long wait for Season Two though hehe.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I thought it was pretty good, but I probably wouldn't have even watched it if I didn't see it IRL. lol

There were zombies walking around town too, lol. I didn't take a picture of them because I didn't know what they were until I saw that like 20min later. They looked like crap in person. 

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

I loved the comic book.  The first episode of the tv series was a little slow but I still liked it.  I can't wait for an MMO based on this.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!